Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Capitol Rioter QAnon Follower Ashli Babbitt - FOIA Lawsuit & $10M+ Lawsuit "To Come"

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Capitol Rioter QAnon Follower Ashli Babbitt - FOIA Lawsuit & $10M+ Lawsuit "To Come"

Post by Luke »

Starting this topic because looks like this is going to go on and on. They filed an FOIA lawsuit, that won't be heard until September 3rd, probably not what they wanted to hear. Her husband is going to milk this for all it's worth... $90K raised apparently so far. Something is very wrong when criminals and people breaking the law like the COVIDIOTS parlay that into big money grift while law-abiding citizens don't. It encourages people to act out and break the law for cash. /rant

Anyway, our old pal Pamela Geller is still whining and spewing as best she can since it seems she's rightfully been banned in many places. Her only good moment was yelling at Orly Taitz. Pam seems to have forgotten who was president on January 6. Here's her post about Ashlii Babbitt via Epoch Times:
Democrat Murder Victim Ashli Babbitt’s Family Sues to Learn Identity of Officer Who Shot Her
By Pamela Geller - on June 8, 2021
DEMOCRATS: PARTY OF TREASON

The cover-up of Babbit’s murder is the hallmark of a totalitarian state.

Quick note: Tech giants are snuffing us out. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense permenently [sic] banned us. Facebook, Twitter, Google search et al have shadowbanned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. Help us fight. Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW more than ever. Share our posts on social and with your email contacts.
Ashli Babbitt’s Family Sues to Learn Identity of Officer Who Shot Her

From Epoch Times, June 7, 2021:

The Metropolitan Police Department is being sued by the family of Ashli Babbitt to learn the identity of the law enforcement officer who fatally shot her in Washington on Jan. 6. In a 7-page document filed this week in District of Columbia court, relative Aaron Babbitt asked a judge to compel the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD), Washington’s police force, to search for and hand over records he asked for in a Freedom of Information Act request.

The records include video footage of the shooting of Ashli Babbitt inside the U. S. Capitol, documents that identify the officer who shot her, and police training records of said officer. The plaintiff submitted the request on April 21 and the MPD acknowledged receipt on the same day, according to the lawsuit. But as of June 4, the department has failed to produce the requested records or demonstrate that they are lawfully exempt from production. Under Washington code, the MPD was required to do one or the other within 15 business days, or by May 12.

Alleging a violation of the Freedom of Information Act, Aaron Babbitt is asking the court through his lawyer, Terrell Roberts, to order MPD to conduct searches for all of the records requested and order the defendants to produce by a certain date all non-exempt records, as well as blocking the police agency from continuing to withhold the records.

The lawsuit should be merged with a similar action filed by the watchdog group Judicial Watch, the filing states. An MPD spokeswoman told The Epoch Times in an email that the department does not comment on pending litigation. The U. S. Capitol Police and the law firm representing the officer who shot Babbitt did not return requests for comment. The officer who killed Babbitt works for the U. S. Capitol Poli… (Read more)
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/a ... 45674.html

CNBC's version:
Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt's family sues for records on officer who fatally shot her
PUBLISHED TUE, JUN 8 20216:27 PM EDT UPDATED 2 HOURS AGO

KEY POINTS
The family of Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt is suing to force Washington, D.C., to hand over records revealing the identity of the police officer who fatally shot her during the Jan. 6 invasion.
The litigation is separate from a forthcoming lawsuit in which Babbitt's family plans to demand "well above $10 million" from the U.S. Capitol Police, a lawyer for the family told CNBC.
The civil suit comes after the Department of Justice announced it would not pursue criminal charges against the officer, who has not been named by officials.

The family of Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt is suing to force Washington, D.C., to hand over records revealing the identity of the police officer who fatally shot her during the Jan. 6 invasion. The family is also demanding access to video footage of the shooting, witness statements and documents gathered during the Metropolitan Police Department's investigation of the incident, according to the lawsuit. The litigation is separate from a forthcoming lawsuit in which Babbitt's family plans to demand "well above $10 million" from the U.S. Capitol Police, a lawyer for the family told CNBC. The civil suit, filed last week in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, comes more than a month after the Department of Justice announced it would not pursue criminal charges against the Capitol police officer who fatally shot Babbitt. Days after that mid-April decision was unveiled, Babbitt's husband Aaron Babbitt filed a request for records from the MPD under the Freedom of Information Act, according to the lawsuit. But the police department has "failed to comply" with the FOIA request, the lawsuit says, by missing a May 12 deadline to either provide the materials to Aaron Babbitt or notify him that he would not be given access to them.

