Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

AndyinPA
Verified:

January 6 Select Committee

Post by AndyinPA »

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/555 ... ssion-bill
en. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) said on Monday that he would support a House-passed bill to create a commission to probe the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Romney’s comments make him the first GOP senator to say he would vote for the bill, which needs the support of 10 Republicans to pass the Senate.

Asked how he would vote if Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) tried to start debate on the House bill, a move that requires 60 votes to defeat a filibuster, Romney told reporters, “I would support the bill.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dave from down under

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup: :popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/2 ... n-6-490943
Mother of deceased Capitol Police officer presses GOP senators to back Jan. 6 commission
Gladys Sicknick, mother of Brian Sicknick, requested sit-downs with Republicans to discuss “the importance” of an independent investigation into the deadly insurrection — as a key Senate vote looms.
:snippity:
“Not having a January 6 Commission to look into exactly what occurred is a slap in the faces of all the officers who did their jobs that day,” Gladys Sicknick said in a statement provided to POLITICO. “I suggest that all Congressmen and Senators who are against this Bill visit my son’s grave in Arlington National Cemetery and, while there, think about what their hurtful decisions will do to those officers who will be there for them going forward.”
:snippity:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Mitch McConnell has reached out to certain Republican Senators and asked them to vote against the commission as “a personal favor” according to this.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Nine Republicans skipped vote:
⁃Blackburn
⁃Blunt
⁃Braun
⁃Burr
⁃Inhofe
⁃Rounds
⁃Risch
⁃Shelby
⁃Toomey

Two Dems skipped vote:
- Murray
- Sinema, per
@morgan_rimmer
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Sinema can't even bring herself to vote for a bi-partisan commission to investigate the insurrection? Geez.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I don't have a link, but I heard on the teevee yesterday that only 15 Republican senators had a meeting with Sicknick's mother. I very much would like to know the names of those who wouldn't even meet with her.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I saw a list on twitter. Surprisingly Ron Johnson did meet with her, but he made it clear he disagreed with her wishes.

Fuck him. Fuck all of them.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

covfefe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:12 pm Sinema can't even bring herself to vote for a bi-partisan commission to investigate the insurrection? Geez.
Sinema has been a huuuuuge disappointment. :mad:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

I wonder why Murray didn't vote? That seems really odd.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Reality Check wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:45 pm
covfefe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:12 pm Sinema can't even bring herself to vote for a bi-partisan commission to investigate the insurrection? Geez.
:yeahthat:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

Sinema has been a huuuuuge disappointment.
I get that she barely won in a purple-ish state. But she's up for re-election in 2024; if she doesn't get primaried, she'll be in a power position.
Image ImageImage
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Why? She’s always been a somewhat bitchy “maverick” and I for one never expected anything but R lite from her. She’s always got her finger in the wind.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I read that Patty Murray had a family emergency and posted in the AM that she wouldn't be there.

Nothing from Sinema yet.

It wasn't the actual bill; it was the motion to debate the bill. Or whatever they call it (sorry, dashing).
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The couture vote. That's what you need 60 for
Hic sunt dracones
tek

Post by tek »

Suranis wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:59 pm The couture vote. That's what you need 60 for
no, that's 'Say Yes to the Dress!"

:batting:
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

tek wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:08 pm
Suranis wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:59 pm The couture vote. That's what you need 60 for
no, that's 'Say Yes to the Dress!"

:batting:
:lol: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Oh Bravo tek
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I see no upside to a bipartisan commission. The proposed commission gave the Republicans equal power which they would only wield to thwart the Democrats’ investigation. It’s way better for the Democrats to run their own investigation.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:21 am I see no upside to a bipartisan commission. The proposed commission gave the Republicans equal power which they would only wield to thwart the Democrats’ investigation. It’s way better for the Democrats to run their own investigation.
Well, good for half the country at least. I’d hoped for a way to get everyone on board with reality somehow, but that is looking increasingly less likely in this country. Of course.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:21 am I see no upside to a bipartisan commission. The proposed commission gave the Republicans equal power which they would only wield to thwart the Democrats’ investigation. It’s way better for the Democrats to run their own investigation.
:like:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

In a much more honest fashion than the Repugnants ran the Bengazzeeeeeee investigation.
Il factotum
optimusprime

Post by optimusprime »

We all knew this was coming. I just don't want to hear the law and order and support the police nonsense form Republicans again.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

optimusprime wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:20 pm We all knew this was coming. I just don't want to hear the law and order and support the police nonsense form Republicans again.
But you will.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Ali "Alexander" Akbar's take on Telegram:
ALI ALEXANDER 🇺🇸, [28.05.21 15:47]
Like I said the whole time, they don’t actually want a Jan 6 Commission.

They need to delay telling the public what really happened as long as possible. I know what happened and the FBI does too.

This is all political theater.

Nancy Pelosi wins. Republican establishment wins. Capitol Police get more funding. FBI doesn’t have to tell the truth yet. Trump and I don’t have to testify. See how neat this drama was? 🙄

Meanwhile, people are being politically targeted and equal treatment, under the law, has been abolished.

Eventually, so many cases will be dropped and you’ll learn more about Operation Agitation and the politicos within Trump’s orbit that betrayed him which opened the door for chaos that dumb day. But... it’ll be long after most care. But... not after they’ve ruined the lives of so many patriots.

ALI ALEXANDER 🇺🇸, [28.05.21 19:18]
I will have the last laugh.

Right before God makes His move!

ALI ALEXANDER 🇺🇸, [28.05.21 21:07]
This a mission not a show.

This is my eternal soul. 🎶
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”