January 6 Select Committee

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by Foggy »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:03 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:18 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:21 pm I guess that's what happens when you go with the lowest bidders :shrug: :rotflmao:
Who are stupid enough to agree to net 30 billing.
Everything needs to be up front with tfg. He's done this for DECADES. Like fifty years or more. Anyone stupid enough to get snookered by him deserves it in spades.
Yeah, but anyone who actually IS smart enough to demand payment up front before performance is absolutely not going to be hired by TFA.

Remember if you will, that IMHO one of the most accurate and cogent psychological analyses of him concluded that he wakes up every day looking for a fight, that he views all transactions as zero sum, and he sees every single negotiation of any kind in his life as an opportunity to get over on somebody.

The idea of a mutually beneficial relationship is utterly foreign to him. His life is all about who cheated the other guy and kicked his ass. And every agreement or bargain or contract he ever does, he views according to whether he got cheated, or whether he cheated the other party.

And after a lifetime of cheating, among others, a very long string of lawyers who agreed to be paid after the fact, do you think he's going to suddenly decide to hire a really good attorney and pay her a huge retainer up front? :nope:

Never in a milyun years. :smoking:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Pence sort of did, but he has never actually critisisedT at all for it and it was very much a qualified thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ion-result
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Suranis wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:18 pm Pence sort of did, but he has never actually critisisedT at all for it and it was very much a qualified thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ion-result
:snippity:
“I will always be proud that we did our part on that tragic day to reconvene the Congress and fulfilled our duty under the constitution and the laws of the United States,” Pence said in a speech in California.

He noted that the vice-president has no constitutional power to throw out a presidential result submitted to the US Congress by the states, or send the votes back to the states in rejection.

Pence contradicted “those in our party” who think that “any one person” could select the president, without mentioning Trump directly.

“The truth is, there is almost no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American president,” he said.

He called the insurrection a “dark day in the history of the United States Capitol”, following which 500 people have been arrested in the biggest US crime investigation since the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

The Indiana Republican’s speech was made at the Ronald Reagan presidential library in Simi Valley. Pence showed he still hews to the Trump policies he loyally help craft and promote during the Trump-Pence administration. He also appeared to be laying out his path to a potential candidacy for president himself.
:snippity:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
filly

Post by filly »

STEVE BANNON INDICTED BY FEDERAL GRAND JURY PER CNN
filly

Post by filly »

Magistrate is issuing arrest warrant.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:bunny:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

:fiesta: :bar:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!!!
I’ll drink to that!
:mbounce: :bar:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bar:

:mbounce:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Perp walk!! I want to see a perp walk!!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:grouphug:
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Now how about an indictment for Mark Meadows?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The Bannon indictment should send a message to the rest of them, including Meadows. Not showing up today was stupid. They all think they are above the law, a message clearly conveyed by their old boss, who has spent his entire life thinking that he is.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/stephen- ... t-congress
In its subpoena, the Select Committee said it had reason to believe that Bannon had information relevant to understanding events related to Jan. 6. Bannon, formerly a Chief Strategist and Counselor to the President, has been a private citizen since departing the White House in 2017.

Each count of contempt of Congress carries a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of one year in jail, as well as a fine of $100 to $1,000. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after considering the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:07 pm Perp walk!! I want to see a perp walk!!
:yeahthat:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: Law enforcement expects Steve Bannon to self-surrender on his criminal charges in DC on *MONDAY*
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN and MSNBC are covering the Bannon indictment. Fox News is playing 2017's greatest hits.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

MSNBC reports no one has been indicted for contempt of Congress in 38 years.
filly

Post by filly »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:14 pm Now how about an indictment for Mark Meadows?
Meadows has a slightly more (but not serious IMHO) claim of executive privilege than Bannon, since Bannon had been fired back in 2017. As I mentioned a few days ago, Tribe noted there are two "OLC" opinions from 1987 and 2008 that DOJ isn't supposed to prosecute when executive privilege has been asserted. Of course, I haven't read them. But all Garland needed to say to his OLC is "Hey, write me a memo on this." Legal memos are easy to fashion to support the conclusion you want. This is why I've always thought OLC memos controlling the US justice system is plain foolishness.

But Bannon is a more straightforward case.
filly

Post by filly »

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”