Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

COPS behaving badly

Suranis

COPS behaving badly

Post by Suranis »

From twitter so usual caution about truth etc.

https://twitter.com/KeneAkers/status/16 ... 0550583296
Kenny Akers (@KeneAkers)

::UPDATE:: Tyre Nichols worked at FEDEX; allegedly having sexual affairs with officer Demetrius Halys's ex, and his baby's mother who also works at the same FEDEX. Get this; officer Haly was seen several times taking photos of Tyre after he was brutalized and sent them to her!
Photos at the link but they are just mug shots and an arrow pointing to something, I didn't see the point in the bandwidth
Hic sunt dracones
Lani

COPS behaving badly

Post by Lani »

Three Memphis Fire Department employees were fired Monday for what the department described as failing to provide Tyre Nichols an "adequate patient assessment" when they were called to provide medical aid after he was beaten by police officers.

The two emergency medical technicians, Robert Long and JaMicheal Sandridge, and fire engine driver Lt. Michelle Whitaker were initially called to provide medical aid for Nichols being pepper sprayed.

"Our investigation has concluded that the two EMT's responded based on the initial nature of the call (person pepper sprayed) and information they were told on the scene and failed to conduct an adequate patient assessment of Mr. Nichols," a statement from MFD read. "After their initial interaction with Mr. Nichols, they requested an ambulance to respond."
https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/ ... 855376007/
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RVInit

COPS behaving badly

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

COPS behaving badly

Post by keith »

Suranis wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:55 pm From twitter so usual caution about truth etc.

Kenny Akers (@KeneAkers)

::UPDATE:: Tyre Nichols worked at FEDEX; allegedly having sexual affairs with officer Demetrius Halys's ex, and his baby's mother who also works at the same FEDEX. Get this; officer Haly was seen several times taking photos of Tyre after he was brutalized and sent them to her!
Photos at the link but they are just mug shots and an arrow pointing to something, I didn't see the point in the bandwidth
If true, that identifies a motive. Do they have capital punishment for premeditated murder in Tennessee?

ETA: I confused by the wording and comma placement. Is "Haley's ex" and "Tyre's baby's mother" the same woman or different women?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

COPS behaving badly

Post by Slarti the White »

keith wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:35 pm
Suranis wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:55 pm From twitter so usual caution about truth etc.

Kenny Akers (@KeneAkers)

If true, that identifies a motive. Do they have capital punishment for premeditated murder in Tennessee?

ETA: I confused by the wording and comma placement. Is "Haley's ex" and "Tyre's baby's mother" the same woman or different women?
The way I parse it, there is one woman that is Haley's ex and the mother of HIS (Haley's) baby who works for FEDEX and was apparently having an affair with Tyre Nichols.
Lani

COPS behaving badly

Post by Lani »

I haven't found anything to support that rumor.

However, I did find https://news.yahoo.com/support-family-t ... 14718.html He was a loving and kind young man.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

Ben Crump says the only known white Memphis police officer relieved of duty in Tyre Nichols' death pulled him from car and hit him with a Taser — yet had his identity protected

Natalie Musumeci
Mon, January 30, 2023 at 11:06 PM GMT+1
  • Attorneys for Tyre Nichols' family suggested a white cop involved in the victim's arrest got special treatment.
    Officer Preston Hemphill was placed on paid leave in connection to the fatal beating of Nichols.
    "Why is his identity and the role he played in Tyre's death just now coming to light?" the lawyers asked.
Attorneys for the family of Tyre Nichols — the Black man who died after being beaten by police officers in Memphis, Tennessee, earlier this month — suggested on Monday that the only known white officer involved in the victim's arrest was getting special treatment.

The Memphis Police Department confirmed that officer Preston Hemphill, who is white, was "relieved of duty" and put on paid administrative leave "pending the outcome of the investigation."

The announcement came days after five fired Memphis police officers — all of whom are Black — were charged with murder in the 29-year-old Nichols' death.

An attorney for Hemphill told Insider on Monday that his client "was the third officer at the initial stop" of Nichols on January 7 and that "he was never present at the second scene."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ben-crump-sa ... 35830.html
(original: Business Insider)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

COPS behaving badly

Post by raison de arizona »

Every single cop there should be charged under felony murder. Every single one is responsible for not stopping it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

COPS behaving badly

Post by p0rtia »

And this is one reason why people in power fear and vilify CRT.
RVInit

COPS behaving badly

Post by RVInit »

I haven't been posting a lot lately, but I have seen where people are complaining that tweets load slowly. So, I have been simply not posting tweets or just copy the text in the tweet and post that. This one is super interesting - it contains a video of a man who what a former Memphis police officer (he says) and he also says he personally worked with two of the original five officers that were fired and are now charged. What he has to say is interesting, if not necessarily different from what most of us already know. I'm not sure if putting it in a hidden tag allows the page to load faster, but since this is video I can't post what he says without typing it all out, which would be a real drag.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

COPS behaving badly

Post by Volkonski »

AP

Vice President Kamala Harris plans to attend the funeral of Tyre Nichols, who died three days after he was beaten by Memphis police officers just minutes from his home, the White House said Tuesday.

https://apnews.com/article/crime-tyre-n ... e2bfeb4389
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

COPS behaving badly

Post by AndyinPA »

That video was sad.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

COPS behaving badly

Post by Kriselda Gray »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:32 pm That video was sad.
Yeah, but what he says makes sense - and should just be common sense, really
AndyinPA
Verified:

COPS behaving badly

Post by AndyinPA »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:08 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:32 pm That video was sad.
Yeah, but what he says makes sense - and should just be common sense, really

:thumbsup:

Turns out common sense isn't very common.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

COPS behaving badly

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:09 pm :snippity:

:thumbsup:

Turns out common sense isn't very common.
Zibit A: QOP voters...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

COPS behaving badly

Post by Suranis »

Slarti the White wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:25 am
keith wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:35 pm

The way I parse it, there is one woman that is Haley's ex and the mother of HIS (Haley's) baby who works for FEDEX and was apparently having an affair with Tyre Nichols.
Snopes has pored cold water on it. Rated it unproven, but quoted several people saying its not true https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/01/31/ ... -wife-cop/
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

A NYT investigation on an older case.

