Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Mike Flynn - Michael Thomas Flynn - Seditionist Traitor & Russian Agent?

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Mike Flynn - Michael Thomas Flynn - Seditionist Traitor & Russian Agent?

Post by Luke »

Michael Thomas Flynn is a retired United States Army lieutenant general who was the 25th United States National Security Advisor for the first 22 days of the Trump administration until his resignation in light of reports that he had lied regarding conversations with Sergey Kislyak. Wikipedia
Born: December 24, 1958 (age 62 years), Fort Meade, MD
Spouse: Lori Andrade (m. 1981)

Molly Jong-Fast @MollyJongFast 5h
Mike Flynn calling for a military coup is not great look for the modern GOP or for democracy as a whole

Chris Hahn @ChristopherHahn 4h
Mike Flynn was pardoned by the Former Guy despite a federal judge suggesting he may have committed treason.

Now he is openly calling for a military coup.

His brother may have delayed National Guard deployment on January 6th

We need a full accounting!

#January6thCommissionNow

Flynn is backtracking on Telegram. 848 brain-dead comments so far. He should be getting a Secret Service visit.
@RealGenFlynn, [31.05.21 13:23]
Let me be VERY CLEAR – There is NO reason whatsoever for any coup in America, and I do not and have not at any time called for any action of that sort.
Any reporting of any other belief by me is a boldface fabrication based on twisted reporting at a lively panel at a conference of Patriotic Americans who love this country, just as I do.
I am no stranger to media manipulating my words and therefore let me repeat my response to a question asked at the conference: There is no reason it (a coup) should happen here (in America).

As a former military member, can he still be court-martialled for this? He should lose his pension for all this seditionist activity, he's gone too far.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Re: Michael Thomas Flynn - Seditionist Traitor & Russian Agent?

Post by Kendra »

Remember his guilty plea? I would so like to read the interacted version the judge got.
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

orlylicious wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:19 pm

As a former military member, can he still be court-martialled for this? He should lose his pension for all this seditionist activity, he's gone too far.
Yes he can be called back to duty for the sole purpose of standing trial. It's rare but has happened before, usually with cases involving a former military member who's statute of limitations expired (UCMJ has no such restrictions). However I don't see Biden being likely to approve anything like that since (1) he seems IMHO far too intent on appeasing the right in hopes that they will come to their senses and just forget the other guy ever existed if his administration doesn't hold him accountable and (2) It'd be really hard to make anything really stick with this situation, he'd probably just cry persecution back pedal hard and then grift another "buy my book to own the libs!" deal.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Court martial jurisdiction over former and retired military personnel is complicated, and its constitutionality is currently under challenge. Steve Vladeck, a good lawyer and a well-respected law professor, is a leading advocate for the challengers.

Here’s a twitter thread from January that gives a short summary:

In light of this @RonanFarrow story about Larry Rendall Brock, Jr., an Air Force veteran, here's a quick #thread about the complicated, confusing, and evolving state of the law regarding when the military can (and cannot) court-martial retired servicemembers
Vladeck recently argued the Begani case mentioned in the thread

https://www.caaflog.org/home/caaf-hears ... r-retirees

Recalling a political opponent to prosecute him for the contents of a speech would be an ugly thing for an administration to do, and it won't happen under Biden.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Twitter just suspended him.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thanks, Chancery, definitely will read up on that, Steve did a lot of great election legal coverage.

Suspended who, Slim? Steve and Ronan are still there.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

orlylicious wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:15 pm Thanks, Chancery, definitely will read up on that, Steve did a lot of great election legal coverage.

Suspended who, Slim? Steve and Ronan are still there.
Flynn, the subject of the thread.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Luke

Post by Luke »

Ok, that's why I was confused. :lol: Twitter suspended Mike Flynn back in January when Squidney was suspended, not today.

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Baidn wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:51 pm
orlylicious wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:19 pm

Yes he can be called back to duty for the sole purpose of standing trial.

That’s right.

It's rare but has happened before

Also right

usually with cases involving a former military member who's statute of limitations expired (UCMJ has no such restrictions).

That’s wrong. Most crimes under the UCMJ have a five year statute of limitations.

However I don't see Biden being likely to approve anything like that since (1) he seems IMHO far too intent on appeasing the right in hopes that they will come to their senses and just forget the other guy ever existed if his administration doesn't hold him accountable and

Personally, I think Biden would be completely hands-off -he’d let DOD make that call.

