January 6 Select Committee

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Will he be able to last that long without a bathroom nose break?
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Gregg wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:18 pm Under the advice of

sniff

council

sniff, sniff

I respectfully decline to um...

sniiiiffffff, sniff

answer that ques

sniff, sniff, sniff

ah, question because

sniff

it might tend to

sniff.......uh, sniff, uh sniff

violate my rights

snnnniiiiiiffffff ahhhh, cough, sniff

under the fifth

sniff, sniff

amendment...

sniff sniff, clears throat, sniff ph,

oh, oh, oh, that's the drip, hang on this is the good part

and so I ain't gonna answer...amen....sniff
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Court has 11am hearing to update status of suit filed by RNC against House Jan 6 Cmte

RNC: "Committee dominated by political party in power has leveraged its subpoena authority to compel disclosure of minority party’s 1st Amendment protected internal party deliberative material
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Since when does the first Amendment protect internal documents? IANAL, but all the first Amendment says is that the Goverment cant arrest you for saying stuff. It has nothing to do with protecting conspirators, and it sure as hell does not stop people finding out you lied your ass off in your first amendment protected speech.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Suranis wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:52 am Since when does the first Amendment protect internal documents? IANAL, but all the first Amendment says is that the Goverment cant arrest you for saying stuff. It has nothing to do with protecting conspirators, and it sure as hell does not stop people finding out you lied your ass off in your first amendment protected speech.
Off Topic
No one understands the first amendment. Here's my local Nextdoorian this morning.
Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 9.21.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 9.21.44 AM.png (61.4 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
:roll: Yes dear, no one is allowed to tell you your racist rants are bullshit because FIRST AMENDMENT and that's retaliation!

Seriously. This is an argument. Because her 1st amendment rights give her the right to make racist rants, but no one else has a 1st amendment right to say, hey, that's a stupid racist rant. Because that would infringe on her 1st amendment right to make racist rants. :roll:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: 11th hour Friday night filing from House Jan 6 Committee in the civil suit filed by Mark Meadows

Committee: "Mr. Meadows had agreed to appear for a deposition on December 8, 2021, he informed the Select Committee on December 7, 2021, of a change of heart"

(more)
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Suranis wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:52 am Since when does the first Amendment protect internal documents? IANAL, but all the first Amendment says is that the Goverment cant arrest you for saying stuff. It has nothing to do with protecting conspirators, and it sure as hell does not stop people finding out you lied your ass off in your first amendment protected speech.
The First Amendment has a “Freedom of Association” component, which provides some protection against government attempts to obtain internal communications of voluntary associations such as political parties and labor unions. IIRC, the most famous Supreme Court case on the issue, NAACP v. Alabama, protected the membership information of the NAACP from being turned over to a hostile state government.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New: Sources say former Trump aide Stephanie Grisham told the Jan. 6 committee to talk to Trump’s onetime lead US Secret Service agent Anthony Ornato — who gave Meadows the intel around Jan. 4 that there could be violence at the Capitol

Jan. 6 committee appears to have been examining Ornato, the former lead USSS agent on Trump’s detail. One source says Trump then made him deputy White House chief of staff for operations in part because of his loyal
ty.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Motherlode of Meadows texts obtained by CNN includes this one fomr Marjorie Taylor Greene on Jan. 17 in which she says multiple colleagues advocated for Trump to declare martial law.

https://cnn.com/2022/04/25/pol
raison de arizona

Robert Costa @costareports wrote: Just spoke with someone close to House conservatives, who has seen some of the group chats from late 2020 and early 2021. Cringed at the MTG texts. Said the group chats were, and remain, "stupid" and "everybody texted too much" in them. "If they ever get out, we have a problem."
:popcorn:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

“If it’s what you say, I love it, especially later in the summer.”
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Lots of popcorn.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
much ado

Post by much ado »

So what kind of problem would they have? That we would learn what we already know? That it would convince their followers to become disloyal? Would it really have any effect at all on the political landscape?

Just wondering...
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:13 pm
Motherlode of Meadows texts obtained by CNN includes this one fomr Marjorie Taylor Greene on Jan. 17 in which she says multiple colleagues advocated for Trump to declare martial law.

https://cnn.com/2022/04/25/pol
Tell me Marge, just who is Marshall law? Did the former Supreme Court Justice have a statute named after him?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
raison de arizona

Old Man Lefty @OldManLefty1 wrote: Rep. Zoe Lofgren said that the 1/6 Committee is getting information from Republican staffers who are ratting out their bosses..
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

humblescribe wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:02 pm :snippity:
Tell me Marge, just who is Marshall law? Did the former Supreme Court Justice have a statute named after him?
The Georgia public education system strakes again....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/25/politics ... index.html
Why this former Trump official comes out looking absolutely terrible in the Mark Meadows texts
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

You're saying you've never heard of Marshall Law? And some of you are lawyers?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’d wager MTG Has never heard of the Marshall Islands. Or the Martial Islands.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:02 pm I’d wager MTG Has never heard of the Marshall Islands. Or the Martial Islands.
Or Marsha's law!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Or Marcialaw (my former email address).
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New -
@BennieGThompson
says the Jan. 6 select committee will issue “another invitation” to
@GOPLeader
to testify before the panel. Then the select cmte will decide whether to subpoena McCarthy & other Republicans

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”