COPS behaving badly

W. Kevin Vicklund

Re: COPS behaving badly

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Someone tried to swat Dr. Vicklund's brother and his wife last month. Fortunately, there were enough red flags that the police doubted the veracity, but they still had to check. The asshole claimed that my brother-in-law had sexually assaulted his wife seven times. (Anyone who knows them would tell you not only is BIL incapable of assaulting someone, his wife would put him in the hospital if he tried. He's 6-3 and built like a twig, she's 5-10 and built like a linebacker). Fortunately the cops did everything right in this case, but I shudder to think what could have happened.

And I suspect that the reason this lady in the tweet got swatted was because of her (their?) ethnicity.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Lawsuit: Wrong man detained by West Chester police at Meijer

By Jennifer Edwards Baker
Published: Feb. 4, 2022 at 8:36 PM CET

WEST CHESTER TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WXIX) - Two West Chester police officers and Meijer are named in a lawsuit filed by a Butler County man who alleges he was illegally detained in yet another example of a Black person being confronted by law enforcement while going about everyday life and doing nothing illegal.

In this case, Eric Lindsay of Liberty Township says he went to the Meijer store off Interstate 75 and Tylersviller Road on his way home from work Jan. 29, 2021.

He just happened to arrive at the store after a shoplifting offense, walking in behind the officers who responded to it.

Lindsay is a Black man in his 60s. He wore an orange puffy coat with a tan and brown scarf that night.

The suspect was described to police by representatives of Meijer as a white man in his 30s wearing a green or gray Carhart coat with a red hoodie underneath.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/02/04/wrong- ... r-lawsuit/
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

OK, so easy mistake to make. :roll:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:37 am OK, so easy mistake to make. :roll:
This is a different and more disturbing version of "they all look alike". Now, "they all look like anybody who is described as having done something wrong, even if they don't fit the description AT ALL and were not at the scene of the crime when it was committed."
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
W. Kevin Vicklund

RVInit wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:51 am
This is a different and more disturbing version of "they all look alike". Now, "they all look like anybody who is described as having done something wrong, even if they don't fit the description AT ALL and were not at the scene of the crime when it was committed."
That "Now" shows a disturbing lack of awareness of how long this bullshit has been going on.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:56 pm
That "Now" shows a disturbing lack of awareness of how long this bullshit has been going on.
I don't mean "now" as in today or even necessarily in the last 5,10, 15, 20 or any other number of years. Just that over time it has morphed from "they all look alike" as in, any Black person will substitute for any crime reported to have been committed by any Black person. It has fully morphed into any Black person will substitute for ANY person reported to be the suspect even if that person was reported to have been a white person.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
W. Kevin Vicklund

RVInit wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:24 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:56 pm

I don't mean "now" as in today or even necessarily in the last 5,10, 15, 20 or any other number of years. Just that over time it has morphed from "they all look alike" as in, any Black person will substitute for any crime reported to have been committed by any Black person. It has fully morphed into any Black person will substitute for ANY person reported to be the suspect even if that person was reported to have been a white person.
And I'm saying it's not a morph - it's been that way since colonial times. And you can go back millennia if you allow for the substitution of other "out" groups.
W. Kevin Vicklund

I apologize. I've been dealing with a Men's Rights Activist on Facebook, and I think I came off a bit confrontational here as a result. Also, it looks like I'm coming down with pinkeye, so I may be a bit snippy from that, too.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:37 pm I apologize. I've been dealing with a Men's Rights Activist on Facebook, and I think I came off a bit confrontational here as a result. Also, it looks like I'm coming down with pinkeye, so I may be a bit snippy from that, too.
:bighug: I'm sorry about that pinkeye, it sucks to feel bad. I got snappy with someone at work Friday because my back still hurt so bad from slipping on my stairs and sliding all the way down. I took Thursday off and I should have taken Friday too.
--Colin Kaepernick
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Pinkeye is a real bitch. Hugs and support when you need it.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Suranis wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:43 am Pinkeye is a real bitch pain. Hugs and support when you need it.
FIFY. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:26 am
Suranis wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:43 am Pinkeye is a real bitch pain. Hugs and support when you need it.
FIFY. :biggrin:
We had a Cow once with pinkeye. It got so it completely blanked one of her eyes with red and was starting on the other one. Looked horrible. My Father put in some Penicillin cream. He was able to do it becasue the cow could not see it coming, but I remember how the poor thing jumped when the cream touched it's eyes.

