Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Capitol Rioter QAnon Follower Ashli Babbitt - FOIA Lawsuit & $10M+ Lawsuit "To Come"

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Capitol Rioter QAnon Follower Ashli Babbitt - FOIA Lawsuit & $10M+ Lawsuit "To Come"

Post by raison de arizona »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:36 pm From here in The Well Armed Bunker Complex, it looks to me like she was a "Play stupid game, win stupid prize" kind of girl that day.

Or as my hood friends would say, "she fucked around and found out".
If one were to review all the video from that day, one would see Congress Critters a few dozen feet from where the insurrectionists were attempting to further breach. That dude was doing his job protecting those Congress Critters. Killing someone is always a messed up situation, but he made the right call and the investigation upheld that.

"Actions have consequences."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Re: Capitol Rioter QAnon Follower Ashli Babbitt - FOIA Lawsuit & $10M+ Lawsuit "To Come"

Post by Maybenaut »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:36 pm
When I was still in, I doubt an junior enlisted man would be charged for adulatory, but Officers and senior NCOs you betcha. I knew of more than one officer who resigned rather than be Court Martialed for it.
I researched this issue a long time ago. It was always my sense that adultery was a tack-on charge, and I wanted to find out how many people were charged with adultery all by itself without any other charges. I can’t recall if the answer was zero, but if it wasn’t zero, it was very, very few.

Anyhoo, there aren’t near as many adultery charges as there used to be. Back in the stone age (before 2011), the fact of the adultery alone was enough for a conviction. It’s one of the “enumerated offenses” under Article 134 of the UCMJ, which punishes conduct “prejudicial to good order and discipline” and conduct “of a nature to bring discredit on the Service.” The CAAF finally got around to reading the text of the statute and held that the government actually has to prove that the conduct was prejudicial to good order and discipline or was service discrediting. Dude or dudette goes out and has an adulterous relationship with a civilian who has absolutely no connection to the military whatsoever probably wouldn’t result in charges these days.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm obviously not a lawyer, and I served in Cold War times. I always suspected the problem the Army had with it was it made you a security risk because you could be blackmailed.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

AP just published a run down of Babbitt. I'm not going to bother quoting it, it is detailed and worth a look if one is interested. Suffice to say, it appears she was a pretty nasty piece of work in the final years of her life.
https://apnews.com/article/ashli-babbit ... 84c7a8f7df
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

your typical tourist...
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Given her background as a 14-year veteran of the Air Force, it is likely that Ashli would have complied with simple verbal commands, thereby making the use of any force unnecessary,” Roberts said.

The Capitol Police officer who shot Babbitt, Lt. Michael Byrd, said in a televised interview in August that he fired as a “last resort.” When he pulled the trigger, he said, he had no idea whether the person jumping through the window was armed.
I was watching that day, and I saw her. No way in hell was she about to comply with simple verbal commands, if she could have heard them.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:31 pm
Given her background as a 14-year veteran of the Air Force, it is likely that Ashli would have complied with simple verbal commands, thereby making the use of any force unnecessary,” Roberts said.

The Capitol Police officer who shot Babbitt, Lt. Michael Byrd, said in a televised interview in August that he fired as a “last resort.” When he pulled the trigger, he said, he had no idea whether the person jumping through the window was armed.
I was watching that day, and I saw her. No way in hell was she about to comply with simple verbal commands, if she could have heard them.
Seriously. They literally smashed through the glass to get at the Congress Critters on the other side. She was shot crawling through said broken glass.

I suspect she was up to no good.

Either that, or aggressively searching for the souvenir shop.

Hard to say.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:38 pm

Seriously. They literally smashed through the glass to get at the Congress Critters on the other side. She was shot crawling through said broken glass.

Hard to say.

Now you've done it -- that is going to be the next claim on Faux, etc. -- she was merely looking for the souvenir shop and got pushed into the broken window by other shoppers.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

If the rioters would have been in support of BLM and just knocking on the door, the right would have been screaming that they needed to be gunned down. Their screaming of the martyrdom of Babbitt is just a way of raising the flag of white privilege.
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

It has nothing to do with White Privilege or any other buzz phrase. It's "them or us."
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:38 pm

Hard to say.
''

It was announced beforehand the the Special Edition "Trumpy Bear" plush was only going to be available in The Speakers Lobby Gift Shop.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ah, that assplains it, I reckon. :whistle:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Ashli Babbitt was livestreaming on Facebook while she was walking over to the Capitol. She was super happy because she believed she was going to be able to personally participate in the realization of "The Storm". Given that "The Storm" was supposed to culminate in actual executions, I think it's safe to say she wasn't just going to comply with officers telling to her get down. In fact, the officers on the other side of the doors were telling the crowd to stay back and people were yelling that guns were being pointed at her and she just kept right on with her attempt to climb through that broken window.

Just the fact that she was climbing through a broken window is proof enough of her attempt intent (oops). Most people who know or believe they are legally entering a room would reach for the doorknob, turn it, open the door, and walk in. Climbing through a broken window is pretty much a dead giveaway of nefarious intent.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:08 am It was announced beforehand the Special Edition "Trumpy Bear" plush was only going to be available in The Speakers Lobby Gift Shop.
There is a commercial I have not missed and hoped to never hear about again. Thanks Gregg.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:00 am
Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:08 am It was announced beforehand the Special Edition "Trumpy Bear" plush was only going to be available in The Speakers Lobby Gift Shop.
There is a commercial I have not missed and hoped to never hear about again. Thanks Gregg.
I still see it once in a while.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

RVInit wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:14 am Ashli Babbitt was livestreaming on Facebook while she was walking over to the Capitol. She was super happy because she believed she was going to be able to personally participate in the realization of "The Storm". Given that "The Storm" was supposed to culminate in actual executions, I think it's safe to say she wasn't just going to comply with officers telling to her get down. In fact, the officers on the other side of the doors were telling the crowd to stay back and people were yelling that guns were being pointed at her and she just kept right on with her attempt to climb through that broken window.

Just the fact that she was climbing through a broken window is proof enough of her attempt intent (oops). Most people who know or believe they are legally entering a room would reach for the doorknob, turn it, open the door, and walk in. Climbing through a broken window is pretty much a dead giveaway of nefarious intent.
Yes to everything RV said. If somebody broke through your house window and started climbing in, I think you're allowed to shoot them and even I wouldn't object. Also the part about her being warned about the gun, it was clearly (and loudly) announced, on her side, that a gun was pointed at her. Hell, we can all see it on the crappy videos.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”