Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Somehow I don't see that as getting very far. The GOP hasn't expelled them from the party or from Congress, so it's hard to say they aren't actually Republicans, IMO.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:58 am Somehow I don't see that as getting very far. The GOP hasn't expelled them from the party or from Congress, so it's hard to say they aren't actually Republicans, IMO.
Same with Manchin and Sinema. They're Democrats until they're officially not, which I don't see happening.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

It's really a shame that we could not get a commission like the one that investigated the 9/11 terrorist attack. But that would have required that one of the two parties represented by Congress wasn't actively involved in the very crime to be investigated.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

HAPPENING TODAY: Mark Meadows' lawsuit against the Jan. 6 select committee is up for a significant hearing that could give us our clearest sense yet of whether the panel will ever get his testimony — and there may be other newsy insights to glean.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I'm so surprised he said one thing to Fox News and the direct opposite when under oath. :faint:
The Intellectualist @highbrow_nobrow wrote: Chris Miller on Fox News: I "absolutely" told the Jan 6 committee under oath that Donald Trump made an order to deploy the National Guard ahead of Jan 6

Miller Under Oath: "I was never given any direction or order or knew of any plans of that nature."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Two Top Trump Political Aides Among Those Subpoenaed in Jan. 6 Case
Stephen Miller, a senior policy adviser, and Brian Jack, who served as White House political director, are among those who received requests for information this week from a federal grand jury.

The Justice Department has subpoenaed two former top White House political advisers under President Donald J. Trump as part of a widening investigation related to Mr. Trump’s post-election fund-raising and plans for so-called fake electors, according to people briefed on the matter.

Brian Jack, the final White House political director under Mr. Trump, and Stephen Miller, Mr. Trump’s top speechwriter and a senior policy adviser, were among more than a dozen people connected to the former president to receive subpoenas from a federal grand jury this week.

The subpoenas seek information in connection with the Save America political action committee and the plan to submit slates of electors pledged to Mr. Trump from swing states that were won by Joseph R. Biden Jr. in the 2020 election. Mr. Trump and his allies promoted the idea that competing slates of electors would justify blocking or delaying certification of Mr. Biden’s Electoral College win during a joint session of Congress on Jan. 6, 2021.
:snippity:
I think this is a gift link: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/09/us/p ... 5JLZ9J7jvU
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I would almost be OK with Trump getting a pass if they were to convict Stephen Miller.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New Turtle wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:04 pm I would almost be OK with Trump getting a pass if they were to convict Stephen Miller.
I hear ya.
Attachments
riffraff.jpg
riffraff.jpg (120.01 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

From the link above:
A lawyer for Mr. Miller declined to comment. Mr. Jack, who remains an adviser to Mr. Trump as well as to Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the House Republican leader, and several other House Republicans, declined to comment.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Claire McCaskill on MNBC last hour. All I want for Christmas is Liz Cheney grilling Newt Gingrich :boxing:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"The Select Committee has developed a massive body of evidence... It hasn’t always been easy... because the same people who drove the former President’s pressure campaign to overturn the election are now trying to cover up the truth about January 6th."
-Chair
@BennieGThompson
raison de arizona

Harry Litman @harrylitman wrote: Mark your calendars. J6C next hearing Wednesday September 28.
raison de arizona

Bloomberg has an article about it, but it is paywalled and I forgot to clip the link. :blackeye:
Tristan Snell @TristanSnell wrote: BREAKING: January 6 committee receives new info on Secret Service's actions during the 1/6 insurrection.

This could including the missing Secret Service texts -- and/or witness testimony, other documents or data. If the Committee is announcing it, it's likely something real.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The Select Committee has obtained a recording of communications over a walkie-talkie app among Oath Keepers who were inside the Capitol and others who were sharing intelligence from elsewhere.

Listen to how they reacted to President Trump’s 2:38 tweet in real-time.
NSFW language, but do listen when you have a chance. Yikes!
tek

Post by tek »

normal tourist chatter, amirite?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

tek wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:24 am normal tourist chatter, amirite?
Yup, and legitimate political discourse.
raison de arizona

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1 wrote: NBC News: Jan. 6 Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson confirms the panel is still on track for a public hearing on Sept. 28 at 1:00pm ET.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:34 pm NBC News: Jan. 6 Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson confirms the panel is still on track for a public hearing on Sept. 28 at 1:00pm ET.
:thumbsup:

:waiting:

:popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just reported live on CNN, Ginni Thomas will be sitting down for an interview with J6 Committee.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

She must have found a good lawyer.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Raskin: You pulled the plug on the investigation you originally advocated because Donald Trump didn’t want it. Let’s tell some truth! You’re talking about truth, I’m giving you the truth!
:winner:
raison de arizona

Rep. Liz Cheney @RepLizCheney wrote: The 1/6 hearings have shown that Trump knew his effort to overturn the election was illegal & unconstitutional. He did it anyway. Trump’s conduct was illegal under existing law and would be under our new bill, too. Our bill also prevents other future efforts to steal elections.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

How do they expect people to get away with their criming if they keep making them turn over evidence? :lol:
raison de arizona

60 Minutes @60Minutes wrote: The White House switchboard connected a call to a rioter while the Capitol was under siege on January 6, 2021, according to former January 6 committee staffer Denver Riggleman.

“I only know one end of that call,” Riggleman said.
cbsn.ws/3BDxkop

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”