I stand by my characterization.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Secret file reveals ‘cover-up of a cover-up’ in unjustified police shooting, arrest of innocent man
Suffolk police brass pressed internal affairs to delete evidence that would support misconduct charges in arrest of cab driver shot by off-duty Nassau officer during Huntington Station road-rage incident.

The shooting of a Huntington Station cabdriver by an off-duty Nassau County police officer in a fit of alcohol-fueled road rage has been dogged for more than a decade by evidence of cover-ups and the wrongful arrest of an innocent man.

Former Nassau Officer Anthony DiLeonardo opened fire on cabbie Thomas Moroughan after a night of dinner and drinking in 2011. He wounded Moroughan twice, pummeled him with a pistol, breaking his nose, and faced possible arrest on a first-degree assault charge.

Instead, Suffolk County Police Department investigators initially accepted DiLeonardo’s account that he had shot Moroughan in self-defense. They charged Moroughan with assault after detectives took a hospital-bed statement in which Moroughan purportedly exonerated DiLeonardo and incriminated himself. At the time, doctors had administered narcotic medications to dull Moroughan’s pain.

The shooting entangled the internal affairs bureaus of Long Island’s neighboring county forces in separate investigations. After more than three years, the Nassau department dismissed DiLeonardo. Separately, it punished fellow Officer Edward Bienz, who was at the scene of the shooting after drinking with DiLeonardo, with the loss of 20 days’ pay.

Because Suffolk was the site of the shooting, Suffolk police were responsible first for determining whether a crime had been committed and, if so, by whom. After the district attorney’s office dropped all charges against Moroughan, Suffolk internal affairs examined the circumstances surrounding the cabdriver’s arrest.

Newsday’s look into how Long Island’s two county police forces have policed themselves uncovered the outcome of Suffolk’s internal investigation, including how ranking members of the department brought the case to a close under the near total secrecy that was imposed by law on police discipline.

https://projects.newsday.com/long-islan ... -cover-up/
Note: if you get a nag display to subscribe just hit he browser refresh button
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:24 pm
Secret file reveals ‘cover-up of a cover-up’ in unjustified police shooting, arrest of innocent man
Suffolk police brass pressed internal affairs to delete evidence that would support misconduct charges in arrest of cab driver shot by off-duty Nassau officer during Huntington Station road-rage incident.

The shooting of a Huntington Station cabdriver by an off-duty Nassau County police officer in a fit of alcohol-fueled road rage has been dogged for more than a decade by evidence of cover-ups and the wrongful arrest of an innocent man.

Former Nassau Officer Anthony DiLeonardo opened fire on cabbie Thomas Moroughan after a night of dinner and drinking in 2011. He wounded Moroughan twice, pummeled him with a pistol, breaking his nose, and faced possible arrest on a first-degree assault charge.

Instead, Suffolk County Police Department investigators initially accepted DiLeonardo’s account that he had shot Moroughan in self-defense. They charged Moroughan with assault after detectives took a hospital-bed statement in which Moroughan purportedly exonerated DiLeonardo and incriminated himself. At the time, doctors had administered narcotic medications to dull Moroughan’s pain.

The shooting entangled the internal affairs bureaus of Long Island’s neighboring county forces in separate investigations. After more than three years, the Nassau department dismissed DiLeonardo. Separately, it punished fellow Officer Edward Bienz, who was at the scene of the shooting after drinking with DiLeonardo, with the loss of 20 days’ pay.

Because Suffolk was the site of the shooting, Suffolk police were responsible first for determining whether a crime had been committed and, if so, by whom. After the district attorney’s office dropped all charges against Moroughan, Suffolk internal affairs examined the circumstances surrounding the cabdriver’s arrest.

Newsday’s look into how Long Island’s two county police forces have policed themselves uncovered the outcome of Suffolk’s internal investigation, including how ranking members of the department brought the case to a close under the near total secrecy that was imposed by law on police discipline.

https://projects.newsday.com/long-islan ... -cover-up/
Note: if you get a nag display to subscribe just hit he browser refresh button
:shock: These events are freaking disturbing.