(2) It'd be really hard to make anything really stick with this situation, he'd probably just cry persecution back pedal hard and then grift another "buy my book to own the libs!" deal.

Flynn would be entitled to have officers senior to him decide his fate. I’m not entirely convinced a panel of senior general officers would give him a pass.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Flynn would be entitled to have officers senior to him decide his fate. I’m not entirely convinced a panel of senior general officers would give him a pass.
Good point. We don’t generally hear from senior active duty personnel about things of current political interest. It’s the old codgers who go on Fox to yell about whatever thing their crotchets are hating on that week. We don’t know for sure how the real senior officers view Flynn.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Michael Thomas Flynn - Seditionist Traitor & Russian Agent?

Yes to both

and an idiot.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN also had at least one retired general on yesterday with similar opinion. Have we seen how Fox is covering it?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Newsmax wrote: Michael Flynn Suggests Myanmar-Like Coup in US

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn over the weekend appeared to suggest that a military coup similar to the one that deposed Myanmar’s government “should happen” in the United States, CNN reports.

While speaking at an event in Dallas on Sunday that included many well-known supporters of the QAnon conspiracy theory, Flynn was asked by an audience member during a question and answer session “why what happened in Myanmar can’t happen here?”

Flynn responded, “No reason. I mean, it should happen here.”

He also claimed that former President Donald Trump “won” the 2020 presidential election.

Trump “won the popular vote, and he won the Electoral College vote,” Flynn said.

Myanmar’s military overthrew the country’s democratically-elected leaders on February 1, imprisoning them and claiming voter fraud. Since this occurred, at least 800 citizens have died and thousands arrested during protests.

Some Trump supporters who believe the former president's claims about election fraud have cited Myanmar as an example for how the U.S. military should have behaved. Media Matters reports that users on far-right message boards have praised the coup and asked when a similar event will happen in America.

Flynn previously signaled his support for the QAnon conspiracy theory last summer when he posted a video to Twitter that contained several QAnon slogans. His account was subsequently banned when Twitter removed many accounts that had promoted the conspiracy theory.
► Show Spoiler
More recently, Flynn appeared to distance himself from the QAnon movement, saying in an interview that "what I tell people to do is look at the people that are involved. Look at the values that they espouse and let's move along."
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/flynn- ... d/1023371/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

orlylicious wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:17 pm Ok, that's why I was confused. :lol: Twitter suspended Mike Flynn back in January when Squidney was suspended, not today.

My bad.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Luke

Post by Luke »

Richard Painter was just on CNN calling for a full court-martial for Flynn, using not only the coup talk this weekend, but also the meeting in the White House in December with DL2XIT basically calling for martial law.

A look back:
The room was starting to fill up. Trump's personal assistant summoned White House staff secretary Derek Lyons to join the meeting and asked him to bring a copy of a 2018 executive order that the Powell group kept citing as the key to victory. Lyons agreed with Cipollone and the other officials that Powell's theories were nonsensical.

It was now four against four.

Flynn went berserk. The former three-star general, whom Trump had fired as his first national security adviser after he was caught lying to the FBI (and later pardoned), stood up and turned from the Resolute Desk to face Herschmann.

"You're quitting! You're a quitter! You're not fighting!” he exploded at the senior adviser. Flynn then turned to the president, and implored: "Sir, we need fighters."

Herschmann ignored Flynn at first and continued to probe Powell's pitch with questions about the underlying evidence. "All you do is promise, but never deliver," he said to her sharply.

Flynn was ranting, seemingly infuriated about anyone challenging Powell, who had represented him in his recent legal battles.
► Show Spoiler
https://www.axios.com/trump-oval-office ... f8723.html

woodworker

Post by woodworker »

IMHO I also agree that senior officers would be less likely to give flynn a pass -- his behavior is corrosive to the bedrock principal that our military is under civilian control and that we effect transfers of power by voting, not by guns. He should be court-martialed, convicted, stripped of all rank and privileges and be made a life-long guest of the Disciplinary Barracks at Levenworth. His name and reputation should be considered in the same contempt as Benedict Arnold.

