January 6 Select Committee

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:waiting:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/2 ... s-00084259
A conservative non-profit group allied with former President Donald Trump urged “Hill staffers and their colleagues” to cut off meetings with any former Jan. 6 committee staffers who have since joined firms that lobby.

In a letter sent to hundreds of recipients on the Hill, the dark money group American Accountability Foundation listed the names of the former committee staffers and their titles — along with their new employers and links to their firms’ clients — all of whom they urged to blacklist.

“AAF has put together a cheat-sheet below outlining their new firms and the firm’s clients so you can be sure you (and your staff) aren’t inadvertently taking a meeting with a company that hires staff that hates your boss,” says the memo sent by Thomas Jones, the group’s president and founder. In his letter, Jones noted recent reporting by POLITICO on the January 6 committee staffers being hired by law and lobbying shops.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Kancel Kulture!
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Wow, that's really horrible. How did we get here?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:59 pm Wow, that's really horrible. How did we get here?
101010 :towel:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

northland10 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:26 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:59 pm Wow, that's really horrible. How did we get here?
:winner:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New: Former Trump-affiliated Cassidy Hutchinson lawyer Stefan Passantino files tort complaint against Jan. 6 committee and its former members for supposedly violating his rights by using congressional authority to “destroy his reputation and career”, per release.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

A) you can't sue the US government unless the US government says you can sue them.

B) Even if A) can be got around, the "Speech and Debate" thing is pretty hard to get around. Mike Pence is the only person I know who ever screwed that up. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:39 pm https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1 ... 536269314
New: Former Trump-affiliated Cassidy Hutchinson lawyer Stefan Passantino files tort complaint against Jan. 6 committee and its former members for supposedly violating his rights by using congressional authority to “destroy his reputation and career”, per release.
He done did that all by hisself.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

How's the saying go? "If the truth about your behavior hurts your reputation, the fault is with your behavior and not the truth." Or something like that?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Mine is, everybody has a reputation, whether you want one or not. The only question is what you will do to influence the content of your reputation.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:42 am Mine is, everybody has a reputation, whether you want one or not. The only question is what you will do to influence the content of your reputation.
In the State Department, 'corridor reputation' is real. It doesn't influence promotions, but can influence assignments. It can completely ruin careers. I've seen what happens when someone's rep gets trashed, either deservedly or not. And I've only been in for 4 1/2 years.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:42 am Mine is, everybody has a reputation, whether you want one or not. The only question is what you will do to influence the content of your reputation.
Mine is: Always judge someone by their depravities...virtues can be faked, depravities are to the core....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 11#image=1
Former Mueller investigation prosecutor Andrew Weissmann is being sued by Stefan Passantino, a Trumpworld-paid lawyer who initially represented former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, reported The Guardian's Hugo Lowell on Friday.

Passantino alleges that Weissmann, a frequent legal commentator on cable news, defamed him when he said that he had "coached" Hutchinson to lie to the House January 6 Committee during her testimony.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Cassidy Hutchinson will be on Maddow's program on Monday.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:59 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 11#image=1
Former Mueller investigation prosecutor Andrew Weissmann is being sued by Stefan Passantino, a Trumpworld-paid lawyer who initially represented former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, reported The Guardian's Hugo Lowell on Friday.

Passantino alleges that Weissmann, a frequent legal commentator on cable news, defamed him when he said that he had "coached" Hutchinson to lie to the House January 6 Committee during her testimony.
:popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:04 pm Cassidy Hutchinson will be on Maddow's program on Monday.
Looking forward to that one.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:24 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:59 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 11#image=1

:popcorn:
Discovery might be fun. :biggrin:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

They always forget about the discovery. Cf fuckhead trying to wriggle out of providing document and attending his depo in his 500k lawsuit against Michael Cohen.

The judge set the depo for Oct 6. Max 9 hours. Cohen's attourneys asked fuckhead's lolyers when and where. They did not bother to respond. Judge said, FU; let Cohen pick time and place and you better be there.

The understanding is that fuckhead is planning to take the Fifth. A lot.

Imagine, taking the fifth in your own depo in a civil suit you bought.

Personally, I don't think he's going to show.
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Honest to gawd, I am sick and tired of dedicated Trump facilitators trying—and often succeeding—in ingratiating themselves with the public by publishing tell-all memoirs. Not to mention the bucks they make.

The memoirs so often are not so much mea culpas as excuses for their egregious, anti-democracy conduct. Cassidy Hutchinson’s book is no exception. “I was young, I was naive…” blah, blah, blah.

I’m disgusted. But her book, given the puffy reviews, will likely do the trick.

Gift article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/23/us/p ... =url-share
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I give Hutchinson a pass on the facilitator charge. At least for now and wholly dependent on what direction she chooses over the next five years (e.g., if she ends up as a staffer for Pence, fuck her).

She attracted the attention of outwardly dependable GOP men of power, found herself way way above her pay grade at a ridiculously swift pace, and IMO it would be a rare 24 year old who would not say, "Okay, I'm in; this is so cool!" Then, when push came to shove, she made the right choice.

Her whirlwind rise from intern to top staffer was, I would think, made possible by the huge talent sump that was the last two years of fuckhead's reign. She didn't do anything vile to facilitate that. Yeah, it went to her head, but again, for a young Republican to be in her position? Whose head would it not have gone to? Her dedication to excusing fuckhead's evil by putting the blame on herself and others has got to ring a bell with every woman on the planet. And her actions to cling to what power she had, for the year after Jan 6, strike me as the bargaining stage of grief more than a revelation of a conniving soul.

Part of me does not like to compare among malign actors. But a part of me thinks that as a practical matter, it's a good idea. So I'm team Cassidy--until she hooks up with another fascist. Because now she knows.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I’m OK with them writing and selling books. They need the money to pay their lawyers (not all of them are funded by PACs). For many of these folks, working for Trump has been a net loss. Some could never get jobs in politics again. I mean, fuck ’em, but I’m generally OK with people trying to mitigate their losses.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

I am with Team Portia on this. I pre-ordered the book, may or may not read it. I will give her a chance. The amount of pressure she must have gone thru... And is still going thru must be immense and not only for her but her family. At this point, I wish her well, partially to show other people, (other trumpsters, for example) there is a way out of darkness. (And how many of us hadn't ended up in a position with red flags flying that we blew thru and then tried to figure out how to extricate ourselves later with as little damage as possible.).
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hey, if I had been thrown into that position when I was 24 I'd have gone completely idiotic.
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yeah, she's young, but a lot of them are old enough to know better.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”