Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

COPS behaving badly

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: COPS behaving badly

Post by neonzx »

Um, she says she can go "90 miles per hour" -- I thought when they break traffic laws like that, COPs have to run with their lights on. (not that I don't see local cops here disregard such rules and do whatever the hell they want -- late for a meetup at the doughnut shop?)
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Shorter version

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Hopefully, he'll be an ex-WV state trooper shortly.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Greatgrey wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:26 pm https:// twitter.com/johnbryanesq/status/1545554570490830849

Shorter version

Background as taken from the web:

The home owner was driving home in the evening and had to make an emergency brake cause a traffic cone was lieing on the dark road. The traffic cone belonged to a church. The driver was angry and knocked on the church door to question them. As a service was in procress nobody answered at the door. It seems the driver got irate, the church goers shit their colldctive pants and called police. The driver left and went home, seems near neighbourhood. Then this bully police officer obviously appears on the scene.

The discussion at my source thinks the officer *may* have had a justification to enter the home without warrant. There exists an exception that when a police officer is in hot pursuit of a suspect he may enter a home.

My opinion: it seems that at the church they knew the guy and where he lives. He was already at home when police showed up. He was not a fleeing suspect. IMHO IANAL opinion a warrant ought to have been asked for if an interview on the doorsteps was impossible. The police officer is a bully.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Wow! That attitude is why there’s not so much respect for the cops anymore. It should be a two-way street.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

There exists an exception that when a police officer is in hot pursuit of a suspect he may enter a home.
Yeah I dunno but “hot pursuit” of someone into their own home for the suspected infraction of knocking on a church door to complain about a traffic cone seems iffy at best. Dunno though.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Why are you people picking on this DECORATED public servant?
The Troopers Association would like to congratulate Troop 4 Trooper of the Year, Senior Trooper Rick Wiseman from the Clay Detachment
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:41 am
There exists an exception that when a police officer is in hot pursuit of a suspect he may enter a home.
Yeah I dunno but “hot pursuit” of someone into their own home for the suspected infraction of knocking on a church door to complain about a traffic cone seems iffy at best. Dunno though.
If the suspect had already left the premises and arrived at his home, and his identity was known to police who then showed up, my IANACop/IANAL self would if on a jury have a really hard time calling this ANY kind of pursuit, let alone hot. It slides headlong into follow-up investigation and, yeah, warrant territory, based on the description I read above.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:50 am Why are you people picking on this DECORATED public servant?
The Troopers Association would like to congratulate Troop 4 Trooper of the Year, Senior Trooper Rick Wiseman from the Clay Detachment
Steroid saturated asshole with a badge and gun. He should be totally banned from law enforcement forever. I know the kind. The only ticket I ever got in my life was from a cop like this creep. I went to court and won all by myself. And they wonder why so many people have little respect for some of them. That good cops don't often stop or report this kind of aggressive and abusive behavior makes them complicit.

Cops like this will never be rehabilitated through retraining. Never. My cop from my case went on to shoot a mentally ill, unarmed Haitian guy in the back from 30 feet away. Killed him. He married an assistant state attorney and is now a detective.
bob

Post by bob »

I get that, from the officer's perspective, he doesn't know who this person is, or whether it is the person's house. (And there wasn't time to check the address on the vehicle's registration.)

But the officer says he could come back "with a warrant for disturbing the church service." I highly doubt that's a specific offense; I assume the officer meant a more general "disturbing the peace" charge.

Yet, in this contemporary era, everyone knows that's just code for state-sanctioned police harassment. Good luck getting a prosecutor to charge someone for aggravated door knocking.

Towards the end, the officer knocks the phone away because the person recording raised his voice. If it hadn't been recorded, the officer might have gotten away with a police reporting detailing the suspect's "aggressive gestures" or "assuming a fighting stance." But the officer still might get away with that.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

They removed him from coaching Little League, but he's still a Sergeant. I'm sure he behaves better with adults.
Little League baseball coach removed after rough encounter with opposing players after loss
Kenneth Wendt's poor sportsmanship was caught on camera after his 9-and-under Scorpions Baseball team lost to Prospects Baseball on Saturday.

A sergeant with the Harris County Precinct 5 Constable's Office was removed as a Little League baseball coach due to his actions after a game in west Houston last weekend.

Kenneth Wendt's poor sportsmanship was caught on camera after his 9-and-under Scorpions Baseball team lost to Prospects Baseball on Saturday.

The game was over, but the drama was just getting started. The two teams lined up to high-five, but Wendt, who is seen in the video wearing khaki shorts, took it too far. He's seen bumping into the first kids in the line.

Parents are angry, saying he was too aggressive.
:snippity:
Scorpions Baseball sent KHOU 11 News this statement:
"His actions were unacceptable and do not align with our organization’s values. We removed him from coaching and from our club about 8:30 a.m. Sunday."

"How is that even possible," Torres said. "You hold them to a higher standard. And then you come out here and do that to kids, to 9-year-old kids."
"Just like I tell my kids" 'We don't lose, we learn,'" Torres said. "You don't do that to 9-year-olds. You don't put your hands on 9-year-olds. Especially not someone else's child."
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local ... 38bf4999a6
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Huh. These kids seem like little pricks, but that doesn't mean that you get to whack them with your SUV and then take off. In other news, AZ passed a law making it illegal to record cops closer than eight feet away. They wanted 20-30 feet. FWIW. Anyway.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

So many beautiful cats in the world...
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Rochester PD…

And up for auction is the mug shot from when they arrested David Bowie.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Consequences matter....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-20/ ... /101253036

Former senior NSW police officer sentenced to prison for giving false evidence, granted bail

A former senior NSW police officer is on bail pending appeal after being sentenced to jail for giving false information to the force's watchdog.

