January 6 Select Committee

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Guilfoyle thought "Ali Akbar" (Ali Alexander) was "what terrorists yell"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

!! Stephanie Grisham says White House Chief Usher tried to help Biden team during transition, to prepare their move into White House. Grisham says word of usher's attempt got back to Trump (Grisham implicates Secret Service) Grisham says Trump & Mark Meadows wanted to fire usher
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kimberly.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (31.64 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:41 pmKimberly.
That's priceless. Trying to sound like the single mother supporting her child by, say, working at the dollar store. So much in common.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Jan. 6 Transcripts Shed New Light on How Trump Considered Blanket Pardons
The transcripts build on a growing body of evidence about the extent to which many in Mr. Trump’s orbit were seeking pardons after the 2021 attack on the Capitol.

By Luke Broadwater, Catie Edmondson and Stephanie Lai
Dec. 27, 2022

WASHINGTON — The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol released on Tuesday 18 additional transcripts that provided more details about how former President Donald J. Trump considered “blanket pardons” for those charged in connection with the Capitol riot, and how several of his top political allies pushed unsuccessfully to be included in such pardons.

The transcripts, which come from the committee’s trove of hundreds of interviews, build on a growing body of evidence about the extent to which many in Mr. Trump’s orbit, including rioters, White House staffers, Republican members of Congress and some of the president’s own lawyers were seeking pardons after the events of Jan. 6, 2021.

Johnny McEntee, Mr. Trump’s director of personnel, recalled in an interview how, during his final days in office, the former president had floated the idea of a “blanket pardon” for the breach of the Capitol, but Pat A. Cipollone, the White House counsel, had rejected it.

“Cipollone said no,” Mr. McEntee recalled. “One day when we walked into the Oval, I remember it was being discussed, and I remember the president saying, ‘Well, what if I pardoned the people that weren’t violent, that just walked in the building?’ And I think the White House counsel gave him some pushback.”

Mr. McEntee recalled Mr. Cipollone also rejected Mr. Trump’s idea that all White House staff should be pardoned, even those who had played no role in the president’s push to overturn the 2020 election.

“I remember Cipollone questioning on that, ‘Well, why does anyone need a pardon?’” Mr. McEntee recalled, adding that the president had responded, “‘Well, just so they can’t go after them for any little thing.’ And I think Cipollone said, ‘Yeah, but no one here has done anything wrong.’”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/27/us/p ... rdons.html
Gift link https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/27/us/p ... =share-url
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:51 am
Guilfoyle thought "Ali Akbar" (Ali Alexander) was "what terrorists yell"
As opposed to the rest of us who believe he's a terrorist what yells.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In deposition transcript, former Trump aide Alyssa Farah Griffin shares some particularly sharp criticism of former Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany
"I am a Christian woman, so I will say this.. Kayleigh is a liar and an opportunist".. wasn't "true believer" in election claims
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:51 pm
Former Trump White House aide told Jan. 6 panel Mark Meadows burned documents a dozen times during the transition period

By Jeremy Herb, Marshall Cohen, Hannah Rabinowitz, Geneva Sands, Veronica Stracqualursi, Kate Sullivan and Kristen Holmes, CNN
Updated 10:08 AM EST, Wed December 28, 2022

Washington (CNN) — The January 6 committee released another batch of transcripts Tuesday, including two more of its interviews with blockbuster witness Cassidy Hutchinson and testimony from several other Trump White House officials.

The transcripts shed new light on how then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows regularly burned documents during the transition period, according to Hutchinson. She also described how Meadows occasionally told staffers to keep some Oval Office meetings “close hold” and potentially omitted from official records.

There were also additional details about Hutchinson’s dueling loyalties that led her to ultimately switch lawyers and provide damning testimony about what she saw and heard at the White House after the 2020 election.

The latest cache of transcripts also revealed some of the rumors, gossip and wild conspiracies that were floating around the White House – including conversations about QAnon conspiracies – while then-President Donald Trump refused to concede and tried to overturn the election results.

Meadows told White House staffers to keep some Oval Office meetings “close hold” during the transition period, potentially leaving meetings off the books, according to Hutchinson, who was a top Meadows aide.

Hutchinson also testified that there “were certain things that had potentially been left off” the Oval Office diary.

Hutchinson said she recalled Meadows having a meeting at the end of November or early December 2020 in which he told outer Oval Office staffers: “Let’s keep some meetings close hold. We will talk about what that means, but for now we will keep things real tight and private so things don’t start to leak out.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/27/poli ... index.html
Am I correct in thinking the last guy to burn White House documents in his fireplace was E. Howard Hunt? How'd that turn out for him?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Don't think so. But L. Patrick Grey burned a bunch o' documents (faked CIA dox) at home with the Christmas wrapping papers.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Trump lawyer: Subpoena was ‘assault’ on Constitution

Former President Donald Trump’s top lawyer in his fight with the House Jan. 6 committee declared victory Thursday in forcing the panel to withdraw its subpoena on the former president, which she called an assault on the separation of powers.