Thank you for sharing, RTH10260.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I'm not sure if this is cops behaving badly, but it is definitely something we should not be proud of as a country. NYPD deleted the tweet, fwiw. They listed the perps as including the homeless and elderly. Clearly they included parents as well. Worth pointing out is that none of the items pictured are available with food stamps.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:07 pm
I was just about to post this. I want to see this happen in Portland and other cities, too.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

This topic is getting to me.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:33 am :snippity:
This topic is getting to me.
It got to me awhile back.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I don't live in Noo Yawk City, but I bet I could buy everything in that photo for a hell of a lot less than $1,800. Ladies, am I wrong?
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I'll check with Hubby. He does most of our shopping. The man can find DEALS!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:24 pm I don't live in Noo Yawk City, but I bet I could buy everything in that photo for a hell of a lot less than $1,800. Ladies, am I wrong?
I think that's just a sample of what's been stolen. Anymore products and no one would be able to see the names of products. 12 folks were arrested.

Cases of diapers, boxes of cold medicine, boxes of name brand Tylenol, laundry detergent ...

Those are very expensive items now.

Each box of pampers = $28
Each box of Mucinex =$20
Detergent = $ varies
Tylenol = depends on size; $7 - 20

I think that the items in that pic could definitely add up to $1800.

NYPD News deleted that tweet after people pointed out that almost everything is a hygiene product.

NYPD blasted for bragging post about arrests of people for stealing diapers and medicine: 'This is not public safety'
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

LM K wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:17 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:24 pm I don't live in Noo Yawk City, but I bet I could buy everything in that photo for a hell of a lot less than $1,800. Ladies, am I wrong?
I think that's just a sample of what's been stolen. Anymore products and no one would be able to see the names of products. 12 folks were arrested.

Cases of diapers, boxes of cold medicine, boxes of name brand Tylenol, laundry detergent ...

Those are very expensive items now.

Each box of pampers = $28
Each box of Mucinex =$20
Detergent = $ varies
Tylenol = depends on size; $7 - 20

I think that the items in that pic could definitely add up to $1800.

NYPD News deleted that tweet after people pointed out that almost everything is a hygiene product.

NYPD blasted for bragging post about arrests of people for stealing diapers and medicine: 'This is not public safety'
They are also very common items stolen for re-sale on the street. Many of our more expensive laundry detergents and diapers are now behind little window things that make it hard to steal more than one or two at the time. Almost all the OTC drugs are less accessible too. No more just raking an armload off the shelf and running out.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Dozens of CHP officers charged in overtime fraud scheme
Officers in the East Los Angeles station were charged after a criminal investigation

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS |
PUBLISHED: February 17, 2022 at 4:34 p.m. | UPDATED: February 18, 2022 at 3:59 a.m.

OAKLAND — Dozens of current and former Highway Patrol officers have been charged with racking up more than $226,000 in phony hours in an overtime fraud scheme, California’s attorney general said.

The charges announced Thursday stem from a criminal investigation of officers in the East Los Angeles station.

Between 2016 and mid-2018, 54 officers recorded hours of phony overtime while patrolling high-occupancy traffic lanes or providing protection to state transportation workers in construction zones, prosecutors said.

“The alleged offenses were not discovered earlier because the supervisors who would have been the ones to report these activities were also committing the fraud,” according to a felony complaint against two of the officers. “Moreover, the fraud typically took place during graveyard hours, which was outside of the normal working hours of office managers.”

Officers who are still with the agency and under investigation by the Department of Justice have been placed on administrative time off and had their peace officer powers removed, said Officer Jose Barrios, a department spokesman.

“As a professional law enforcement agency which holds it employees to the highest of standards, the CHP takes all allegations of misconduct seriously,” Barrios said in a statement. “The CHP uncovered the overtime fraud in the East Los Angeles area several years ago during an internal examination.”

The highway patrol would have no further comment amid the investigation and pending litigation, Barrios said.

Charges were filed earlier this month and the officers were booked by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department this week, according to a statement from the attorney general’s office.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/02/17/ ... ud-scheme/

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”