January 6 Select Committee

p0rtia

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by p0rtia »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:36 pm What the Hel would there be to investigate Pelosi for?
They claim that she was in charge of the CPF. So 1) their failings* are her failings, and 2) they claim she was aware of the danger and purposefully downplayed it and prevented the CPF from having extra officers at the Capitol on Jan 6.

IMO, Cheney's response was pure gold.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:36 pm What the Hel would there be to investigate Pelosi for?
By that measure then McConnell should be investigated. But notice Brett didn't mention McConnell by name.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:45 pm
That's been one of their talking points to deflect from tfg, it's Pelosi's fault for not securing the capitol, call in National Guard, etc. :roll:
That's some hefty bullshit right there...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:10 pm
Kendra wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:45 pm
That's been one of their talking points to deflect from tfg, it's Pelosi's fault for not securing the capitol, call in National Guard, etc. :roll:
That's some hefty bullshit right there...
Yep. Watch enough Fox like I do (why?), and lose count of how many times McCarthy, Scalise and Stefanik to name three have slung it :shit:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:35 pm Pence was worried (with reason) that some of his SS agents were more loyal to tfg than to protecting him. That is pretty scary.
as difficult as it is to say… i’m going to give Pence the benefit of the doubt, here. I think that he was aware that the Secret Service mission was to protect him and that, that mission was in conflict with what needed to be done at that moment.
June bug

Post by June bug »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:40 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:35 pm Pence was worried (with reason) that some of his SS agents were more loyal to tfg than to protecting him. That is pretty scary.
as difficult as it is to say… i’m going to give Pence the benefit of the doubt, here. I think that he was aware that the Secret Service mission was to protect him and that, that mission was in conflict with what needed to be done at that moment.
I agree. He didn’t intend to be evacuated and he thought they might very well do that if he got in the car.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

If I had a cent for every time I've heard "Pelosi blocked Trump from sending reinforcements to the Capital" on the Snopes page on facebook, I could order a good amount of Starbucks coffees.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Has anyone bothered to check how many Capitol Police Officers were let have the day off on Jan 6th, and of them, how many were days off personally approved by the Speaker of the House?

Cause until you have those numbers you can phuck all the way off with "It was Pelosi's fault".
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:50 pm Has anyone bothered to check how many Capitol Police Officers were let have the day off on Jan 6th, and of them, how many were days off personally approved by the Speaker of the House?

Cause until you have those numbers you can phuck all the way off with "It was Pelosi's fault".
:rimshot:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gregg, that's hilarious. Gave you a h/t, didn't have enough room to include Lt Col Root Beer & Lt Biscuit. Miss them so much! And miss you on Twitter.

Realized putting the Twitter handles of Fogbowzers... no reason we couldn't have a Twitter thread for all of us to snark in. It's a wide audience, we're funny af, and we could promote the forum on there. It would be easy to make, just need a few starter tweets to fit all the handles... we'd just need a starter topic to kick it off. Have seen those kinds of group Twitter conversations, they can be really cool and funny.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I am hard banned from twitter because I called EmptyGee a Nazi. I'm pretty sure the Nazi's complained.

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gregg, do you use a VPN? That makes it really easy. Otherwise, it also works to keep pushing Twitter, most bans are automated, when you write and get a support ticket human, they clear it up quickly. Check this out: https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-yo ... r-accounts
How to unsuspend your Twitter account
If you think that your account was mistakenly suspended, you may be able to unsuspend it.
Take steps to unsuspend your account. If you log in and see prompts that ask you to provide your phone number or confirm your email address, follow the instructions to get your account unsuspended.
Are you seeing a message that your account is locked? Your account may also be temporarily disabled in response to reports of spammy or abusive behavior. For example, you may be prevented from Tweeting from your account for a specific period of time or you may be asked to verify certain information about yourself before proceeding. Get help unlocking your account.
File an appeal and we may be able to unsuspend your account. If you are unable to unsuspend your own account using the instructions above and you think that we made a mistake suspending or locking your account, you can appeal. First, log in to the account that is suspended. Then, open a new browser tab and file an appeal.
Here's the appeal link, took 3-4 times but then it went to a human and was unlocked almost immediately: https://help.twitter.com/forms/general? ... =suspended

To be permabanned you have to have like 5 strikes and they tell you that, I have a feeling you will easily get back on. Include photos of Lt Col Root Beer and Col Biscuit! They will never be able to resist that (or the threat from the 699th). We need you back!!