“President Trump,” Harmeet Dhillon told Secrets, “defended the doctrine of separation of powers and the independence of the presidency. The committee’s subpoena, clearly issued for political purposes, was an assault on those principles, and if allowed to stand, threatened the independence of the Executive Branch itself in our carefully balanced system of government."
:snippity:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... nstitution

https://twitter.com/pnjaban/status/1608266020480770049
Harmeet K. Dhillon @pnjaban wrote: 1/ BREAKING! After my firm filed suit on separation of powers grounds to block January 6 House Select Committee’s illegitimate subpoena to President Trump over his activities while president— the committee waved the white flag & withdrew subpoena. We were confident of victory/

2/in court, given precedent & refusal of prior presidents to testify in Congress.J6 committee wasted millions for a purely political witch-hunt, total abuse of process & power serving no legitimate legislative purpose. Kudos to my outstanding @dhillonlaw colleagues for the win!
It’s almost like they’ve completely forgotten about the DOJ.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Where in the hell does he get his attorneys? :eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

What DOJ?

Oh, right....
Waiting for Indictment.jpg
Waiting for Indictment.jpg (31.96 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:35 pm Where in the hell does he get his attorneys? :eek:
That’s the leading challenger for the RNC Chair, FWIW.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

Post by much ado »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:35 pm Where in the hell does he get his attorneys? :eek:
That's easy. One comes in every box.

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It'd be almost amusing if the January 6 Cmte. and/or DOJ has electronic versions of whatever Meadows was burning. Burning paper seems so 1970s.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Overstock founder flew Proud Boys to rally supporting Trump in days after 2020 election, Jan. 6 committee finds
Patrick Byrne, a close ally of Donald Trump and the former head of the Utah-based internet retailer, covered the cost of a private jet for the ex-chairman of the Proud Boys to gather with prominent, far-right Trump supporters.

By Emily Anderson Stern
Dec. 29, 2022, 2:00 p.m.

Comment

The founder and former CEO of Utah-based Overstock, Patrick Byrne, paid for a group of Proud Boys to fly to Washington, D.C., on a private jet to attend a rally held in support of Donald Trump in the days following the president’s defeat in the 2020 election, according to the House Jan. 6 committee’s final report.

Among those on the plane was Enrique Tarrio, the then-chairman of Proud Boys. The revelation was cited as having come from a meeting between congressional investigators and Byrne in July. The transcript of that interview is not among those so far released by the Jan. 6 committee.

According to the committee’s report, Tarrio’s presence at the gathering, which took place on Nov. 14, 2020, “provided a chance for Tarrio to socialize with rally leaders and far-right celebrities.” He met “Stop the Steal” leader Ali Alexander, “InfoWars” hosts Alex Jones and Owen Shroyer. In an interview with investigators, Tarrio called a picture he took with the men “historic.”

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/20 ... lew-proud/
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Byrne should be indicted.

Oh they released the ray Epps transcripts today
https://january6th.house.gov/sites/demo ... 20Epps.pdf
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:17 pm It'd be almost amusing if the January 6 Cmte. and/or DOJ has electronic versions of whatever Meadows was burning. Burning paper seems so 1970s.
It’s actually a thing in the government, but it usually doesn’t take place in the fireplace in one’s office. When I was a radio operator early in my career we had industrial shredders that turned paper into dust. But I also worked at a few places where you’d put no-longer-needed copies of classified documents into burn-bags, and the document destruction folks would come around and collect them periodically and take them to be shredded or incinerated or whatever the local procedure called for.
► Show Spoiler
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

FLASH:

Jan 6 Select Committee releases transcripts of depositions with Ginni Thomas, Rudy Giuliani, Jason Miller, Jared Kushner, Mick Mulvaney and others
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Ginni Thomas! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New: Trump deputy chief Tony Ornato testified to Jan. 6 committee that he still had his USSS phone and email even after he crossed over from the agency to work in the admin — but says he wasn’t on any USSS listservs (p35)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:43 pm Don't think so. But L. Patrick Grey burned a bunch o' documents (faked CIA dox) at home with the Christmas wrapping papers.
Wait, was it Patrick Grey burning papers found in the safe of Howard Hunt, that was found in the White House after the break in? I'm ashamed I don't remember, I uses to be quite a reader about all things Watergate.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Gregg wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:45 pm
p0rtia wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:43 pm Don't think so. But L. Patrick Grey burned a bunch o' documents (faked CIA dox) at home with the Christmas wrapping papers.
Wait, was it Patrick Grey burning papers found in the safe of Howard Hunt, that was found in the White House after the break in? I'm ashamed I don't remember, I uses to be quite a reader about all things Watergate.
Yes. J9hn Dean gave them to him to burn.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New: Jan. 6 committee releases further transcripts tonight — including Trump aide Kash Patel, Roger Stone associate Sal Greco, Marcia Strickler

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”