January 6 Select Committee

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:24 pm Rep. Schiff's presentation is extraordinary. Multiple messages show Secret Service aware of threatening behavior, weapons, threats to kill Congress. Implies SS witnesses perjured themselves.
He must have been a helluva prosecutor.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

They're now showing Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and others in congress frantically calling Virginia and other state govenors to try to get national guardsman to the capitol. I think this is the first time they've shown these videos.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

:torches:

Committee subpoenas Trump.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

She knew it was illegal but went along with it anyway
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN has more behind the scenes video (some of it taken by Speaker Pelosi's daughter), they will be showing lots of it tonight on Anderson Cooper's hour (5PM my time).

The clip they did show when Pelosi was told members were coming in gas masks :mad:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Wait, what? Am I getting this right from the Twitterverse?.. The J6 Select Committee is going to subpoena tfg to testify LIVE?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That makes it sound as if he will show up for a deposition. :rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

I'm no expert but Politico suggests the subpoena may have no teeth?
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/1 ... t-00061454
Committee vice chair Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) described securing the testimony of “Jan. 6’s central player” as “a key task” that remains unfinished. Yet even though members of Trump’s closest inner circle, like his daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner, have testified to the Jan. 6 panel, it’s far from clear that the former president — who has routinely denounced their work — would comply with a summons.

And there’s plenty of factors cutting against the panel’s ability to obtain Trump’s cooperation. There is little precedent for such a move against a former president, which would raise thorny separation of powers issues that have rarely, if ever, been litigated.

Former President Harry Truman resisted a subpoena from the Cold War-era House Un-American Activities Committee and refused to comply, saying it would set a dangerous precedent, a decision that the Justice Department has since cited in its own internal opinions. And though the issues Trump would be subpoenaed over may pass legal muster, the length of time it would take to litigate the issue will all but certainly carry on beyond the select committee’s tenure, which ends in January.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol: idiot
destroying this country is fun, asshat
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

It's unbelievable to me that social media is afire debated the subpoena to TFG. "How could the committee be so dumb as to think they have time to make this happen?" Why didn't they do this sooner when there was time?" "He'll just take the Fifth!" "He'll come to because he can't resist an audience?" "They are powerless buffoons and are sure to be disappointed!"

Does no one play chess?

1. He will not come. 2. They know that.

Now debate.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Chris Miller under oath
raison de arizona

These unpatriotic asshats like Miller who go on Fox News and say one thing, but then the exact opposite under oath, should be drawn and quartered. You don't need electricity for that either.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:36 pm These unpatriotic asshats like Miller who go on Fox News and say one thing, but then the exact opposite under oath, should be drawn and quartered. You don't need electricity for that either.
Nor for crucifixion....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:36 pm These unpatriotic asshats like Miller who go on Fox News and say one thing, but then the exact opposite under oath, should be drawn and quartered. You don't need electricity for that either.
:like:
raison de arizona

much ado

Post by much ado »

I hope that the subpoena notes that Trump has complained that the information presented to the committee has been one-sided and that the committee trusts that Trump will avail himself of the opportunity to present his side of the story in detail before the committee and the American public.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Speaking of asshole liars. Steve Scalise earlier this year, juxtaposed with the video released today. Scalise was right there next to Pelosi when she was calling on the guard.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Was Josh Hawley running through the halls while Nancy was calmly on the phone talking to the WH and Governors, or did he panic and haul ass a little later?
:lol:
raison de arizona

Trump wants to testify before the J6 committee — but only if they broadcast his testimony live: NYT
:snippity:
Maggie Haberman of The New York Times reported, "Since it became public that the House select committee planned to subpoena Trump for his testimony, the former president has been telling aides he favors doing so, so long as he gets to do so live, according to a person familiar with his discussions."

"However, it is unclear whether the committee would accept such a demand," Haberman noted.
:snippity:
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-j6-subpoena-testimony/
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:45 pm CNN has more behind the scenes video (some of it taken by Speaker Pelosi's daughter), they will be showing lots of it tonight on Anderson Cooper's hour (5PM my time).

The clip they did show when Pelosi was told members were coming in gas masks :mad:
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:35 pm Speaking of asshole liars. Steve Scalise earlier this year, juxtaposed with the video released today. Scalise was right there next to Pelosi when she was calling on the guard.
Another one up against the wall. These so-called men have no honor, none at all. They are blatant liars. In a just world, they would be rode out town on a rail.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MSNBC is recapping right now today's hearing. Unclear if it just started at top of hour - I just switched channels.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”