January 6 Select Committee

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by raison de arizona »

During last Thursday's Prime-time Jan 6 hearing how many people watched Tucker Carlson? 3.3 million. How many watched Jan 6 hearings on MSNBC & CNN? 8 million. Almost three times the # of people want to learn the truth about Trump's Jan 6 attack then hear Carlson defend Jan 6
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:winner: :cheer2: :cheer1: :bunny:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I put no faith in viewer ratings numbers. I don't have cable TV and watched the hearings on my local PBS station over the air-- not trackable.
raison de arizona

Too, also, I believe the wrong people are watching. I suspect a lot of preaching to the converted.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

To remove any doubt: Not only did Donald Trump fail to contact his Secretary of Defense on January 6th (as shown in our hearing), Trump also failed to give any order prior to January 6 to deploy the military to protect the Capitol.

Here is Secretary Miller’s testimony—
Edit: Well, surprise, surprise.

Hannity Last Week: Four of them, I have on tape on this program… Two or the people testified to that committee under oath they were in the room when Trump made this authorization
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Was Hannity suggesting that "10000 troops" were to support the coup or to protect the Capitol???

One does need that number to potentially assist local police.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ten thousand troops is an Infantry Division.

No one was going to send an Infantry Division into the District of Columbia.

There haven't been that many armed troops there since the Civil War.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

We are supposed to believe that Donald Trump thought his supporters were so potentially dangerous that it would require 10,000 troops to be on alert and ready to go at a moment's notice?

Oh, wait. I almost forgot. In spite of the fact that Joe Biden was officially recognized as president-elect, "Antifa" and Black Lives Matter were, for some unknown reason, going to become an angry, rampaging mob on or around January 6th. For Fox audiences I guess this is easy to believe.

I will post, in another thread, an oldie but goodie article that explains the various techniques Fox uses to brainwash their viewers. The article of is from 2011. According to the author, the top technique is panic mongering. The main purpose of fear/panic mongering is that it puts the audience into a psychological state of "fight or flight" which turns off the rational brain. That makes it easy for Fox viewers to simultaneously believe that Antifa and BLM are on the "side" that stole the election, giving them exactly what they want, but they will still congregate in large enough numbers and cause enough mayhem that 10,000 troops will be required to be on the ready. :brickwallsmall:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:18 am Ten thousand troops is an Infantry Division.

That's what makes Trump's story so laughable, really. He, of course, as our nation's commander-in-chief of the armed forces, had (and still has) no idea in hell what it would involve to move an infantry division into our nation's capital. Hoo boy. :shock:

And why would he want an infantry division in DC anyway? Howzabout instead of that, he tells the crowd that he lost the election (Narrator: He lost the election) and to go home and not try to invade the Capitol, huh? He coulda done that instead of telling the crowd to invade the Capitol and then bringing in an infantry division to stop them, maybe, huh?

Okay, and we know he wanted ten thousand troops to fight his own supporters, but how many of his own supporters did he want killed so he could claim they were martyrs? I forget. :confuzzled:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:55 am Was Hannity suggesting that "10000 troops" were to support the coup or to protect the Capitol???

ETA minor snafu on my side, but does not change anything in the grand scheme of things:

The 10000 number was part of a question in the J6 hearing, with reference to Fox News reports. Not Hannity directly, but Hannity above insists that he had interviews at hand where he claims the partners confirm that commands had been given. :cantlook:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RVInit wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:31 am We are supposed to believe that Donald Trump thought his supporters were so potentially dangerous that it would require 10,000 troops to be on alert and ready to go at a moment's notice?

Oh, wait. I almost forgot. In spite of the fact that Joe Biden was officially recognized as president-elect, "Antifa" and Black Lives Matter were, for some unknown reason, going to become an angry, rampaging mob on or around January 6th. For Fox audiences I guess this is easy to believe.

I will post, in another thread, an oldie but goodie article that explains the various techniques Fox uses to brainwash their viewers. The article of is from 2011. According to the author, the top technique is panic mongering. The main purpose of fear/panic mongering is that it puts the audience into a psychological state of "fight or flight" which turns off the rational brain. That makes it easy for Fox viewers to simultaneously believe that Antifa and BLM are on the "side" that stole the election, giving them exactly what they want, but they will still congregate in large enough numbers and cause enough mayhem that 10,000 troops will be required to be on the ready. :brickwallsmall:

Maybe not Fox News, but that campaign tactic is used heavily on social media click bait. Stories about teenaged (white) girls getting tossed in white vans and kidnapped parking lots after a twist tie was put on their wiper blade, or a bag on the mirror or a bottle on the tire. Breathless accounts of guys walking around (white) neighborhoods asking random girls questions until the white van (the guy with the white van has a booming business) pulls up and BANG, little girl is now being trafficked in Singapore or Mexico.
I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but you know what I'm talking about. Sensational stories that cannot be verified that just generally make scared and convince you that just down the street the outdoors is like a red light district in Bangkok where woman and children are abducted, good upright citizens are robbed and beaten (they must have left their AR 15 at home that day on their trip to the grocery) and the unsaid premise that SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!

