Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

COPS behaving badly

pipistrelle

COPS behaving badly

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:25 pm I would posit that there is no amount of training that will fix a cop that gets off hassling a blind geriatric man who is minding his own business walking home from jury duty.
I don't think he's blind. He's visually impaired. He's shown with hunting gear it looks like (although maybe he has help with that), but at one point I thought they said they took his driver's license, which is what made me think he's not blind. As for his folding cane, I see those all the time. A cop should know what it is.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

no further info, TYT seems to have video of this incident before other media

RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

another TYT reporting

RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:51 am no further info, TYT seems to have video of this incident before other media

https://youtu.be/TM0tQth75Qc
followup
EXCLUSIVE Update: More Whistleblowers, Video Of Abuse From Camden County Jail

Indisputable with Dr. Rashad Richey
16 Nov 2022

Camden County Sheriff Jim Proctor claims he is launching an investigation after various whistleblowers alleging abuse and surveillance videos showing five jail officials brutalizing Jarrett Hobbs in and out of a jail cell at the Camden County Jail in the City of New Brunswick, Georgia continue to go viral. Hobbs was arrested for driving under a suspended license and possession of a controlled substance. The 41-year-old was held in isolation about 15 days after the unprovoked attack. He did not receive medical attention and was charged with 9 counts of assault, battery and obstruction. Insiders are claiming employee misconduct is common in the jail. Dr. Rashad Richey and Sharon Reed discuss on Indisputable. Tell us what you think in the comments below.

See previous Indisputable coverage here:
https://youtu.be/pinlowJnTzU
https://youtu.be/UGOKITh-JTI
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

from the YTY gallery of rogue cops

RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

'It's going to take years': After cop charged in sex crimes, hundreds of other cases under scrutiny

Amanda Lee Myers, USA TODAY
Wed, November 23, 2022 at 2:46 PM·

For former Detective Roger Golubski, drug dens were his personal piggy bank, sex workers his harem, and pinning crimes on innocent people a way to exert his power over the poorest Black neighborhoods in Kansas City, Kansas, according to federal prosecutors and accusations detailed in hundreds of pages of lengthy court records.

Golubski was arrested in September on six federal civil rights charges of sexually assaulting two victims while acting under color of law.

For decades as a police detective, prosecutors say Golubski preyed on poor Black women and girls in the community, raping them and then threatening to kill or arrest their family members if they told anyone, always leaving them with the warning, “Keep your mouth shut or else,” the women said.

A second indictment unsealed last week also accuses him of protecting violent drug dealers who were sex trafficking young women and girls, and of using the victims for himself.

"Golubski primarily chose young Black girls, ranging in age from 13 to 17 years old, to submit to sex and to provide sexual services to him," according to the indictment.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/going-years- ... 08448.html
(original USA Today)
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:58 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:51 am no further info, TYT seems to have video of this incident before other media

followup
EXCLUSIVE Update: More Whistleblowers, Video Of Abuse From Camden County Jail

Indisputable with Dr. Rashad Richey
16 Nov 2022
:snippity:
https://youtu.be/OVkVpY5vhoU
From a news snippet I take it that 5 officers have been charged / taken into custody cause of this incident. No link.
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

COPS behaving badly

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:39 pm
That would have resulted in this lawsuit, I do believe:
https://dockets.justia.com/docket/texas ... 254/209987
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

Tampa’s police chief resigns after flashing badge during golf cart stop
Former Chief Mary O’Connor is seen on body camera video flashing her badge to a deputy and asking to be let go.

Dec. 5, 2022, 4:18 PM CET
By Mirna Alsharif

The police chief of Tampa, Florida who flashed her badge to get out of a stop for traveling in a golf cart without a license plate has resigned, according to a statement published on Monday.

Tampa Mayor Jane Castor requested former police chief Mary O’Connor's resignation after an investigation into the Nov. 12 incident in Oldsmar, northwest of Tampa, which was captured on a Pinellas County sheriff’s deputy’s body camera.

O’Connor, who was appointed police chief in February, was a passenger in a golf cart driven by her husband that night, police said in a statement.

The body camera video shows O’Connor ask the deputy whether his body camera is on, and when he responds that it is, she says, “I’m the police chief in Tampa.”

The deputy asks how she’s doing.

“I’m doing good. I’m hoping that you’ll just let us go tonight,” O’Connor says as she opens her badge case and hands it to her husband, the video shows. The deputy then let them go.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ta ... -rcna60105

from some rumours / comments on the web she may have a "history" of bending rules.
humblescribe
Verified:

COPS behaving badly

Post by humblescribe »

Off Topic
When I was about 20, I briefly dated the daughter of a police chief. He was nice enough to me. I really liked his daughter too. Anyway, they invited me along to their condo in a popular resort area for a long weekend. On the way home, he was driving about 75 in a 55. Got pulled over by CHP. He flashed his chief's badge to the officer. The officer asked us to wait a few moments while he returned to his patrol vehicle.

Upon the officer's return, he apologized (really? Isn't he just doing his job?) for the stop. He also told us he radioed ahead to tell other patrol officers the make, model, and color of his car so they would leave us alone. He also told us the general vicinity in which they were patrolling.

