Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by AndyinPA »

That's interesting, and the first time I've heard that, but it probably doesn't make the pardon petitioners any happier. Personally, while I guess it's nice for the pardoned, I never saw how it did anything other than to confirm a person's guilt. Maybe not always, but a lot of the time.

I've been watching MSNBC's prime-time coverage, but last night I caught CNN's coverage. I think MSNBC puts on a more coherent presentation and wrap up.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Merci! Gracias! Thank You! To our Fogbow BOTG (TVOG, IPhoneOG, InternetOG) reporters! You have won the Fogbow Pulitzer Prize for reporting! Here is your trophy!
OIP (14).jpeg
OIP (14).jpeg (35.47 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Donoghue to Clark, you're an environmental lawyer. Go back to your office and we'll call you when there's an oil spill.
Quiet child. Adults are talking.

Thanks, Slim.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

First letter is dated 6/22, which is the day 1/6 chair Bennie Thompson told reporters part of the reason they were pushing hearings back was b/c of a new tranche of docs from NARA...

https://politico.com/news/2022/06/22/ja ... e-00041384
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (126.3 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

House Jan 6 Cmte chair Bennie Thompson says the Alex Holder documentary video is important

“It's been significant… It's a lot of video we have not been privy to."

Per teammate Ellis Kim
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Watched her say it with their own eyes, and don't believe it unless she tweeted it.

Brawndo, it's got electrolytes. It's what plants crave!

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NBC News: Rep. Mo Brooks told reporters he had multiple conversations directly with Trump about presidential pardons.

"The president and I had an oral communication," Brooks said, referring to talks about pardons "He said put it in writing. So, I put it in writing."
@NBCNews
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 089f0a01ba
In a column for Politico, former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti suggested that a quintet of lawyers who attempted to help Donald Trump steal the 2020 presidential election could be the first major players in the former president's orbit to be hit with criminal conspiracy charges due to revelations from the House Jan 6th committee hearings thus far.

According to Mariotti, the actions of John Eastman, Rudy Giuliani, Sydney Powell, Jenna Ellis and Jeffrey Clark seem to be a major focus of the bi-partisan select committee, and that the evidence presented makes a strong case against each of them.

"Of all the evidence uncovered by the committee, what jumps out to me as a former federal prosecutor are the 'fake elector' certificates signed by Trump electors and submitted to former Vice President Mike Pence in an effort to delay the certification of the electoral votes on January 6. Those certificates contained statements that are easily proven false," he wrote before adding, "Typically, lawyers are not a weak link. In my experience, lawyers have been the most difficult defendants to convict. They’re usually careful about what they say and what they write down. But Trump’s coterie of dishonest legal advisers — John Eastman, Rudy Giuliani, Sydney Powell, Jenna Ellis and Clark — weren’t careful. In their attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election, they said things that were demonstrably false and were personally involved in lies told to government officials."
That's all there is, nothing more at the link.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

House Jan 6 Cmte files Sunday motions in 3 lawsuits that challenged committee subpoenas (by Cleta Mitchell, Seb Gorka, Amy Harris) Committee says: No hurry

"Given the info obtained via the.. Committee’s hearings & the parallel criminal proceedings, additional time is required"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 7c583e5201
Donald Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen said Sunday that the former president will throw John Eastman, his lawyer accused of helping him push his unfounded 2020 presidential election fraud claims, "under the bus."

As the House select committee investigating the events that unfolded on January 6 has gone public with televised hearings, Eastman emerged as a key focus. After Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election, Eastman allegedly helped him and his allies craft plans to block the electoral certification of Joe Biden in order to keep Trump in power.

Even though Eastman is one of Trump's closest allies, Cohen, who served a three-year prison sentence for tax evasion, campaign finance violations, and for lying to Congress, predicted that the former president would eventually turn on Eastman and Jeffrey Clark, who served as a lawyer under Trump's Department of Justice (DOJ).

Cohen explained during an appearance on MSNBC that Eastman is bringing "negative attention and media coverage" to Trump's inner circle, and that even though his actions were allegedly "at the direction and for the benefit of" Trump, he would receive the same treatment Cohen did.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:56 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 7c583e5201
Donald Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen said Sunday that the former president will throw John Eastman, his lawyer accused of helping him push his unfounded 2020 presidential election fraud claims, "under the bus."

As the House select committee investigating the events that unfolded on January 6 has gone public with televised hearings, Eastman emerged as a key focus. After Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election, Eastman allegedly helped him and his allies craft plans to block the electoral certification of Joe Biden in order to keep Trump in power.

Even though Eastman is one of Trump's closest allies, Cohen, who served a three-year prison sentence for tax evasion, campaign finance violations, and for lying to Congress, predicted that the former president would eventually turn on Eastman and Jeffrey Clark, who served as a lawyer under Trump's Department of Justice (DOJ).

Cohen explained during an appearance on MSNBC that Eastman is bringing "negative attention and media coverage" to Trump's inner circle, and that even though his actions were allegedly "at the direction and for the benefit of" Trump, he would receive the same treatment Cohen did.
Eastman was just the attorney for the catering company who provided the coffee, it will turn out.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews

FLASH:

House Select Jan 6 Committee drops a surprise

Hearing added for tomorrow at 1pm ... "witness testimony" promised
poplove

Post by poplove »

Salah
@Coach_Salah
Replying to
@MacFarlaneNews
Here's the notice
poplove

Post by poplove »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews

The committee released names of witnesses for *prior* hearings.

They're NOT doing so ahead of tomorrow.

It adds a layer of intrigue and hints at a blockbuster
June bug

Post by June bug »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

June bug wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:33 pm :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Oh yes indeedy :popcorn:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Mike Pence? Mark Meadows? Ginni Thomas?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:07 pm Mike Pence? Mark Meadows? Ginni Thomas?
Hopefully some reporter is chasing Pence down for a statement. Mark Meadows interesting idea. Things have been looking pretty bad for him lately?

Eastman maybe decided to get out from under the bus?
Edit:
The committee is very efficiently getting its ducks in a row

Staff confirms Rep Adam Schiff (D-CA), Rep Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), Rep Elaine Luria (D-VA) will all be attending tomorrow's hearing in-person
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Gives us something to talk about tomorrow night
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Jim

Post by Jim »

I'm thinking that Tina Peters in Colorado has finally seemed to see the light and realize the pubs would just as well toss her under the bus and let her go to prison for years.

She's already started defending herself...I can see the committee jumping at the chance to talk with someone who was on the inside of the attempt to overturn the election.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Obviously tfg is taking the opportunity to redress the balance of testimony and show the committee is just another kangaroo court.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:42 pm Gives us something to talk about tomorrow night
Why, what are we doing tomorrow night, Brain?
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”