Rolling Stone:
A Sunday Miracle: Fox News Audience Exposed to Jan. 6 Truth During Liz Cheney Interview
“Look, it’s not just me that is saying that Donald Trump is unfit for office. It’s other entities owned by Rupert Murdoch,” Cheney said
By PETER WADE

In a rare moment on Fox News, its viewers heard the truth about Jan. 6 — thanks to Rep. Liz Cheney, one of two sitting Republicans on the committee investigating the Capitol attack. Despite Bret Baier’s attempts to push the Fox/Trump narrative that the Jan. 6 committee is biased and a sham, Cheney debunked talking point after talking point. Early in the interview, Baier tried to pin some of the blame for Jan. 6 on Democratic leadership and Capitol Police. “What will the committee’s report have to say about why the assets, like the National Guard, weren’t prepped and ready? Is there testimony already gathered on Speaker Pelosi’s decisions or the Sergeant at Arms of the House and Senate on that regard?” he asked.

“We have an entire team — we have five different teams in the investigation — one of them is totally focused on all of those issues of security at the Capitol and the response of Capitol Police, the response of the National Guard, the response of the Capitol Police board, what was going on at the Pentagon that day,” Cheney said. “It’s an entire focus of the investigation, you will see it in our report, you will likely see an upcoming hearing.” Then she brought down the hammer: “But what we aren’t gonna do, Bret, is blame the Capitol Police, blame those in law enforcement, for Donald Trump’s armed mob that he sent to the Capitol.” “OK, but do you have…” Baier said, trying to interrupt. But Cheney continued, “Clearly there were intelligence failures. Clearly the security should have operated better than it did. But this was a mob that Donald Trump sent to the Capitol, and I think that’s important to keep our eye on.”

Cheney also debunked Baier’s assertion that Trump offered National Guard troops to defend the Capitol, citing public testimony by Trump’s own acting secretary of defense at the time, Chris Miller. “We also know that on Jan. 6 while the attack was underway, Donald Trump did not place a single phone call to anyone at the Pentagon. He didn’t place a single phone call to anyone at the Justice Department to say, ‘Deploy law enforcement,'” Cheney said, adding, “The notion that somehow he issued an order is not consistent with the facts.” Cheney then shot down Baier’s attempts to paint the committee as unfair because the other side can’t “put forth a defense, there is no cross-examination” and because the Republican members of the committee were not nominated by their own party. The congresswoman responded by pointing out that GOP House Minority Kevin McCarthy himself said that a “bipartisan outside committee” should investigate the attack but that he later withdrew his support and influenced the Senate’s rejection of a bill that would establish an outside investigation.

“After he negotiated with the Democrats and got all of the terms he wanted, he pulled the rug out from under the Republicans who were supporting it and made sure that it was defeated in the Senate,” Cheney said. “Once the outside, bipartisan commission was defeated, the only alternative left to us was this committee.” McCarthy also withdrew all of his nominations to the committee after Pelosi rejected two of them “with good reason,” she added. “The notion now that somehow the committee is incapable of getting to the facts of what happened because Kevin McCarthy withdrew his nominees is nonsensical,” Cheney said before pointing out that all of the witnesses so far have been Republicans.

Later in the interview, Cheney pointedly noted that other conservative media outlets run by Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch have characterized Trump as unfit for office. “Look, it’s not just me that is saying that Donald Trump is unfit for office. It’s other entities owned by Rupert Murdoch,” Cheney said. “It’s the New York Post in their editorial on Friday. It’s the Wall Street Journal — said the same thing after our hearing on Thursday night.” Thursday night’s hearing included testimony from two former White House staff members who resigned in the wake of the attack and focused on Trump’s damning inaction while the Capitol was under siege. The committee has recessed for the month of August but has promised more hearings when it reconvenes in September.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... s-1387407/

Here's the interview on YouTube:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

“Look, it’s not just me that is saying that Donald Trump is unfit for office. It’s other entities owned by Rupert Murdoch,” Cheney said.

I didn't know Cheney was one of the entities that was owned by Rupert.. :whistle:
He does own a lot of people... :shrug:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-25/ ... /101265814

January 6 committee eyes former Trump officials for coming hearings

The US congressional committee investigating the January 6 attack says it will interview more former cabinet secretaries and is prepared to subpoena the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

Key points:
Members of Donald Trump's administration resigned following the January 6 riots
Questions remain about missing Secret Service texts from the day of the Capitol riots
The committee has requested an interview with conservative activist Ginni Thomas
The panel says it is deepening its inquiry into the conduct of former president Donald Trump after a series of eight hearings in June and July, which culminated in a prime-time session last week.

