January 6 Select Committee

Gregg

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Gregg »

Just another inconvenient fact, the entire DC National Guard is only 3,400 troops and before you even say it, no, Trump did not have direct authority to call out the Virginia or Maryland Guard.

20,000 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:53 am
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:50 am
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:55 am Was Hannity suggesting that "10000 troops" were to support the coup or to protect the Capitol???

One does need that number to potentially assist local police.
ETA minor snafu on my side, but does not change anything in the grand scheme of things:

The 10000 number was part of a question in the J6 hearing, with reference to Fox News reports. Not Hannity directly, but Hannity above insists that he had interviews at hand where he claims the partners confirm that commands had been given. :cantlook:
https:// www.tiktok.com/@wildandfree365/video/71 ... 6769184046
:eek:

:cantlook: they speak about higher number than they had to retrieve from Afghanistan at that date, and "the generals" already had told him that troop movement do not happen overnight :brickwallsmall:

H/T for the Hannity clip!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

A Noted Palestinian Rebel* wrote:...Father, Forgive them, for they do not know...
*as quoted from original Aramaic translated to Hebrew 100 years later by a Jewish oral historian, translated to Greek, then later transated to Latin, mildly homogenized over 900 years before being translated to local vernaculars in Germanic states and from there to circa late 16th century English where it now resides as the perfect and infallible word of the Almighty God
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Please no one take this as me making fun of Religion, but I am very much making fun of the certain sect of Christianity with bumper stickers (really) that say "The KJVB is the Perfect Word of God"
I knew a guy who referred to it (KJVB) as "The Author's Version".
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

The Trekkie in me can't help but compare it to Roddenberry saying the Klingons were always meant to look like they looked in the late 80s/early 90s TNG/early DS9 days, but they didn't have that kind of budget back when making TOS, so they didn't try. All the later genetic augmentation shoehorning was just that, someone trying to find an in-story reason for an editorial/showrunner retcon.

The Bible was always meant to be in English, you see, but God hadn't invented it yet, so it had to be in some other language until English could come along. Now we hand-wave and make up a script as to why that is.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I may have mentioned it earlier but i actually encountered a guy online who insisted the original (!) scriptures needed to be rewritten to match the only true KJV :brickwallsmall: The guy had a website up arguing his point (likely gone now, it's 15+ years since last seen).
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... exts-jan6/
Text messages for former President Donald Trump’s acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf and acting deputy secretary Ken Cuccinelli are missing for a key period leading up to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, according to four people briefed on the matter and internal emails.

This discovery of missing records for the senior-most homeland security officials, which has not been previously reported, increases the volume of potential evidence that has vanished regarding the time around the Capitol attack.

It comes as both congressional and criminal investigators at the Department of Justice seek to piece together an effort by the president and his allies to overturn the results of the election, which culminated in a pro-Trump rally that became a violent riot in the halls of Congress.

This is a DHS tech issue not an individual official issue. DHS issues iPhones but can’t centrally manage iMessage bc they’re encrypted on the device & Apple makes it hard to access messages. Messaging should be disabled, which is what the White House does.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

One would think that the US government purchasing power would make it possible to get a customized messaging app from Apple that moves content to government secure servers. Or simply to a government owned version of the iCloud for their devices. :think:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Chad, I don't see you citing any inaccuracies. Please let us know what you believe they are and we will be happy to review. We reported the facts, as documented in correspondence with your former agency. 1) Your texts are missing.2) DHS said the reason is they reset your phone.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

You would think someone in the government would have learned something about records management since, you know, the Nixon era.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

cough... cough... since Hillary's emails :twisted:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

For a bunch of people who don't have anything to hide, there sure is a lot of missing data just for that day. Weird.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jan 6 Select Committee member Rep Jamie Raskin: “I just don't know why everybody's texts and emails are suddenly disappearing all at once. So I assume it’s not a technological problem”

Per my teammate
@cbszak
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:39 am One would think that the US government purchasing power would make it possible to get a customized messaging app from Apple that moves content to government secure servers. Or simply to a government owned version of the iCloud for their devices. :think:
You'd think there wouldn't be so many people in critical National Security jobs where you have to figure out it they're stupid or if they're criminals.

I mean, is it just me? :shrug:

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:30 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:39 am One would think that the US government purchasing power would make it possible to get a customized messaging app from Apple that moves content to government secure servers. Or simply to a government owned version of the iCloud for their devices. :think:
You'd think there wouldn't be so many people in critical National Security jobs where you have to figure out it they're stupid or if they're criminals.

I mean, is it just me? :shrug:
The sad thing is that the clearance-holding Federal employee in me is wondering why these people will with certainly keep their damn clearances. I mean, even if nothing outright criminal on a slam dunk case can be asserted because prosecutors get weak in the spine, at the very least, some of these bozos need to lose clearances.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Well, they probably call them the Secret Service for that reason.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... -rcna38615
WASHINGTON — Although the House Jan. 6 committee has presented evidence of the carnage law enforcement faced at the Capitol that day, it has devoted little time to law enforcement's failure to predict and prevent the attack — at least not publicly.

