Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Merrick Garland's Justice Department

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
pipistrelle

Re: Merrick Garland's Justice Department

Post by pipistrelle »

Garland presser in a half hour.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Garland going to make an address in about 30 minutes. Not clear what he's going to speak about.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:03 pm Garland going to make an address in about 30 minutes. Not clear what he's going to speak about.
he's asked to have the Warrant and receipt unsealed. Apparently, Judicial Watch requested they be unsealed: https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/fe ... h-warrant/
On Wednesday, conservative legal nonprofit group Judicial Watch filed a motion to unseal the Trump search warrant with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.

“Here, Judicial Watch is investigating the potential politicization of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Department of Justice and whether the FBI and the Justice Department are abusing their law enforcement powers to harass a likely future political opponent of President Biden,” the four-page motion says. “If the Court were to unseal the materials, Judicial Watch would obtain the materials, analyze them, and make them available to the public. Unsealing the records therefore would further Judicial Watch’s mission of educating the public.”
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
realist

Post by realist »

Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:43 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:03 pm Garland going to make an address in about 30 minutes. Not clear what he's going to speak about.
he's asked to have the Warrant and receipt unsealed. Apparently, Judicial Watch requested they be unsealed: https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/fe ... h-warrant/
On Wednesday, conservative legal nonprofit group Judicial Watch filed a motion to unseal the Trump search warrant with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.

“Here, Judicial Watch is investigating the potential politicization of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Department of Justice and whether the FBI and the Justice Department are abusing their law enforcement powers to harass a likely future political opponent of President Biden,” the four-page motion says. “If the Court were to unseal the materials, Judicial Watch would obtain the materials, analyze them, and make them available to the public. Unsealing the records therefore would further Judicial Watch’s mission of educating the public.”
Garland: "I personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant"
TodayAttorney General Merrick Garland said that he "personally approved" the decision to seek a warrant for the FBI to search former President Trump's Florida home at Mar-a-Lago. "The department does ...
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... 56a3b13166
Image X 4
Image X 32
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Garland dumped responsibility for the release on Trump. Put up or shut up.

3DC80612-618D-4243-9548-E6D192B0B597.jpeg
3DC80612-618D-4243-9548-E6D192B0B597.jpeg (132.54 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:shock:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bob

Post by bob »

Because Dark Brandon hates Christians.

Or: because the SBC too also protected its sex abusers and silenced their victims.
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I did not have that on my Friday Smackdown bingo card.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Sweet Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick, the Attorney General ate a WHOLE DAMN TRUCKLOAD of Wheaties this week!
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:51 pm Sweet Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick, the Attorney General ate a WHOLE DAMN TRUCKLOAD of Wheaties this week!
Wondering where all those saying Garland has been asleep at the wheel went this week.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:16 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:51 pm Sweet Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick, the Attorney General ate a WHOLE DAMN TRUCKLOAD of Wheaties this week!
Wondering where all those saying Garland has been asleep at the wheel went this week.
You and me both.

I got real tired of the people bitching about how slow he was moving, or how ineffective he was, or how secretive he was being about investigations.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

It looks like he is making use of that stash of unused republican spines.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:22 pm :snippity:
It looks like he is making use of that stash of unused republican spines.
I'm not too sure there.....those things are lllooooonnnnggg past their "Best Before" date...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Steve King still a piece of shit
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:22 pm Steve King still a piece of shit
So his defense against anti-Semitism is that he doesn't actually give a shit enough about his political enemies to know actual basic facts about them and prefers to just keep the fake crap in his head.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I'ma stealing that! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Scoop: Former Trump White House lawyer Eric Herschmann has received a grand jury subpoena as part of the Jan. 6 probe. Story to come
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao: Indeed, he did!
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

JUST IN: A federal court has canceled next week's hearing over John Eastman's attempt to reclaim his seized cell phone.

DOJ has obtained a second search warrant in the matter, undercutting Eastman's position, the judge noted. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 6.21.0.pdf
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Pat Cipollone arriving with his attorney Mike Purpura at DC District court this AM for grand jury appearance. Didn’t answer q’s from reporters. H/t to the great
@lauraromero1207
for the video.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:blissy: :fiesta: :bunny: Wonder if he will answer questions like "did you explain the PRA" to the TFG, or "did you advise the former POTUS to return all classified documents and Presidential records to NARA" and stuff like that.

If all this was explained to him he has very little wiggle room as to why these documents were in his private quarters and packed along with his personal belongings.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
June bug

Post by June bug »

Isn’t Cipolone’s testimony today to the J6 grand jury? Not the grand jury looking into the documents issue?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

June bug wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:09 am Isn’t Cippilone’s testimony today to the J6 grand jury? Not the grand jury looking into the documents issue?
That's how I understood it. I forgot where I saw it, but another video of him entering with lawyer said there was a J6 prosecutor there. If I find it, I'll post it.
Edit: Found it. https:// twitter.com/RobLegare/status/1565696384719884289
Now: Former Trump White House Counsel Pat Cipollone has arrived at DC federal court for what is expected to be Jan 6 grand jury testimony. Also spotted this morning - one of DOJs Jan 6 prosecutors.
June bug

Post by June bug »

Thanks for the confirmation, Kendra! :biggrin:

Return to “Biden Administration”