A spokesman for the MPD declined CNBC's request for a statement, saying that the department does not comment on pending litigation. Babbitt family lawyer Terrell Roberts said in an email Tuesday that the purpose of the FOIA suit is to uncover the findings of the probe and the shooter's identity. Roberts also said that a yet-to-be-filed lawsuit, which will demand millions in recovery from losses, "does not hinge on the current FOIA action against DC's police department." That forthcoming legal action will allege the USCP violated Babbitt's constitutional right against the use of excessive force "and possibly failure to train, discipline and supervise the officer who killed Babbitt," Roberts told CNBC in a previous email.

The lawsuit will seek "an amount well above $10 million" in recovery from losses, he said. Babbitt, a 35-year-old Air Force veteran, was one of hundreds of former President Donald Trump's supporters who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6. The invasion derailed the confirmation of President Joe Biden's electoral victory and forced a joint session of Congress into hiding. The break-in followed Trump insisting at a nearby rally that his followers should march to the Capitol and pressure Republicans not to accept the results of the election. The invasion resulted in five deaths. MPD's Internal Affairs Division, along with two civil rights offices within the U.S. Attorney's Office for the D.C., "conducted a thorough investigation" into Babbitt's shooting, the Justice Department said in an April 14 press release. Those teams sifted through video footage on social media, the autopsy results and statements from the officer who fired the gun and others on the scene, the DOJ said.

"Based on that investigation, officials determined that there is insufficient evidence to support a criminal prosecution," the DOJ said. "The investigation revealed no evidence to establish beyond a reasonable doubt that the officer willfully committed a violation" of a federal criminal civil rights statute, the press release said. Babbitt and a group of rioters gained access to a hallway outside the Speaker's Lobby, which leads to the House chamber. She tried to climb head first through the broken glass window of a door separating the hallway from the lobby, which had been barricaded from the inside with furniture. Other members of the crowd had broken out chunks of glass on the doors while pounding on them "with their hands, flagpoles, helmets, and other objects," the DOJ's press release said.

An officer inside the lobby who had drawn his service pistol shot Babbitt once in the left shoulder, causing her to fall backward onto the floor. She was tended to by a USCP emergency response team before being transported to Washington Hospital Center, where she died, the DOJ said. On the far right, Babbitt is now being cast as a martyr. A crowdfunding page for Babbitt's "official memorial" has raised more than $90,000 since it was created, purportedly by her sister in law, three days after the invasion. A pro-Babbitt group held a rally in California state capitol over the weekend, reportedly clashing with another group that had gathered to memorialize Breonna Taylor, who was fatally shot by police in her Louisville apartment in March 2020. An initial scheduling conference in the FOIA lawsuit is set for Sept. 3 at 9:30 a.m. before Judge Florence Pan.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/08/capitol ... t-her.html

Meanwhile, NY Post:
Ashli Babbitt, Air Force vet killed at Capitol, was in a ‘throuple’: reports
By Tamar LapinJanuary 14, 2021 | 3:54pm | Updated

The Air Force veteran fatally shot by police during last week’s US Capitol riot had been in a “throuple” with her husband and their live-in girlfriend, according to reports. Ashli Babbitt, 35, and her husband, Aaron Babbitt, 39, lived with their 29-year-old gal pal Kayla Joyce in San Diego, New York Magazine’s Intelligencer reported. “I thought she was just going to a rally,” Joyce, who has known the married couple for about a year, said of Ashli. “It was extremely unlike her to put herself in that position.”

During last Wednesday’s mayhem, Ashli was killed as she tried to climb through a smashed window in a panel beside a barricaded door in the Capitol building. Joyce said she and Aaron found out about Ashli’s death “through the news. Through live television.” “I actually saw it first on video when I was on the phone with multiple hospitals trying to find her,” she told the website.

Despite shacking up with Ashli and her husband, Joyce said she didn’t follow her girlfriend on Twitter and didn’t know about her fierce belief in QAnon conspiracy theories, the report said.
https://nypost.com/2021/01/14/ashli-bab ... -throuple/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Re: Capitol Rioter QAnon Follower Ashli Babbitt - FOIA Lawsuit & $10M+ Lawsuit "To Come"

Post by keith »

Babbit was in a 'thruple'?

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

And neither should the scandle rag that published the story.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Re: Capitol Rioter QAnon Follower Ashli Babbitt - FOIA Lawsuit & $10M+ Lawsuit "To Come"

Post by fierceredpanda »

keith wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:31 am Babbit was in a 'thruple'?

It's the New York Post. Being surprised at this kind of scandal-mongering faux journalism from the Post is like being surprised at the excessive speeds at the Indy 500.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Ummm... yeah. The Post makes the National Enquirer look like mature journalism.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

keith wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:31 am Babbit was in a 'thruple'?

