Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

bob

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by bob »

John Thomas8 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:09 pm They're gonna haul Bannon in front of a useless congress to say nothing for x number of hours?
Or, stated differently: What's Bannon's angle? Why not simply appear before the committee and do Reagan's "I don't recall"?

I'm guessing Bannon believes the grifting opportunities will outweigh his sentence (which likely will be very light).
Image ImageImage
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

bob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:40 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:09 pm They're gonna haul Bannon in front of a useless congress to say nothing for x number of hours?
Or, stated differently: What's Bannon's angle? Why not simply appear before the committee and do Reagan's "I don't recall"?

I'm guessing Bannon believes the grifting opportunities will outweigh his sentence (which likely will be very light).
Nobody cares if congress calls them out. The NFL blew 'em off, two weeks past the "deadline", not a peep. Hell, they can't even be bothered to police themselves. There's what, 143 mutts in the house subject to the 14th Amendment and not a word about that, either. Bunch of bought off useless morons, more worried about pension after 6 years than doing anything useful. Fark 'em.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Nope.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

In that picture just above he looks like one of the munchkins from Oz. Fitting.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

If this wasn't just Kabuki Theater of Outrage, the Commission could say

"Whilst we understand and accept that the current legal issue of Executive Privilege is being litigated, you Mr Bannon, cannot make any determination as to what does and does not fall under the principle of executive privilege. As such we will take you statements and responses "in camera" and only release them upon final determination of the current litigation.

This does NOT however mean in any manner to excluded or indemnify you from any civil or criminal response that may arise as an outcome of the work of this commission"
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Not really the commission, but they may be interested in this:

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

RVInit wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:41 pm Not really the commission, but they may be interested in this:

https:// twitter.com/UROCKlive1/status/1460753614050189317
Khashoggi’s Ghost@UROCKlive1
The Senate Parliamentarian's office was the most pillaged among the rooms in the Capitol. Karl explained that it was clear those going through the office were looking for something specific and he thinks it was the Electoral College ballots.
Jon Karl reveals the office ransacked most on Jan. 6 and what it exposes about the insurrection

12:36 AM · Nov 17, 2021
Those "ballots" would be the 50 letters of the Secretaries Of State to Congress. I am not sure if the original letters would have even have to be physically present during the Electoral College proceedings. If yes, those pages would have been with Pence. But I more think that the already were kept in the Congress archive vaults. Pence worked simply off a list of the numbers. Even if the letters to Congress were to be destroyed the National Archive has the other copy.
bob

Post by bob »

Cf. CNBC (in January) Senate salvages Electoral College ballots before rioters break into the chamber:
Senate staff saved paper Electoral College ballots before pro-Trump rioters broke into the chamber during a formal count Wednesday, according to a Democratic senator.

Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon tweeted a photo of cases containing the state-level presidential election results, which Congress had planned to tally Wednesday before the president’s supporters stormed into the legislature. Merkley said, “If our capable floor staff hadn’t grabbed them, they would have been burned by the mob.”
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

John Thomas8 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:09 pm Ok, they arrested a moron. What does that prove? That they can vaguely care and snag a shitstain every once in a while. Doesn't change anything except he doesn't have direct contact with other shitstains in his circlejerkdom.

They're gonna haul Bannon in front of a useless congress to say nothing for x number of hours?
No, He might go to jail for a year, but believe it or not, nothing about his indictment compels him to appear.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bob wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:18 pm Cf. CNBC (in January) Senate salvages Electoral College ballots before rioters break into the chamber:
:snippity:
H/T to bob!

Never seen those secured document carrier boxes before. A reported state ballot must be more than just a single page letter signed by the SOS. Does anyone happen to know what the attachments would look like? Perhaps the credentials for each state elector and their actual vote in the respective state Electoral College?
raison de arizona

Uh, dunno what is going on here exactly. Pro FBI? Who is in the gulag? Pelosi, Biden, and Garland are bananas about to get picked by the FBI gorilla? Er...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Just for fun, Bannon's arrest warrant:
► Show Spoiler
Release conditions:
► Show Spoiler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I don’t trust Bannon, do you? How many more of the documents requested will be shredded/burned by trial? How much more monkey business can he get into until then?

I REALLY REALLY DON’T TRUST BANNON.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If I were a betting woman, I'd say they've already been incinerated.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

filly

Post by filly »

I believe this is a different House panel,
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... V7SIKhLy9I
The former commanding general of the D.C. National Guard is demanding the retraction of an inspector general report that says Army leaders had to tell him twice to send troops to the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection, saying Thursday that the allegation is false and must be corrected.

William J. Walker, now retired from the military and serving at the Capitol as House sergeant-at-arms, said in an interview that he never received a call from Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy at 4:35 p.m., as alleged in a report by the Defense Department’s acting inspector general, Sean O’Donnell. Walker, repeating comments he made during sworn Senate testimony in March, said that he received authorization to deploy troops at 5:08 p.m. and immediately dispatched those forces, already loaded onto several buses to depart the D.C. Armory.

“Every minute mattered. You have to understand: These are my friends here,” Walker said, referring to his close relationship with former Capitol Police chief Steven Sund, who was forced to resign following the attack, and other law enforcement officials. He called the report “incomplete,” “inaccurate” and “sloppy work.”

Walker’s objection to the published details in the report injects fresh tension into the ongoing political turmoil and finger-pointing stemming from the assault, in which supporters of President Donald Trump smashed their way into Congress in a violent attempt to halt certification of the electoral college count affirming his defeat. The Capitol was breached at 1:50 p.m., but National Guard members were not sworn in to assist police until 5:40 p.m., after senior Army officials settled on a plan.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

filly wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:26 pm I believe this is a different House panel,
Yes, but I haven't had the energy to track it down. ;) One committee looks like every other committee.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:55 pm
filly wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:26 pm I believe this is a different House panel,
Yes, but I haven't had the energy to track it down. ;) One committee looks like every other committee.
"Oh, see, you wanted the Committee *on* Redundant Investigations. We're the Committee *of* Reundant Investigations. We're the committee that other committee is investigating. Try Room A112, instead."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:lol:
filly

Post by filly »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:06 am
Volkonski wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:55 pm
"Oh, see, you wanted the Committee *on* Redundant Investigations. We're the Committee *of* Reundant Investigations. We're the committee that other committee is investigating. Try Room A112, instead."
IIRC the House has a select committee on the COVID response.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”