That really ticked me off. I realized then and there that a police badge is more than just evidence of your employment. It is essentially a get-out-of-jail free card. His daughter thought it was so cool that her dad could drive without observing traffic laws. That did not go over too well with me.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

COPS behaving badly

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/aaron-dean ... jefferson/
Trial starts for Aaron Dean, former Fort Worth police officer who fatally shot Atatiana Jefferson in her home

A White former police officer is set to go on trial Monday for fatally shooting a Black woman through a rear window of her Texas home while responding to a call about an open front door in a case that has faced years of delays.

Fort Worth Officer Aaron Dean quit and was charged with murder two days after killing 28-year-old Atatiana Jefferson in October 2019. Jefferson had been playing video games with her then-8-year-old nephew, who later told authorities his aunt pulled out a gun after hearing suspicious noises behind the house. Body-camera footage showed Dean didn't identify himself as police.

At the time, the case was unusual for the relative speed with which, amid public outrage, the Fort Worth Police Department released the body-camera video and arrested Dean. Since then, his case has been repeatedly postponed amid lawyerly wrangling, the terminal illness of his lead attorney and the COVID-19 pandemic.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

Johnson County Sheriff's arrest part of FBI probe
Sheriff Jimmy Stephens faces illegal drug possession charges

ROBERT MEDLEY Fort Smith Times Record
8 hours ago

VAN BUREN - The arrest in Crawford County Saturday of Johnson County Sheriff Jimmy Stephens during a traffic stop was part of an ongoing FBI investigation, a spokesman confirmed Monday.

Criminal felony charges of possession of a controlled substance are expected to be filed in Crawford County against Johnson County Sheriff Jimmy Stephens who was arrested by Arkansas State Police troopers on U.S. 71 Saturday.

Stephens was released on $25,000 bail after being booked at the Crawford County Detention Center on complaints of illegal drug possession while having a firearm, an Arkansas State Police spokesman said.

Stephens' traffic stop and arrest was part of a federal investigation, said Connor Hagan, FBI spokesman in Little Rock.

"It was part of an ongoing federal investigation. But because of that I cannot release any more details," Hagan said Monday.

https://eu.swtimes.com/story/news/crime ... 701923007/
John Thomas8

COPS behaving badly

Post by John Thomas8 »

RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

Followup on a police beating earlier this summer, now the guys personal issues:
Man beaten in Crawford County last August now faces felony charges

Robert Medley, Fort Smith Times Record
Tue, December 6, 2022 at 8:48 PM

Randal Worcester, whose rough arrest in Mulberry on Aug. 21 was caught on a bystander's video and resulted in the firing of two sheriff's deputies and suspension of a police officer, has now been charged in Crawford County with making a threat against a store clerk.

Worcester, 27, was charged Tuesday in connection with making threats against an Alma convenience store clerk before law officers caught up with him later in Mulberry, Sunday, Aug. 21.

Worcester was accused of threatening to cut the clerk with a knife.

On Tuesday, Crawford County prosecutors filed a felony charge of making a terroristic threat against Worcester.

Also filed against Worcester was a second-degree battery felony charge, and misdemeanor charges of resisting arrest, possession of an instrument of crime, obstructing government operations and disorderly conduct. The case was assigned to Judge Candice Settle.

Crawford County Sheriff's deputies Zack King and Levi White have been fired by Sheriff Jimmy Damante. Neither King nor White have been charged in Crawford County. Mulberry police officer Thell Riddle was placed on leave.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-beaten-c ... 00893.html
(original Ft. Smith Southwest Times Record)
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

COPS behaving badly

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/fbi-tr ... -rcna60364
FBI training academy plagued by sexist culture, watchdog report says
The review was launched after several women filed a class-action lawsuit in 2019 alleging gender discrimination and sexual harassment at the FBI Academy in Virginia.

The report released Tuesday found that the FBI’s Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Affairs had notified FBI training leadership in October 2018 of an increasing number of complaint cases and inquiries dating back to 2015.

In 2018 there was a 340% increase in informal filings to the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Affairs over the prior year. Most of those complaints involved allegations of dismissals from the training program on the basis of sex, and identified the Tactical Training Unit as a particular source of intimidation.

The report makes seven recommendations to the FBI to improve gender equality in the training program, including additional reviews of data, collection of feedback and internal controls for tactical training to reduce the potential for bias.

The FBI has agreed to all the recommendations, the agency said in the report. “The FBI has made gender equality a priority and has seen multiple improvements since this review was initiated," Timothy Dunham, assistant director for the FBI’s training division, said in a letter that was included in the report.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

COPS behaving badly

Post by sugar magnolia »

That's been going on since at least the 80s that I'm personally aware of. Every decade or so, they decide to "crack down" on it, but it never seems to stick. I hear it's even worse in the field offices.
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

may not be "bad" per se, but why point a gun at kids playing with a ball? :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

COPS behaving badly

Post by raison de arizona »

That qualifies as bad. Those poor kids.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

video of an incident in 2020, posted recently

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”