Huh. I wonder if she was actually in a thruple, or if the reporter is just trying to sound young. 'thruple' is slang generally associated with a much younger crowd, though I guess the girlfriend is kinda in the range, but just barely.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Couple takes on roommate, sexx assumed.
Hic sunt dracones
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Off Topic
Suranis wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:15 am Couple takes on roommate, sexx assumed.
Or it could be some kind of closed triad situation, who knows. USAF is where a lot of the early swinger stuff started, and various forms are still (relatively) common in the service, with closed hierarchies being kinda the default. Though the pattern is usually 'older guy dating younger woman, wants an upgrade, pushes her to get a younger sister wife, eventually dumps her for the younger woman and goes monogamous again' or some variant.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neeneko wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:22 am
Off Topic
Or it could be some kind of closed triad situation, who knows. USAF is where a lot of the early swinger stuff started, and various forms are still (relatively) common in the service, with closed hierarchies being kinda the default. Though the pattern is usually 'older guy dating younger woman, wants an upgrade, pushes her to get a younger sister wife, eventually dumps her for the younger woman and goes monogamous again' or some variant.
Off Topic
I had no idea, never having served. How Very. Isn't that against military regs? Like I recall hearing soldiers could get in trouble for committing adultery. Is that true? Do they just turn a blind eye to this, or do the practitioners just need to be discreet, or what?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

This news isn’t new. Her…roommate…was the first in her circle to comment, in Jan, and it was noted then.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

covfefe wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:27 am
Off Topic
I had no idea, never having served. How Very. Isn't that against military regs? Like I recall hearing soldiers could get in trouble for committing adultery. Is that true? Do they just turn a blind eye to this, or do the practitioners just need to be discreet, or what?
Off Topic
I only have a pretty 2nd/3rd hand understanding myself, esp since the USAF swinger stuff was way before my time.. I have mostly interacted with the post-edgy 'affluent white suburbanites wanting to mirror what those important people were doing' wave . I think it was mostly among people who could 'get away with it', so not average workers or soldiers, but pilots and officers... though I think the bigger group tends to be people who are out of the military but still connected to the military community, which being a veteran would put her well in.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

neeneko wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:00 pm
Off Topic
Off Topic
I only have a pretty 2nd/3rd hand understanding myself, esp since the USAF swinger stuff was way before my time.. I have mostly interacted with the post-edgy 'affluent white suburbanites wanting to mirror what those important people were doing' wave . I think it was mostly among people who could 'get away with it', so not average workers or soldiers, but pilots and officers... though I think the bigger group tends to be people who are out of the military but still connected to the military community, which being a veteran would put her well in.
Off Topic
It may have changed, but the military use to take a very dim view on adultery. They take the position that when a service member is out on deployment he/she doesn't need to be wondering if another member is messing around with the spouse. In the case of a swingers thing, I can't answer that. It is unbecoming of the service member.
Il factotum
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

It's a shame that her family is able to grift off her crime. Wish I knew which funding site they are getting money from, I would report it. If she had survived she would be facing charges for her actions on that day.

Also, there is video earlier in the day where she's all pumped at the idea of participating in "the Storm". The idea behind the Storm is that a whole bunch of people who hold different opinions are going to be rounded up and executed. So, she was all in for helping bring about the deaths of other people, and thought that was actually going to happen, so I don't feel a bit bad about the fact that she's gone. Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, I know, not very nice of me. Oh well, sometimes I fall short.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
somerset

Post by somerset »

Off Topic
Off Topic
Off Topic
Out of curiosity, and concern for my stepdaughter, is this still going on a lot in the Air Force?

She is moving to the US in a couple of weeks, and is seriously looking at joining the US military. The Air Force seemed to be the best place to be, followed by the Navy, but I've been worried about the degree of right-wing Christianity in the AF. Adding this to the mixture makes me a lot more worried.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

zekeb wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:14 pm
Off Topic
It may have changed, but the military use to take a very dim view on adultery. They take the position that when a service member is out on deployment he/she doesn't need to be wondering if another member is messing around with the spouse. In the case of a swingers thing, I can't answer that.
Off Topic
I gather it was mostly air force bases, do deployment was less of an issue.
But also, this is the same military (we are talking 50s and 60s) that tended to treat sexual assault as 'wouldn't it be nice if women didn't complain?'.
That being said, one of the key elements of swinging is it centres the couple, no playing with the wife unless the (officer) husband gets to play with some other officer's wife, so that probably reduced the chances of anyone important complaining.