Once you start looking at it, it's quite obvious, Even the "Starting tomorrow Facebook is gonna deep fake all you photos and make them nudes and show them to your neighbors unless you copy and paste this word for word script saying they do not have permission to show your posts (they do, you gave it to them when you signed up) is the same thing, FEAR, but no worry, WE HAVE THE SOLUTION.

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:50 am
Gregg wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:18 am Ten thousand troops is an Infantry Division.

That's what makes Trump's story so laughable, really. He, of course, as our nation's commander-in-chief of the armed forces, had (and still has) no idea in hell what it would involve to move an infantry division into our nation's capital. Hoo boy. :shock:
I doubt most presidents knew what it would have involved, with the possible exception of Eisenhower. The difference between Trump and all the other presidents is they didn't babble about stuff they did not understand (well, not too often). He just says stuff without any actual attachment to reality. He has no filter.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

northland10 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:40 pm
Foggy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:50 am

I doubt most presidents knew what it would have involved, with the possible exception of Eisenhower. The difference between Trump and all the other presidents is they didn't babble about stuff they did not understand (well, not too often). He just says stuff without any actual attachment to reality. He has no filter.
:fingerwag: tfg knows more than generals about the military. Just ask him, he's said so repeatedly.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:50 am
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:55 am Was Hannity suggesting that "10000 troops" were to support the coup or to protect the Capitol???

ETA minor snafu on my side, but does not change anything in the grand scheme of things:

The 10000 number was part of a question in the J6 hearing, with reference to Fox News reports. Not Hannity directly, but Hannity above insists that he had interviews at hand where he claims the partners confirm that commands had been given. :cantlook:

It's "Urban Gospel" now, the figure has been tossed around so many times by (to them) trusted sources that Jesus Diego Christo* himself could not convince them it is wrong.

But just for reference, this, is a battalion of the 101st.. It is roughly 1/9 of the 101st combat non aviation troops. The 101st is Air Assault which makes it a light Infantry Division so a regular Infantry Division would have about 10 times as many people and several hundred armored vehicles,

*Lord and Savior, King of Kings, Messiah, Host of Hosts as well as a passable Shortstop in the Dodgers minor league system

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gregg, how does that compare to the 699th? Besides not having the Eagle on the flag.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

So, tfg was planning on this becoming a traditional banana republic military coup, then?

Is that the story now?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Mick Mulvaney will testify Thursday before House Jan. 6 committee
raison de arizona

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

How long before Meadows and his elk realize tfg will use them as fall guys?
June bug

Post by June bug »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:36 pm How long before Meadows and his elk realize tfg will use them as fall guys?
The evidence has been in plain sight for years. If they haven’t realized it by now, they never will.
raison de arizona

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

June bug wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:44 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:36 pm How long before Meadows and his elk realize tfg will use them as fall guys?
The evidence has been in plain sight for years. If they haven’t realized it by now, they never will.
Meadows isn't the sharpest tool in the drawer. Even a drawer full of rubber balls.
Gregg, how does that compare to the 699th? Besides not having the Eagle on the flag.
Having served in both the 101st (3rd Bttn 101st AVN Rgmt as well as well as 1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry) and of course the 699th, I would say the wieners are more deadly. You have not known terror until you hear the distant whop whop whop of helicopters, the soft puff of tiny parachutes opening and looking up to see snarling sausage dogs of death, the last thing you see in this life... :rotflmao:

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RVInit wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:31 am We are supposed to believe that Donald Trump thought his supporters were so potentially dangerous that it would require 10,000 troops to be on alert and ready to go at a moment's notice?

The same one who, as we now know, didn't even want magnetometers because he believed his people weren't a threat.
Well, have you seem what some sportsball fans do when their teams *win*? It's projection.
The Enemy is simultanously stupid enough to be wrong about everything, evil enough to be so maliciously, and cunning enough to win. Again, projection.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:50 am

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”