I also believe that this is not a decision Biden/Austin should make on the basis of how it will look -- this should be done on the basis of what is right, just and honorable. Flynn would not be prosecuted for political speech or for being an asshole -- he would be prosecuted for criminally urging sedition and for repeatedly and criminally violating the oaths he took as an officer.
filly

Post by filly »

We had lots of explanations of what calling someone back to active duty in order to court martial them would entail. It was in the Admiral Fitzfundfilcher thread (I think in his legal name). But that went *POOF* with the old Fogbow.

Maybe maybenaut will take pity on us and give us the executive summary. I seem to remember that is probably not possible.
Luke

Post by Luke »

This genuinely is scary. Vice-Chair on Armed Services is suggesting Flynn needs to be tried. Jake Tapper & Donie O'Sullivan on CNN about Flynn:

Maybe it's time to do that to put a stop to this seditionist behavior by making an example of Flynn.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I really enjoy Donie O'Sullivan's reports, he's found a nice niche.

With these seditious remarks Comrade Flynn may have crossed the line for recall to active duty and court-martial. As a JAG I’m qualified and also happy to prosecute this case. https://businessinsider.com/michael-fly ... mar-2021-5 P.S. US mil would NEVER support this. We love America.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Recall that there were reports of a big bust up between Barr and Trump as the 40 days specified in the 2018 executive order came close. The executive order states flatly that the AG must certify that the election was compromised to come into force. I think Trump demanded that Barr certify that Biden won by Russia and China interfering, or at least that the election was compromised by them, and Barr refused, locking off the 2018 EO from use.

So Trump wanted his coup and his election win, and Barr wouldn't give it to him. So Flynn and Trump would have been working together to set this up after that meeting.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke

Post by Luke »

Lived through the absolute madness about that stupid EO -- Squdney's pal, Scientologist Leigh Dundas pumped the hell out of it on YouTube and the dead-enders were going out of their minds. Mike Flynn pimped out that EO bigly too. Reported the video to YT and must have batted back 100 comments on the YT page of people who were totally clueless and certain it was going to happen. The delusion was alarming. When it didn't happen, most just slinked off. Then YT removed the video.

It was actually (shockingly, really) John Ratcliffe the DNI who wouldn't go along. Bill Barr wanted more about China but ultimately it was the DNI's call and the career people wouldn't go along so it deadlocked.
President Donald Trump’s spy chief won’t meet Friday’s deadline to submit a classified report to Congress on foreign efforts to sway the Nov. 3 election, officials said, because of arguments within the intelligence community over whether China should be cited more prominently for its attempts to influence American voters.

A statement from Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe’s office on Wednesday night said the deadline won’t be met because career officers in the intelligence community say they’ve “received relevant reporting since the election and a number of agencies have not finished coordinating on the product.”

On Tuesday, Ratcliffe was weighing refusing to sign off on the report unless it more fully reflected the national security threat posed by China’s efforts according to people familiar with the matter, who spoke on condition of anonymity owing to the sensitivity of the information.

The report was to go to Capitol Hill as Trump continues to reject the outcome of the presidential election won by Democrat Joe Biden.
More: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ling-views

Hadn't seen this. And gee, what a shock she was at the Capitol.
The FBI wants a word with Leigh Dundas, Scientologist attorney and Capitol rioter
By Tony Ortega | February 17, 2021

We first noticed Leigh Dundas, a Scientology OT and “human rights attorney” last year as she made a name for herself as a firebrand anti-vaxx and anti-mask activist who had driven away an Orange County health official with her brand of political extremism. More recently, we’ve been posting information as it has come in about her remarkable couple of days at the US Capitol on January 5 and 6 as she took part in the speechifying and marching that ended up being a deadly insurrection.

On January 5 she urged on a crowd with this rhetoric: “We would be well within our rights to take any alleged American who acted in a turncoat fashion and sold us out and committed treason, we would be well within our rights and take them out back and shoot ’em or hang ’em…” And on the day of the riot itself, she filmed herself pushing toward the Capitol and screaming “Traitor!” at Capitol police. Video also emerged showing her near the doors of the Capitol itself. Later that afternoon she gave another fiery broadside exhorting her listeners to “fight on! Fight for your country!” while protesters were breaking windows and pushing into the building behind her.

