January 6 Select Committee

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, very close. Some of us revile the former asshole so much that we dislike writing his name. So Disgraced Loser Twice Impeached Trump. I tend to use TFA (the former asshole) because it's short and baked into my keyboard app. Others still use other formulations. :batting:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I tend to use TFG (the former guy, I think) because I don't want to spend more time typing his name than necessary. I would use TFA but he is still an asshole. "The former asshole" hints he is no longer what he still is.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:think:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

OK, yeah, and that would make Joe the current asshole. Nope. :nope:

I may as well just use Trump.

All my ideas are half-baked. :biggrin: :oldman:
filly

Post by filly »

Shocker! Mark Meadows decided not to cooperate after all. Or never intended to. And Elijah Cummings was a close friend of this asshole?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Off Topic
Reality Check wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:35 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:32 am
orlylicious wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:28 am DL2XIT
What does this mean?

Thanks!!
I believe it means Donald Loser 2 Times Impeached Trump.
Much appreciated!
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:35 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:32 am
Off Topic
orlylicious wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:28 am DL2XIT
What does this mean?

Thanks!!
I believe it means Donald Loser 2 Times Impeached Trump.
Close, (Disgraced Loser 2X Impeached T****)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:08 am Yeah, very close. Some of us revile the former asshole so much that we dislike writing his name. So Disgraced Loser Twice Impeached Trump. I tend to use TFA (the former asshole) because it's short and baked into my keyboard app. Others still use other formulations. :batting:
I just try not to refer to him, but would probably use TFG if I do. TFA - the way you mean it - is more accurate, but the first time I saw it and figured out what you meant, I kinda laughed because it sounded to me like you were saying he's not an asshole anymore...
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I still use DFO for Disgraced Former Occupant.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

FYI, Scott Macfarlane is live teeting Bannon's hearing this morning.

raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:51 am FYI, Scott Macfarlane is live teeting Bannon's hearing this morning.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 5351126025
delay delay delay
and hope it goes away
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:55 am
Kendra wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:51 am FYI, Scott Macfarlane is live teeting Bannon's hearing this morning.

delay delay delay
and hope it goes away
Of course. I think the judge settle on a July trial.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:28 am Terrific.

Marc Short appeared to hate DL2XIT, there was a lot of press when Donald banned him from the White House (which was bs & Marc was fine with it). The VP's staff is going to be much more willing to provide information... many were loyal to Pence and when Donald threw him to the wolves and enjoyed hearing "Hang Mike Pence" many were disgusted. From that CNN story:
When I read that, a thought occurred to me: Does the President even have the legal right to ban him?

The VP is an elected official, just as POTUS is, and has an office in the WH. The VP's Chief of Staff is an important part of the VP's staff. So, can POTUS legally deny the VP (who, contrary to TFG's opinion, does not work for POTUS) access to his own staff?
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:14 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:55 am

delay delay delay
and hope it goes away
Of course. I think the judge settle on a July trial.

Discovery!
► Show Spoiler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

HAY WAIT A MINNIT. :mad:

If'n TFA means he's not an asshole any more, does TFG mean he's not a guy? :think: :confuzzled:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: US House Select Jan 6 Cmte says if Mark Meadows doesn't show for tomorrow's scheduled deposition:

"The Select Committee will be left no choice but to advance contempt proceedings & recommend that the body in which Meadows once served refer him for criminal prosecution"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/07/politics ... index.html
:snippity: A source familiar with the matter told CNN that among the 6,000 pages of documents Meadows has already provided to the committee are communications from January 6. It is still unclear who communicated that day with Meadows but the source said "many people had Meadows' cell phone."

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a California Democrat and member of the committee, said on CNN's The Lead with Jake Tapper that the records including "volumes of material, including real time communication as the riot unfolded. Lofgren said the messages were shared "without an assertion of privilege," and criticized Meadows for then reversing his cooperation.

"The committee wants to ask him about some of that, and it's really untenable that all of a sudden at the last minute he's saying no. That somehow there's some reason why he can't talk about this," Lofgren said. :snippity:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm willing to give kudos to Cheney, but I'm not so sure about Pence yet. I just think he understood that he really had no choice that day. He seems to have tried to find almost any kind of rationale for doing it in the days before January 6. I despise old man Cheney, but I can understand that he would not have approved of what went on on January 6.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:40 pm HAY WAIT A MINNIT. :mad:

If'n TFA means he's not an asshole any more, does TFG mean he's not a guy? :think: :confuzzled:
Have him put his hand in the box while you hold the Gom Jabbar to his neck. If he removes his hand from the box, which he will, he dies and shows that he is an animal and not a human, thus, not a guy. The only problem is, this would probably have been true at any time, so that means he never was a guy.

When Sci-Fi can't get you out of confusion, there's no hope.

I am a guy and I despise having to share my gender with him, so I kicked him out of the club. Since gender identity need not be a dichotomous choice anymore, I don't feel bad because I would be default have been kicking him over to the ladies. This might work.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

#EXCLUSIVE CMT: Longtime #RogerStone attorney Grant Smith exclusively tells
@ABC
News tonight he sent a letter to
@January6thCmte
yesterday on behalf of Stone “advising them that he will be asserting his Fifth Amendment privilege in response to their subpoena.” 1/3
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Foggy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:08 am Yeah, very close. Some of us revile the former asshole so much that we dislike writing his name. So Disgraced Loser Twice Impeached Trump. I tend to use TFA (the former asshole) because it's short and baked into my keyboard app. Others still use other formulations. :batting:
I forget who I first heard call trump "The Former Guy", but I thought that was good enough for a thread title. Since then I've heard both Biden and Psaki use that term.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:44 pm
I forget who I first heard call trump "The Former Guy", but I thought that was good enough for a thread title. Since then I've heard both Biden and Psaki use that term.
IIRC, it was Biden who used the phrase first.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Meadows gave them the phone records, what they were really asking for, but he won't ever say in a public setting that he made/received those calls and won't say what they were about. Not unless they let him whisper to one person and then have that person go answer questions, and as long as they say they didn't get that info from Meadows.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:34 pm

Have him put his hand in the box while you hold the Gom Jabbar to his neck. If he removes his hand from the box, which he will, he dies and shows that he is an animal and not a human, thus, not a guy. The only problem is, this would probably have been true at any time, so that means he never was a guy.

I am a guy and I despise having to share my gender with him, so I kicked him out of the club. Since gender identity need not be a dichotomous choice anymore, I don't feel bad because I would be default have been kicking him over to the ladies. This might work.
I say we settle for the little mushroom king.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Gregg wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:54 am
northland10 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:34 pm

I say we settle for the little mushroom king.
But that acronym would be LMK and we don't want to do that to her!!!

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”