January 6 Select Committee

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:25 am Or Marcialaw (my former email address).
And now I know the proper spelling :batting:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/26/politics ... index.html
Washington (CNN)Newly obtained text messages and recent court filings fill in significant gaps about the key role a little-known Pennsylvania Republican congressman played at almost every turn in scheming to reverse or delay certification of the 2020 election.

The texts, which were among those selectively provided by Donald Trump's former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to the House select committee, show Rep. Scott Perry pushing to have the nation's top intelligence official investigate baseless conspiracy theories and working to replace the US acting attorney general with an acolyte willing to do Trump's bidding.

"From an Intel friend: DNI needs to task NSA to immediately seize and begin looking for international comms related to Dominion," Perry wrote to Meadows on November 12, just five days after the election was called for Joe Biden.

In the text, which has not been previously reported, Perry appears to be urging Meadows to get John Ratcliffe, then-Director of National Intelligence, to order the National Security Agency to investigate debunked claims that Dominion voting machines were hacked by China.

Perry, a five-term congressman, is a retired Brigadier General with nearly 40 years of military service, including flying combat missions in Iraq. Given his extensive background, he is likely familiar with the inner-workings of government intelligence.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:19 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:25 am Or Marcialaw (my former email address).
And now I know the proper spelling :batting:
:batting:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Punchbowl News: Jan. 6 Committee Chair Bennie Thompson says the panel will hold public hearings in June.

Thompson also said the panel will issue one final report in the fall, instead of releasing an interim report followed by a final wrap-up.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

If they want this to affect primary elections, June's a little late.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Jim

Post by Jim »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:37 pm If they want this to affect primary elections, June's a little late.
But if they want to affect the midterm elections, the timing will be perfect.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: House Jan 6 Committee asks court to expedite case against Mark Meadows.. asks for hearings & briefings within a month

"Time is of the essence in rectifying Plaintiff’s (Meadows's) refusal to comply with the Select Committee’s subpoenas."

Clock is ticking...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Per
@cbszak
@BennieGThompson
told reporters today that the Jan. 6th committee will be re-upping requests for testimony from some House members, including
@GOPLeader
, as well as some unnamed senators
, with plans for 8 hearings in June to highlight the committee's work.
Cruz? Hawley? Ron Johnson?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:waiting:
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney
NEWS: A federal judge has resoundingly rejected the RNC’s lawsuit against the Jan. 6 select committee, which is seeking data about whether the party’s messaging/fundraising efforts after the 2020 election helped stoke violence at the Capitol. Story TK

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

FLASH: House Jan 6 Select Committee seems interviews with Rep Ronny Jackson (R-TX), Rep Mo Brooks (R-AL), Rep Andy Biggs (R-AZ)

Note in its letter to Jackson, Cmte references text messages sent by accused OathKeepers, in which Jackson’s name surfaced

https://january6th.house.gov/sites/demo ... ackson.pdf
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

One would suspect they likely already know.
Hugo Lowell @hugolowell wrote: New: House Republican Ronny Jackson refuses to tell Jan. 6 committee how the Oath Keepers knew he needed protection from them as the Capitol attack unfolded: “I will not participate in the illegitimate Committee’s ruthless crusade against President Trump and his allies.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Maybe the AUSA should ask.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Interesting use of “crusade”.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona

Some docs.

Committee request to Biggs:
► Show Spoiler
Biggs' response:
► Show Spoiler
Committee request to Brooks:
► Show Spoiler
Committee request to Jackson:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep Mo Brooks: “At one time I would have voluntarily testified before the Nancy Pelosi Witch Hunt Committee provided the testimony was in public, the questioners were Congressmen, and the questions were limited to events related to January 6. But that time has long passed.”
Nicolle Wallace had a good panel at the start of her first hour of Deadline WhiteHouse talking about these new developments. Worth hunting it down and listening. I do especially enjoy Frank Figluzzi (sp?)
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thank you Dr. K.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I hope that their pissy "I ain't gonna listen to your dumb subpoena, you ain't the boss of me" act backfires on them this time. I feel like the Committee has all the evidence they could get from asking them anyway, and all of it is gonna come out. When it does and these dipshits howl about not being able to tell the truths, someone points to this and states they were given every opportunity to tell their side of the story and they wouldn't.

Also too, get good and loud about how taking the Fifth cannot be held against you in a Criminal Court, but in Civil actions it absolutely can.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/januar ... alesforce/
Washington — A federal judge in Washington, D.C., rejected an effort by the Republican National Committee (RNC) to block a subpoena from the House select committee investigating the January 6 assault on the Capitol, ruling late Sunday that the panel can demand records from the party's email fundraising vendor.

The decision from U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly, appointed by former President Donald Trump, is a major victory for the House panel, as he roundly rebuffed the RNC's claims that the committee lacks the proper authorization to exercise investigative power and that its subpoena to Salesforce, the third-party vendor, failed to advance a valid legislative purpose.

Kelly dismissed the RNC's claims against the House committee, its members and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, finding they're immune from the suit under the Constitution's Speech or Debate Clause. He also ruled against the RNC on its remaining claims against Salesforce, the email marketing giant used by the party and the Trump campaign, finding they "come up short" because of the "highly differential review the court must give Congress's investigative power and the nature of the materials at issue."
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Word on the bird site is that DJTjr testified before the Committee yesterday, but I haven't found any confirmation yet.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

He sniffed out the fifth all day probably.
:smoking:

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:13 pm He sniffed out the fifth all day probably.
:smoking:
A fifth of a gram maybe...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”