I don't have the article link just now.

RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

What's wrong with cops? :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
California police kill double amputee who was fleeing: ‘Scared for his life’

Sam Levin in Los Angeles
Wed 1 Feb 2023 06.00 GMT

A southern California police department is facing national backlash after footage revealed that officers fatally shot a double amputee and wheelchair user who appeared to be hobbling away on the ground before he was killed.

Anthony Lowe, 36, was killed by officers in Huntington Park, a city in southern Los Angeles county, last Thursday. Cellphone footage captured part of the incident, showing Lowe on a sidewalk next to his wheelchair appearing to try to flee as two officers approach him with weapons drawn. More police cars arrived as the officers followed Lowe, who seemed to be limping away, but the video did not capture the shooting.

Now, Lowe’s family is calling for officers to be terminated and face murder charges.

“I’m heartbroken, and filled with anger and rage,” Tatiana Jackson, his younger sister, told the Guardian on Tuesday. “I just can’t understand why they would do that to someone in a wheelchair. I want somebody to explain to me what was the reason that you had to gun down a guy who has no legs.”

Lowe was a father of two and one of eight siblings in a tight-knit family, and he’d been struggling recently after he had to have both legs amputated, his family said.

The circumstances preceding the killing are unclear, and officials have faced scrutiny as their narrative has appeared to shift. The Huntington Park police department said in a statement that officers were responding to reports of a stabbing allegedly committed by someone in a wheelchair at around 3.40pm on Thursday, and that they encountered Lowe, who was in a wheelchair and who they believed was the suspect.

The department claimed that officers attempted to detain him, alleging he ignored commands and “threatened to advance or throw the knife at the officers”, although the limited witness footage did not capture this. The department further said that officers “deployed two separate Tasers in an attempt to subdue the suspect”, but when “the Tasers were ineffective”, they shot him. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ngton-park
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

COPS behaving badly

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:43 am What's wrong with cops? :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
The 10 professions with the most psychopaths
https://www.businessinsider.com/profess ... 5#1-ceo-10

10. Civil servant
9. Chef
8. Clergy person
7. Police officer
6. Journalist
5. Surgeon
4. Salesperson
3. Media person in TV or radio
2. Lawyer
1. CEO

Now, pointing to that not ALL persons who go into these careers have psychopathic psychology, but it is a lean. And of course they are not all homicidal maniacs.

One note. Surgeon. On the list of careers with the lowest psychopaths is "Doctor", which would first seem at odds with a surgeon. Totally different tasks. Doctors have to deal one-on-one with their patients. Empathy. A person would be a shitty PCP without empathy.
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

Phoenix520
Verified:

COPS behaving badly

Post by Phoenix520 »

More journalists are psychopaths than cops? :confuzzled: That’s counterintuitive to me.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

COPS behaving badly

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:44 am More journalists are psychopaths than cops? :confuzzled: That’s counterintuitive to me.
:shrug: My degree and certifications are in I.T. Just passing along the info here.

More lawyers are psychopaths than journalists*.

*neon looks around the Fogbow room :?
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

They must have only had (-T) respondents out of FL in their survey ;)
pipistrelle

COPS behaving badly

Post by pipistrelle »

A corrupt Chicago cop destroyed hundreds of lives
Nile was among nearly 200 people who have been cleared of charges tied to former Sgt. Ronald Watts and his Chicago Police Department team. It's the largest series of exonerations in the city’s history, said Joshua Tepfer, a lawyer with the University of Chicago Law School’s Exoneration Project, which has represented most of the victims.

For almost a decade, Watts and his team preyed on innocent people at the Ida B. Wells Homes public housing project, where they extorted money and planted drugs and guns, knowing their victims – largely Black and low-income residents – wouldn't be believed, said Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx.
Danraft

COPS behaving badly

Post by Danraft »

I think being a surgeon is on the list because the actual act of cutting into someone is kind of a psychopathic action that people with strong empathy or “imagining what that would feel like” for the body they are cutting into … just can’t do it.
neonzx wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:09 am
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:43 am What's wrong with cops? :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
The 10 professions with the most psychopaths
https://www.businessinsider.com/profess ... 5#1-ceo-10

10. Civil servant
9. Chef
8. Clergy person
7. Police officer
6. Journalist
5. Surgeon
4. Salesperson
3. Media person in TV or radio
2. Lawyer
1. CEO

Now, pointing to that not ALL persons who go into these careers have psychopathic psychology, but it is a lean. And of course they are not all homicidal maniacs.

One note. Surgeon. On the list of careers with the lowest psychopaths is "Doctor", which would first seem at odds with a surgeon. Totally different tasks. Doctors have to deal one-on-one with their patients. Empathy. A person would be a shitty PCP without empathy.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”