It plans to interview additional witnesses and reconvene in September to resume laying out its findings to the public.

"We anticipate talking to additional members of the [former] president's cabinet," Liz Cheney, the committee's Republican vice-chair, said.

"We anticipate talking to additional members of his campaign. Certainly, we're very focused as well on the Secret Service."

Ms Cheney did not identify the Trump administration officials who might come forward, but the committee has previously shown interest in speaking to those believed to have considered trying to remove Mr Trump from office after the January 6 riot.

etc
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

orlylicious wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:44 pm Gregg, do you use a VPN? That makes it really easy. Otherwise, it also works to keep pushing Twitter, most bans are automated, when you write and get a support ticket human, they clear it up quickly. Check this out: https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-yo ... r-accounts
How to unsuspend your Twitter account
If you think that your account was mistakenly suspended, you may be able to unsuspend it.
Take steps to unsuspend your account. If you log in and see prompts that ask you to provide your phone number or confirm your email address, follow the instructions to get your account unsuspended.
Are you seeing a message that your account is locked? Your account may also be temporarily disabled in response to reports of spammy or abusive behavior. For example, you may be prevented from Tweeting from your account for a specific period of time or you may be asked to verify certain information about yourself before proceeding. Get help unlocking your account.
File an appeal and we may be able to unsuspend your account. If you are unable to unsuspend your own account using the instructions above and you think that we made a mistake suspending or locking your account, you can appeal. First, log in to the account that is suspended. Then, open a new browser tab and file an appeal.
Here's the appeal link, took 3-4 times but then it went to a human and was unlocked almost immediately: https://help.twitter.com/forms/general? ... =suspended

To be permabanned you have to have like 5 strikes and they tell you that, I have a feeling you will easily get back on. Include photos of Lt Col Root Beer and Col Biscuit! They will never be able to resist that (or the threat from the 699th). We need you back!!

Rolling Stone:
A Sunday Miracle: Fox News Audience Exposed to Jan. 6 Truth During Liz Cheney Interview
“Look, it’s not just me that is saying that Donald Trump is unfit for office. It’s other entities owned by Rupert Murdoch,” Cheney said
By PETER WADE

In a rare moment on Fox News, its viewers heard the truth about Jan. 6 — thanks to Rep. Liz Cheney, one of two sitting Republicans on the committee investigating the Capitol attack. Despite Bret Baier’s attempts to push the Fox/Trump narrative that the Jan. 6 committee is biased and a sham, Cheney debunked talking point after talking point. Early in the interview, Baier tried to pin some of the blame for Jan. 6 on Democratic leadership and Capitol Police. “What will the committee’s report have to say about why the assets, like the National Guard, weren’t prepped and ready? Is there testimony already gathered on Speaker Pelosi’s decisions or the Sergeant at Arms of the House and Senate on that regard?” he asked.

“We have an entire team — we have five different teams in the investigation — one of them is totally focused on all of those issues of security at the Capitol and the response of Capitol Police, the response of the National Guard, the response of the Capitol Police board, what was going on at the Pentagon that day,” Cheney said. “It’s an entire focus of the investigation, you will see it in our report, you will likely see an upcoming hearing.” Then she brought down the hammer: “But what we aren’t gonna do, Bret, is blame the Capitol Police, blame those in law enforcement, for Donald Trump’s armed mob that he sent to the Capitol.” “OK, but do you have…” Baier said, trying to interrupt. But Cheney continued, “Clearly there were intelligence failures. Clearly the security should have operated better than it did. But this was a mob that Donald Trump sent to the Capitol, and I think that’s important to keep our eye on.”

Cheney also debunked Baier’s assertion that Trump offered National Guard troops to defend the Capitol, citing public testimony by Trump’s own acting secretary of defense at the time, Chris Miller. “We also know that on Jan. 6 while the attack was underway, Donald Trump did not place a single phone call to anyone at the Pentagon. He didn’t place a single phone call to anyone at the Justice Department to say, ‘Deploy law enforcement,'” Cheney said, adding, “The notion that somehow he issued an order is not consistent with the facts.” Cheney then shot down Baier’s attempts to paint the committee as unfair because the other side can’t “put forth a defense, there is no cross-examination” and because the Republican members of the committee were not nominated by their own party. The congresswoman responded by pointing out that GOP House Minority Kevin McCarthy himself said that a “bipartisan outside committee” should investigate the attack but that he later withdrew his support and influenced the Senate’s rejection of a bill that would establish an outside investigation.