But behind the scenes, sources tell NBC News, those failures have not been forgotten. As the committee prepares for an additional round of public hearings in September, it's expected to put more focus on the intelligence and law enforcement failures at the FBI and Department of Homeland Security that left police woefully underprepared for the mob that stormed the Capitol. Those failures will also be a key component of the committee’s final report on Jan. 6.

One of the online sleuths who has worked with both the Jan. 6 committee and the FBI has a little story that helps illustrate a lot of the bureau’s challenges in the sprawling federal investigation into the Capitol attack and why the bureau didn’t do more to make sure law enforcement was prepared ahead of the Capitol attack, given all the alarm bells that were going off all across the web.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
Gregg wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:32 pm
A Noted Palestinian Rebel* wrote:...Father, Forgive them, for they do not know...
*as quoted from original Aramaic translated to Hebrew 100 years later by a Jewish oral historian, translated to Greek, then later transated to Latin, mildly homogenized over 900 years before being translated to local vernaculars in Germanic states and from there to circa late 16th century English where it now resides as the perfect and infallible word of the Almighty God
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Actually you are probably inaccurate with the "local Germanic Tribes" bit. The first old English translation of the Gospels was in the 9th century, and people like St Columbanus are credited for bringing Christianity, Mathematics and learning in General back into Europe after the Roman empire collapsed, from the British Isles. Being from Ireland we of course take the lions share of the credit (us being "the Island of Saints and Scholars") for bringing knowledge back into Europe, but I'm sure there's English scholars that I don't know about that did good work too.

https://www.worldhistory.org/Saint_Columbanus/

Point is there is no reason for any vector at all via Germanic tribes, as the British Isles had a long tradition Vernacular Gospels of its own. Its just a story to tie everything to Luthor I would guess. Anyway There was a Catholic English Translation of the Bible 30 years before the King James one, and that was 70 years after the first full English translation.

Taking the King James as being a massive historical event is just not accurate. There were a lot of English translations before that, and (ya I'm bristling a bit at the suggestion) they didn't need Local Germans to help them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_E ... anslations
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Tyndale?

I only came in to the Reformation after the first commercial break so I'm a little fuzzy on the Latin to English route. I know Cardinal Woolsey and Sir Thomas More had quite a few BBQ's, then Henry VIII had quite a few wives than Mary had some proper bonfires and just when James was about to make them all start over they got tired of killing everybody off every 20 years they just standardized an English version and told the kids to behave and let them sleep. Luther was in there somewhere, pretty sure towards the beginning of the outdoor cooking fad.

Or something like that.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Let's stop the threadjack and get back to law enforcement and FBI failures on J6.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

First Jan. 6 defendant convicted at trial receives longest sentence of 7 years
Guy Reffitt was a recruiter for the Texas Three Percenters who was found guilty of coming armed to the riot, threatening his children and leading a mob that broke in to the U.S. Capitol
The first U.S. Capitol riot defendant convicted at trial was sentenced to more than seven years in prison Monday, the longest punishment handed down to date over the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on Congress.

Guy Reffitt, a recruiter for the right-wing Texas Three Percenters movement, was convicted March 8 of five felony offenses, including obstruction of Congress as it met to certify the 2020 election result, interfering with police and carrying a firearm to a riot, and threatening his teenage son, who turned him in to the FBI. Prosecutors said Reffitt led a mob while armed at the Capitol and asked a judge to sentence him to 15 years after applying a terrorism sentencing penalty.

U.S. District Judge Dabney L. Friedrich condemned Reffitt’s conduct in handing down an 87-month sentence, saying in a nearly six-hour-long hearing that his views espousing political violence were “absurd,” “delusional” and “way outside of the mainstream.”

What Reffitt and others did at the Capitol “is the antithesis of patriotism,” Friedrich said, adding: “Not only are they not patriots, they are a direct threat to our democracy, and will be punished as such.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... ence-jan6/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New email obtained by Chairs Maloney and Thompson:

The Department of Homeland Security's watchdog agency, which in February 2021 requested all Secret Service text messages sent around Jan. 6, 2021, withdrew the request five months later. https://bit.ly/3zmd8q1
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

.@MarkLevinshow
: The Eastman memos & fake elector scheme are indefensible. On the memos: Eastman took the opposite legal position a month before the election; he knew all 9 Justices would rule against him; & he admitted it was illegal in an Oval Office meeting & afterwards. (1/3)

Cheney’s thread follows a lengthy argument from Levin last night contending the false elector plan was legitimate. https://mediamatters.org/january-6-insu ... ight-think

One thing Levin didn’t mention was…

Eastman identified Levin in court filings as a collaborator on various legal matters, including during the post-election period in 2020. Eastman attempted to shield a dozen emails with Levin from Jan. 6 committee investigators.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:jawdrop: I find it hard to believe that the GREAT ONE MARK LEVIN played fast and loose with the facts. :lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”