Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

covfefe/spiduh/?

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: covfefe/spiduh/?

Post by AndyinPA »

Gorgeous!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Most excellent. 8-)
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Nice.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Why is there water? Where’s the sand and dead grass? Ocotillo?

Dude, this isn’t Arizona! Did you move to FL and don’twant to tell us?!? :mrgreen:
/snark

Very nice, indeed.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll be right over for cheese and crackers!

:towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Thanks, and cheese and crackers are on the menu, only the cheesiest! We like it, the wife has always lived near water, although not this close. Funny that this move to the desert brought us right to the edge. It's kinda a goofy man made lake the meanders around, but I'm excited to get a little pontoon or paddleboat and cruise around.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:00 am
Top ten album.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:40 pm Thanks, and cheese and crackers are on the menu, only the cheesiest! We like it, the wife has always lived near water, although not this close. Funny that this move to the desert brought us right to the edge. It's kinda a goofy man made lake the meanders around, but I'm excited to get a little pontoon or paddleboat and cruise around.
Please report the first alligator sighting! ;)
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:35 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:40 pm Thanks, and cheese and crackers are on the menu, only the cheesiest! We like it, the wife has always lived near water, although not this close. Funny that this move to the desert brought us right to the edge. It's kinda a goofy man made lake the meanders around, but I'm excited to get a little pontoon or paddleboat and cruise around.
Please report the first alligator sighting! ;)
:lol: Tell you what, I’ll report the first coyote or rattlesnake siting. Both are apparently abundant in the conservation area down the street.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Really nice. Even nicer than Zuckerman’s Farm! (Couldn’t resist.) :batting:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

That’s lovely!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You're safe from bull sharks unlike tek. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

... yeah, and you're safe from godonlyknowswhat horrors in Oz, unlike Dave from down under (and is Keith in Oz too?).

Drop bears. We don't have no drop bears in the Old North State. Start the list with horrible, imaginary drop bears.

Have you seen the size of the spiduhs there? Have you seen all the murderous poison snakes? :eek:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

We got a random turtle, he was pretty friendly though.
A3B1CA38-A9B2-4EF6-BB40-69DEFBC0F2EB.jpeg
A3B1CA38-A9B2-4EF6-BB40-69DEFBC0F2EB.jpeg (407.14 KiB) Viewed 7680 times
Nice sunset tonight.
9DF107B4-00D3-4B1F-828D-305C50B8FB20.png
9DF107B4-00D3-4B1F-828D-305C50B8FB20.png (499.63 KiB) Viewed 7680 times
Lani

Post by Lani »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:15 am We got a random turtle, he was pretty friendly though.
:snippity:
Have you named him/her yet? Will it be an inside or outside turtle? Looks like a female box turtle.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Lani wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:27 am
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:15 am We got a random turtle, he was pretty friendly though.
:snippity:
Have you named him/her yet? Will it be an inside or outside turtle? Looks like a female box turtle.
:o Isn't it cruel to keep a turtle inside a box? :o
raison de arizona

We found him on the steps leading to the lake, not sure if he was coming up or going down but he was stuck on his back. Went on the neighborhood board and everyone said he was an aquatic turtle that belonged in the lake, so we flipped him over and let him go on his way!
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:23 am We found him on the steps leading to the lake, not sure if he was coming up or going down but he was stuck on his back. Went on the neighborhood board and everyone said he was an aquatic turtle that belonged in the lake, so we flipped him over and let him go on his way!
:clap:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer

Turtle Savior!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

There was a coyote in the neighborhood the other week that swam across the lake and climbed up into somebunny's yard, watch your cats! We continue to have great sunsets as the temperature "falls." Here's a nice one from our "sunset balcony."
IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG (77.21 KiB) Viewed 7202 times
And the Great Pumpkin pontoon boat visited us on Halloween, very cool.
IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_0992.JPG (88.48 KiB) Viewed 7202 times
We're settling in finally I think. We still only have the one car, well, technically no cars since that one belongs to the father-in-law. We're quickly figuring out that a car based city like Phoenix is going to require us to have two cars. Or a Lyft budget, which gets high since everything tends to be so far apart.

I've found a couple decent doctors, still have a couple slots to fill though. It's such a hassle trying to rebuild that structure in a new place with new health insurance. Thankfully one of the filled positions is my psychiatrist, so that medication is back on track, more or less. Unlike my autoimmune meds, which we are In A Fight over, my mental medication and migraine stuff, even though some of it is pricey, went through without a blip. The autoimmune stuff is more pricey though. They want me to try Something Else (which is also just as expensive, maybe they have a deal with Big Pharma for that drug?) I'm resistant to changing because why change something that is working? When it doesn't work, it is teh suck. I don't like teh suck. So we fight on. Either way I've missed enough doses at this point that I have arthritis creeping back in. Which is the aforementioned, teh suck.

I guess I can't really complain though. It could be so much worse, we are blessed. :thumbup:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Keep those fantastic fotos coming!
raison de arizona

Wow, the Rittenhouse verdict hit me a lot harder than I thought it would. I was aware it was probably coming, but… Anyway, I’m struggling with all things political this weekend and instead taking a break watching through Star Wars movies. Another nice sunset though! That’s always nice.
FBD3AC0C-ACCF-49E8-89C8-E260EBC34457.jpeg
FBD3AC0C-ACCF-49E8-89C8-E260EBC34457.jpeg (399.2 KiB) Viewed 7068 times
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

That’s a beautiful sight, raison, enough to sooth the soul. I hope it soothes yours.

I’m making pies and stuff for Thursday to keep my mind looking forward. Also, too I broke down and got the Tiktok app, I have a new sudoku book, and when all else fails, I go to TwoDots and play, trying to catch up to maybenaut.(NGH) One of these days Maybenaut and I are going to have a tournament. :lol:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:yeahthat: gorgeous photo, raison! I am also doing enjoyable things around the house and not dwelling on the Rittenhouse verdict. I half expected it. My watching of the trial had me believing the prosecutor had met their burden, in spite of some of the hand tying by the judge. And their closing argument was strong. But I also believe that anyone prone to deciding a guilty verdict was likely dismissed from the jury because they tend to be honest about that. I knew a Wisconsin jury would at least have a tendency to see this through the same political spectrum as the right, and probably has been watching Tucker Carlson and other rwnj media and saw an opportunity to help acquit the poor victim who carried an AR all night long.

It isn't the first jury nullification we've seen and likely won't be the last. I'm predicting we will see even more of this kind of jury verdict in the future, not less. We now have a society of people that can't agree on facts when they are right in front of their own eyes, why should it be any different if those facts are presented in a courtroom or out in open society?
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “Introduce Yourself”