“After he negotiated with the Democrats and got all of the terms he wanted, he pulled the rug out from under the Republicans who were supporting it and made sure that it was defeated in the Senate,” Cheney said. “Once the outside, bipartisan commission was defeated, the only alternative left to us was this committee.” McCarthy also withdrew all of his nominations to the committee after Pelosi rejected two of them “with good reason,” she added. “The notion now that somehow the committee is incapable of getting to the facts of what happened because Kevin McCarthy withdrew his nominees is nonsensical,” Cheney said before pointing out that all of the witnesses so far have been Republicans.

Later in the interview, Cheney pointedly noted that other conservative media outlets run by Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch have characterized Trump as unfit for office. “Look, it’s not just me that is saying that Donald Trump is unfit for office. It’s other entities owned by Rupert Murdoch,” Cheney said. “It’s the New York Post in their editorial on Friday. It’s the Wall Street Journal — said the same thing after our hearing on Thursday night.” Thursday night’s hearing included testimony from two former White House staff members who resigned in the wake of the attack and focused on Trump’s damning inaction while the Capitol was under siege. The committee has recessed for the month of August but has promised more hearings when it reconvenes in September.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... s-1387407/

Here's the interview on YouTube:

I think I was targeted by various flying monkeys who saw my EmptyGee comment. I had never been suspended before the total permanent ban and to be honest I' actually guessing at what I did because despite appealing several times I have never gotten anyone to even show me what post was the mortal threat to civilization that warranted the whole thing.

I may try again, but honestly, how much effort to I want to put into responding to idiots? I can read what I want to and maybe its better I don't get to say anything because I don't need to waste more time. I dunno, we'll see.

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

After 2 years of permanent suspension and four denied appeals I was able to create a new account but not revive the suspended one.

Twitter sucks.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dave from down under wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:23 pm “Look, it’s not just me that is saying that Donald Trump is unfit for office. It’s other entities owned by Rupert Murdoch,” Cheney said.

I didn't know Cheney was one of the entities that was owned by Rupert.. :whistle:
He does own a lot of people... :shrug:
Begs the question of when did Soros sell TheFogBow to Murdoch :?: Who harrassed Soros to finally get a real paycheck :?:

:twisted:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
I got suspended once for calling Tomi Lahren a bimbo (Narrator: She is a bimbo) so I created an account just for insulting right-wing arseholes. Thus, my main account is kept safe. I won't post anything on my main account that I wouldn't want my mom to see. Then I blistered people with my disposable account, and if Twitter wanted to bane me, hell with 'em. But I eventually tired of it and deleted all the posts. I never even got suspended on that one.

Orlylicious is a real source of good information above. We do have another expert on dealing with Twitter bans, and it's GreatGrey. He fought them for years and won.

I'm glad I didn't delete any accounts because of Elongated Musk Ox.

Some seriously brilliant people are on Twitter, and I still enjoy it.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Soliloquy:

To be suspended,
Or not to be suspended,
That is the question.
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous suspension,
Or to take arms against a sea of complaints...
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:20 pm I am hard banned from twitter because I called EmptyGee a Nazi. I'm pretty sure the Nazi's complained.
To be fair, they at least were entertaining in The Blues Brothers.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Jan. 6 committee member Elaine Luria releases unseen video of depositions and exhibits showing Trump crossed out line in prepared remarks on 1/7 that he would call on DOJ to prosecute Capitol attack rioters — via
@RepElaineLuria
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:06 pm
Gregg wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:20 pm I am hard banned from twitter because I called EmptyGee a Nazi. I'm pretty sure the Nazi's complained.
Those were Illinois Nazis, they are a whole different breed than Georgia Nazis. :mrgreen:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:08 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:06 pm
Those were Illinois Nazis, they are a whole different breed than Georgia Nazis. :mrgreen:

:yeahthat:

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

They found Hillary's emails.... ;)

Deleted text messages from Jan 6 found on 10 Secret Service staff phones, report says
Capitol riot committee and federal agency investigating missing messages

Alex Woodward New York
2 days ago

The US Secret Service has identified missing text messages in connection with the Capitol riots on the phones of 10 agency personnel, according to a report from CNN.

The federal agency is probing phones that contain metadata showing that the messages were sent and received on or around 6 January 2021, the network reported on 23 July.

An investigation followed a letter from an inspector general at the US Department of Homeland Security – first reported by The Intercept and shared by the House select committee investigating the attack on the US Capitol – finding that messages from agency personnel were missing or erased.

The Secret Service – the agency responsible for protecting the president and senior officials – told the office of the inspector general that a trove of messages was deleted as part of a “device-replacement“ programme.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 29897.html

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”