Each time we’ve posted these updates about Leigh, we have said that we don’t know whether any of this adds up to a punishable offense, and we have not accused Leigh of committing a crime. However, we have now learned that the FBI would like to talk to Leigh Dundas.
More (interesting site): https://tonyortega.org/2021/02/17/fbi-w ... ol-rioter/
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:31 am
The FBI wants a word with Leigh Dundas, Scientologist attorney and Capitol rioter
By Tony Ortega | February 17, 2021

We first noticed Leigh Dundas, a Scientology OT and “human rights attorney” last year as she made a name for herself as a firebrand anti-vaxx and anti-mask activist who had driven away an Orange County health official with her brand of political extremism. More recently, we’ve been posting information as it has come in about her remarkable couple of days at the US Capitol on January 5 and 6 as she took part in the speechifying and marching that ended up being a deadly insurrection.

On January 5 she urged on a crowd with this rhetoric: “We would be well within our rights to take any alleged American who acted in a turncoat fashion and sold us out and committed treason, we would be well within our rights and take them out back and shoot ’em or hang ’em…” And on the day of the riot itself, she filmed herself pushing toward the Capitol and screaming “Traitor!” at Capitol police. Video also emerged showing her near the doors of the Capitol itself. Later that afternoon she gave another fiery broadside exhorting her listeners to “fight on! Fight for your country!” while protesters were breaking windows and pushing into the building behind her.

Each time we’ve posted these updates about Leigh, we have said that we don’t know whether any of this adds up to a punishable offense, and we have not accused Leigh of committing a crime. However, we have now learned that the FBI would like to talk to Leigh Dundas.
More (interesting site): https://tonyortega.org/2021/02/17/fbi-w ... ol-rioter/
I know Tony well from my work on Scientology. He's the real deal, and he writes in a pretty fun way, even about arcane Scientology minutiae. His blog now features a daily article about Qanon as well as a daily article about Scientology. Highly recommended.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:57 pm
With these seditious remarks Comrade Flynn may have crossed the line for recall to active duty and court-martial. As a JAG I’m qualified and also happy to prosecute this case. https://businessinsider.com/michael-fly ... mar-2021-5 P.S. US mil would NEVER support this. We love America.
Lt. Colonel Vindman is a JAG lawyer and a respected retired officer. So he knows more about the law and military culture involved than I ever will.

That said, the U.S. history of “seditious libel” and similar witchhunts is long and ugly. It’s primarily made victims of the powerless, including many African Americans and social reformers. I can easily imagine a future Trumpist regime stripping thousands of retired military personnel of retirement benefits for failure to adhere to the new fascism. I would hope that any prosecution would be predicated on considerably more than the one hateful speech.

Edit: It's his brother, Alexander, who's retired. Yevgeny (Eugene) Vindman is still in the Army, and apparently is about to be promoted to full colonel.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Well OK but he better watch his fuc*ing step.
US Army will not investigate Flynn's comments about a coup after he appeared to endorse one
By Barbara Starr, Ellie Kaufman, Michael Conte and Devan Cole, CNN
Updated 3:26 PM ET, Wed June 2, 2021

Washington (CNN)The US Army said Wednesday that it will not investigate former Gen. Michael Flynn for statements he recently made in which he appeared to endorse a Myanmar-style coup occurring in the US. "We are aware of the statements LTG (R) Flynn made May 30 and June 1. The Army is not investigating these statements further at this time," an Army spokesperson said in a statement.

Given the fact that Flynn is retired, the Army's decision is in line with the US military's typical approach to similar situations, when potential misconduct carried out by retired members who are out of uniform does not prompt an investigation by the armed services.

Flynn is facing bipartisan criticism after appearing to endorse a Myanmar-style coup in the US during an event in Dallas on Sunday in which an audience member raised the idea. "I want to know why what happened in Minamar (sic) can't happen here?" the audience member, who identified himself as a Marine, asked Flynn."No reason, I mean, it should happen here. No reason. That's right," Flynn responded.

"Let me be VERY CLEAR - There is NO reason whatsoever for any coup in America, and I do not and have not at any time called for any action of that sort," the message said. Some QAnon followers are obsessed with the idea that the US military will somehow put former President Donald Trump back into office. Some believed and hoped Trump would declare martial law on Inauguration Day to stop Joe Biden from entering the White House.

Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby told reporters on Tuesday that "the department is not going to have an official comment one way on this."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/02/politics ... index.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

!! ALERT:

Court has scheduled 9am *detention hearing* for tomorrow f or this Jan 6 case. Ryan Samsel

I will be covering this one closely.

Return to “QAnon and StopTheSteal whackos”