Though again, before my time, so this is mostly stuff I've heard from people who are responding to the wave that took inspiration from that community ^_^
filly

Post by filly »

Y’all could start an Air Force thread instead of posting a ton of self described off-topic posts.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RVInit wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:17 pm It's a shame that her family is able to grift off her crime. Wish I knew which funding site they are getting money from, I would report it. If she had survived she would be facing charges for her actions on that day.
There are a few, but the main "official" one is on Go Fund Me.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/ashli-babbit ... l-memorial
Due to the circumstances of her passing, the expenses of a memorial have become insurmountable for her family. Because of this devastation, her family, business and friends are being financially threatened.
They're up to $90k. It's gonna be a hell of a party! I mean, they don't have the cash to rent out a Trump property, but still!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

RVInit wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:17 pm It's a shame that her family is able to grift off her crime. Wish I knew which funding site they are getting money from, I would report it. If she had survived she would be facing charges for her actions on that day.

Also, there is video earlier in the day where she's all pumped at the idea of participating in "the Storm". The idea behind the Storm is that a whole bunch of people who hold different opinions are going to be rounded up and executed. So, she was all in for helping bring about the deaths of other people, and thought that was actually going to happen, so I don't feel a bit bad about the fact that she's gone. Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, I know, not very nice of me. Oh well, sometimes I fall short.
Officer shoots black man for reaching for his car's registration in the glove box - Justified.

Officer shoots white woman during an insurrection where members of congress and the VP lives have been threatened by a violent mob - IT'S MURDUUUR!!!!!1!!!one!!!!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

zekeb wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:14 pm
Off Topic
Off Topic
Off Topic
It may have changed, but the military use to take a very dim view on adultery. They take the position that when a service member is out on deployment he/she doesn't need to be wondering if another member is messing around with the spouse. In the case of a swingers thing, I can't answer that. It is unbecoming of the service member.
Off Topic
I'm old enough to remember the Navy/Marine Tailhook scandal.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I like a term a former boss used… negative sympathy. That describes my feelings exactly.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

somerset wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:18 pm
Off Topic
Out of curiosity, and concern for my stepdaughter, is this still going on a lot in the Air Force?

She is moving to the US in a couple of weeks, and is seriously looking at joining the US military. The Air Force seemed to be the best place to be, followed by the Navy, but I've been worried about the degree of right-wing Christianity in the AF. Adding this to the mixture makes me a lot more worried.
Off Topic
She should consider the Coast Guard. I was in for 27 years. I’ve been retired since 2007 and I now work on military justice cases from all the other services.

If I was advising my own child, based on what I’ve read in my work about how the services treat their people, the Air Force would be last on the list, Coast Guard would be first, then Army, Navy, Marines.

YMMV.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

They might get ID, but they won't collect a penny. Fuck em, fuck em all. And memorial expenses -- a couple of bottles of Jack, Johnny Walker and a few cases of beer, some pigs in a blanket -- what else do you need?
somerset

Post by somerset »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:51 pm
somerset wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:18 pm
Off Topic

Off Topic
She should consider the Coast Guard. I was in for 27 years. I’ve been retired since 2007 and I now work on military justice cases from all the other services.

If I was advising my own child, based on what I’ve read in my work about how the services treat their people, the Air Force would be last on the list, Coast Guard would be first, then Army, Navy, Marines.

YMMV.
Off Topic
Thank you so much, MN! Your opinion here carries a lot of weight :biggrin:

TF - please forgive the threadjack. This bit of information is really important to Mrs Somerset and I :grouphug:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Off Topic
Maybe she could be stationed in Eureka CA, ‘twixt the redwoods and the sea.
BB4D0F7B-7AE5-456D-9A5F-998FBE196B11.jpeg
BB4D0F7B-7AE5-456D-9A5F-998FBE196B11.jpeg (39.86 KiB) Viewed 2708 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:15 pm

Officer shoots black man for reaching for his car's registration in the glove box - Justified.

Officer shoots white woman during an insurrection where members of congress and the VP lives have been threatened by a violent mob - IT'S MURDUUUR!!!!!1!!!one!!!!
From here in The Well Armed Bunker Complex, it looks to me like she was a "Play stupid game, win stupid prize" kind of girl that day.

Or as my hood friends would say, "she fucked around and found out".

When I was still in, I doubt an junior enlisted man would be charged for adulatory, but Officers and senior NCOs you betcha. I knew of more than one officer who resigned rather than be Court Martialed for it.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Kate520 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:36 pm
Off Topic
Maybe she could be stationed in Eureka CA, ‘twixt the redwoods and the sea.
BB4D0F7B-7AE5-456D-9A5F-998FBE196B11.jpeg
:thumbsup:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”