Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

neeneko

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by neeneko »

yeah, I would not expect an agent to say bad things about the person they were protecting. Giving politicians a reason to not trust their own guards and thus starting to do things away from them would really hurt the secret service's mission.. so I imagine there must be a certain amount of culture of silence.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Reminds me a bit of the Steele Dossier which the Mejia convinced people had been discredited because of the "Pee Hookers" detail, even though that was the least troubling thing about it, and impossible to prove anyway.
Hic sunt dracones
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:11 am :snippity:
And well I know it! I rewatched the entire Senate hearings last year (COVID comfort binging). Twice. I mean (by face to face) that Butterfield did not provide testimony involving the cover up plans or actions. He was not part of the coverup. Just the technical detail that there were recording devices. Sorry! I worded that badly.

BTW, Butterfield is and was a hell of a character. There are a few incredible youtubes out there of talks he gave a few years ago on the subject of Nixon. Worth a watch for fellow Watergate addicts!
You are correct. I was in college then and working a summer job. The hearings were replayed every evening on PBS as I recall. Butterfield was called to verify the existence of a secret recording system in the Oval Office. That set off a chain of events that eventually brought down Nixon. The Watergate committee subpoenaed the tapes and the case eventually went to the Supreme Court where Nixon lost. By that time the House impeachment hearings were up and running.

Nixon had released edited transcripts of the tapes that left out all the incriminating parts. Once the full tapes were released Nixon's goose was cooked.

I still detest Ford for pardoning Nixon before he at least had to elocute his crimes. That really stunk.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:roll:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

love the Spongebob reference

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:21 am
pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:01 am I would be leery of a SS agent who’s eager to repudiate such a minor detail.
Dan Bongino was a Secret Service agent for 12 years. Besides all the Secret Service-gates in recent years. They have their share of ideological freaks fo shure.
Yep. I recall Biden chose his details and gave tfg his loyalists. But I thought their sole duty was to protect, not to be loyalists.

(That book is on my list.)
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Her lawyer convinced her she's not as clever as she thinks she is?
Ginni Thomas’s lawyer got one look at the permanent self-satisfied smirk she wears and said “Yeah…no testimony from you”.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

bill_g wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:57 am They are trying to discredit her testimony entirely by postulating this portion is wrong - therefore it's all wrong.
This is cult thinking. Cults tell you that outsiders can't be trusted on anything if they're wrong even once. That's how you make people impervious to outside influences.

On the other hand, it's never a problem when cult doctrine or cult leadership is wrong. The members of this particular cult don't seem to be bothered by the thousands of lies that TFG told, of course.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Capitol Police Officer Daniel Hodges, to
@NBCNews
, reacts to the Hutchison testimony: "I mean, the President of the United States set us up."
raison de arizona

Tell it to the committee under oath or STFU. Nobody believes you, and nobody cares what your dumb assed spox says you lying liar that lies..
Katherine Faulders @KFaulders wrote: A spokesperson for Meadows is pushing back on testimony yesterday about him seeking a pardon.

"Meadows never sought a pardon and never planned to," a Meadows spox said in a short statement.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Yes. :?: Did Meadows show up an any news shows after the hearing, even the ones that softball questions?
raison de arizona

Screw what Ty Cobb has to say, but... Rats. Ship. Sinking? Do we dare hope?
Mueller, She Wrote @MuellerSheWrote wrote: Wow. Ty Cobb - the lawyer that defended Donald during the Mueller probe - tells @kpolantz "This is different. If this isn't insurrection, I don't know what is."
► Show Spoiler
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

John Walsh
@itsJohnWalsh
Leaked video of the #TrumpTantrum on #January6th

#January6thHearings #TrumpCoupAttempt
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I needed that.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just wrapped at interview with
@gwlaw
Constitutional law expert Catherine Ross... who says emphatically the Jan 6 Committee hearing w/ Cassidy Hutchinson "greatly intensifies" the criminal legal risk for former President Trump
A bit more at the link.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

This is the only Ty Cobb I want to hear about.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I do want to hear about the modern Ty Cobb. IIRC, though he’s a conservative he’s not one of the delusional déplorables.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

🚨🚨NEWS --
@PunchbowlNews
Midday:

JAN 6 COMMITTEE eyeing a subpoena to compel testimony from Cipollone.

PLUS: Committee likely to take up USSS on their offer to testify re limo incident
raison de arizona

Sinking ship! All rats, off! ohpleaseohpleaseohplease
Zachary Petrizzo @ZTPetrizzo wrote: Both National Review and The Washington Examiner have begun turning on Trump following former Trump aide Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony. "Things will not be the same after this," NRO's Andrew McCarthy wrote. The Examiner said:“Trump is unfit to be anywhere near power ever again.”
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Please complete that thought, Andrew:

“… and the judgement and motives of everyone who supported him disqualify them from ever being taken seriously again.”

Thank you.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm gonna take a very wild guess and say this witness is Cassidy Hutchinson, and Cheney's message was "We know what you tried here, and this is how we handled it. So don't F around with us ever again."
raison de arizona

Staff Sergeant Gonell, Aquilino @SergeantAqGo wrote: When he tweeted about Pence, the fighting in the tunnel intensified. We held the line hoping the President would be on our side and send us help. Mike Pence is lucky to be alive, he’s lucky we kept our OATH AND HELD THE LINE. Your boss tried to have you killed. Testify.
raison de arizona

As Dan Bongino would say, the family friendly double barrel middle finger. Right on.
Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports wrote: This just in from Cassidy Hutchinson's lawyers Jody Hunt and William Jordan:

“Ms. Hutchinson stands by all of the testimony she provided yesterday, under oath, to the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Breaking on air, haven't seen a link yet.

J6 Panel subpoenas Pat Cipollone.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”