Key points:
Former senior officer Michael Rowan has been sentenced to at least six months in jail
He was found to have provided false or misleading evidence to the force's watchdog that was investigating him
The 59-year-old was granted bail with an intention to appeal the sentence
Earlier this year, Michael Rowan pleaded guilty to two counts of knowingly giving false or misleading evidence at an examination.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Jackson postal worker dies after suspect in Pearl police chase strikes his vehicle
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - The man who allegedly crashed into a mail truck in a South Jackson neighborhood, killing its driver, fled into the Capital City after being chased for speeding, according to the Pearl Police Department.

Thursday, Pearl authorities say they attempted to pull over Brandon Andrews, 20, for speeding on Interstate 20.

However, Andrews allegedly failed to pull over, and police chased the suspect into Jackson.

The chase ended after Andrews crashed his Toyota Camry into a mail truck at Barbara Ann and Maria Drives. The postal worker was fatally injured when he tried to escape the vehicle as it tipped over, witnesses say.

Pearl Police say the driver, who has yet to be identified, was taken to the University of Mississippi Medical Center for treatment, where he succumbed to his injuries.

Andrews is facing multiple charges and is currently being held at the Rankin County Detention Center.
For SPEEDING on an interstate. There is a reason many depts, including ours, have strict no pursuit policies. This is not the first time a pursuit by an outside agency has caused a fatality, either.
raison de arizona

She seems very...angry. Apparently the city has already paid out a $150k settlement on her involving a racial issue previously. And she trains fresh officers.
Rex Chapman🏇🏼 @RexChapman wrote: This 14-year Cincinnati police officer was caught on a bodycam using the N-word repeatedly.

And much more. This isn’t her first time in trouble…

“She’s been reprimanded multiple times for not turning on her bodycam.”
Moar: https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati ... o/40711054
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Is there ever a *good* story about the LAPD?
#Repeal4118 @PplsCityCouncil wrote: An LAPD helicopter was flying too low and was extremely noisy while LAPD officers were handling a call about a "man with a knife."

One officer yelled "he doesn't have the knife!" but the helicopter was too low and too loud. All he could hear was "knife" and then opened fire.

The LAPD operates one of the largest municipal fleets in the country. The department ow has 18 helicopters, two of which are often in the air at a given moment.

The helicopters are another reminder of unwelcome intrusion and LAPD’s overbearing presence.
raison de arizona

I'm going to rule that corrections is close enough.

What's with this need to control women's bodies? We are are on the road to Gilead.
https://twitter.com/RobinFulfordTX/stat ... 8996548608
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

May not really belong here (corruption perhaps?) but how come that cops from California can operate in Indiana?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Two Denver Police Officers Facing Felony Theft Charges

BY CBSCOLORADO.COM STAFF
AUGUST 1, 2022 / 9:34 AM / CBS COLORADO

Two Denver police officers have been charged with one count each of felony theft after they allegedly billed off-duty hours to a private employer for hours not worked. Officers Michael Pineda, 50, and Santana Pineda, 26, were arrested in Tuesday, July 26, 2022.

According to Denver police, the internal affairs investigation was initiated after it was discovered that the officers were not present at a scheduled, non-department paid off-duty job at the store located at 36th and Quebec Street on April 15.

Investigators spent hours reviewing surveillance video provided by the store and comparing it to the officers' timesheets. They discovered 23 shift discrepancies for Michael Pineda valued at $5,070 and 18 shift discrepancies for Santana Pineda valued at $3,751.50 for work not completed.

The officers began working off-duty for the store in October 2021, however, videos from the store as part of the investigation only went as far back as Feb. 28.

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/t ... t-charges/
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Your Local Jail May Be A House of Horrors

But you probably wouldn’t know it, because sheriffs rule them with little accountability. After one man's death in a notorious lockup, residents of a Missouri town fought back.

By MAURICE CHAMMAH

I. The Parents

As Bill Ames smoked a cigarette in the predawn dark, he heard his dogs barking and looked outside to see two sheriff’s deputies approaching. It was November 2018, and his 36-year-old son Billy was locked up in the St. Francois County Jail. “What’d he do, break out?” Ames asked the men, inviting them in from the cold. The deputies told him Billy had died. They didn’t know any more than that.
patrol.In the meantime, Billy’s father Bill received a call. “Is this the family of the man who died in the St. Francois County Jail?” a woman asked. She’d been in a cell near Billy’s, she said, and believed he’d been strapped into a restraint chair; she’d heard him shouting for hours, begging to be let out. Ames’s autopsy listed meth as the cause of death, and in security footage from his booking, he appeared to conceal something in a pocket. The jailers told the investigator they fastened Ames to the chair after he threatened to attack his cellmate, but they had not been trained to use the device safely. (Experts say these chairs, which have led to more than 50 deaths nationwide since the 1990s, can render it more difficult to tell when someone is having a medical crisis like an overdose, and some prisons have banned their use entirely.) An inmate said she told a jailer, “This guy is dying next to me.”

whole story at https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020 ... of-horrors

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”