January 6 Select Committee

Patagoniagirl

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Trump, in his video address on 1/6, said "We love you". He was speaking to his supporters. Not BLM or Antifa.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

BLM and Antifa were wrecking the Capitol while his supporters were observant tourists checking in on Mike Pence and his Math 101 of vote counting.. :twisted:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Including this story in hidden/spoiler to share with friend. It is inexcusable how Facebook/Meta acted and this story is really shocking in its scope. Having this content along with the RW factory of hate makes it more understandable why so many Republicans still think the election was "stolen". Have been thinking and wondering... what would have happened if it had been the opposite and DL2XIT had won again? Would Democrats have gone through all this? Are things that broken? I mean, we were shocked and angry in 2016, and thought Russia may have played a part, is that the same thing? We certainly didn't take things to this extreme, but we also don't have the echo chamber the RW has. Interesting to think about.
► Show Spoiler
We know Foggy's pal Amy Kremer and her daughter Kylie started a huge "Stop The Steal" FB group right after the election which was removed by FB, but it was clear to anyone looking that the insurrectionist, vile posts were allowed to stay on FB and really, continue to this day.
Kylie Jane Kremer @KylieJaneKremer
Founder STOP THE STEAL group deleted by FB
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN just now reporting on air that the J6 committee wants to chat with Hannity. :popcorn:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Who is the bigger boil on the face of democracy - Carlson or Hannity?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was thinking the butt of democracy but I’d say Carlson is the pilonidal cyst.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:05 pm Who is the bigger boil on the face of democracy - Carlson or Hannity?
Yes.
filly

Post by filly »

OMG that idiot Ari Melber has that idiot Peter Navarro on giving him tons of airtime to repeat the Big Lie’
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hannity privately on 1/5: "I'm very worried about the next 48 hours"

Hannity on Fox on 1/5: "Big day tomorrow, big crowds" and "this all kicks off in the morning tomorrow"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

filly wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:55 pm OMG that idiot Ari Melber has that idiot Peter Navarro on giving him tons of airtime to repeat the Big Lie’
Scary stuff.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
filly

Post by filly »

Navarro said this stuff in the book he is promoting courtesy of Ari Melber. The lefty twittersphere seems thrilled with Melber for giving him a shit ton of airtime to spew his lies. I guess they don't read Rolling Stone or multiple outlets that have been reporting this all damned day.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/politics ... index.html

(CNN)Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham will meet Wednesday evening on Capitol Hill with the select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection, according to multiple sources familiar with the meeting.

Grisham's meeting with the committee came after the former White House aide and chief of staff to first lady Melania Trump had a phone call with committee member, Democratic Rep. Jamie Raskin of Maryland, during which Raskin encouraged her to meet with the panel.

A source tells CNN that Grisham and Raskin had in-depth phone call about her knowledge of events behind-the-scenes at the White House on January 6. The source told CNN that Grisham was "candid" about events in the White House at the time, many of which Grisham was present for, including knowledge of conversations involving former President Donald Trump that day.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:30 pm https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/politics ... index.html

(CNN)Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham will meet Wednesday evening on Capitol Hill with the select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection, according to multiple sources familiar with the meeting.

Grisham's meeting with the committee came after the former White House aide and chief of staff to first lady Melania Trump had a phone call with committee member, Democratic Rep. Jamie Raskin of Maryland, during which Raskin encouraged her to meet with the panel.

A source tells CNN that Grisham and Raskin had in-depth phone call about her knowledge of events behind-the-scenes at the White House on January 6. The source told CNN that Grisham was "candid" about events in the White House at the time, many of which Grisham was present for, including knowledge of conversations involving former President Donald Trump that day.
Having read Grisham's book I feel she's one of the sources for the claim that Ivanka told Trump to tell his supporters to stand down on January 6th. She mentioned it several times in her book.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bob

Post by bob »

I haven't read the book.

Could someone who has read it, please summarize the circumstances (as conveyed in the book) about Ivanka's statements.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New: MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says his phone records were subpoenaed by the Jan. 6 Committee.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep. Jamie Raskin remembers the Jan. 6 riot: "There are cops who, to this day, have traumatic brain injury, post traumatic stress syndrome ... They were Afghan and Iraqi war veterans out there that day, who said they had never seen violence and combat like what they saw here."
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:36 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:05 pm Who is the bigger boil on the face of democracy - Carlson or Hannity?
Yes.
:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:30 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:36 pm
Yes.
:yeahthat:
Stochastic terrorists, the both of them.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I bet he was thinking it was a wrestling match, and those meany Secret Service boys did not let him play along :blackeye:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybe Grisham has delivered.

Rep. Jamie Raskin tells CNN that former Trump White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham "named a lot of names I had not heard before" to the Jan. 6 Committee during her interview and "identified some lines of inquiry that had never occurred to me."
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Good for her. Still not buying her book.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:46 am Good for her. Still not buying her book.
I didn't buy it either I got it on libby
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
The chair of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol said Thursday that the committee has received information showing that members of Congress met with people who came to Washington to participate in protests over the planned certification of electoral votes last year.

“We have information that members hosted people who came to Washington on that day in their office,” Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) said during an interview Thursday at a Washington Post Live event. “We have pictures of members [of Congress] taking pictures with people who came to the rally. . . . There’s a smaller subset of members that have been identified who probably did more to encourage the ‘Stop the Steal’ part of coming to Washington.”

Thompson did not elaborate on the committee’s findings, including whether the panel has information that these lawmakers had any knowledge about the possibility of violence on Jan. 6. But his comments during the interview suggested an intensifying focus on the activities of members of Congress in the days and hours before the protests began.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

What was "Stop the Steal" supposed to actually mean, if it did not mean to prevent Biden from being certified and officially recognized as the President-Elect?
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”