January 6 Select Committee

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by raison de arizona »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:42 pm https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1 ... 6251234306

George Conway🌻
@gtconway3d
"In the past 24 hours, there has been an uptick in the number of violent threats against lawmakers on the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, and all lawmakers on the committee are likely to receive a security detail.
"
Quote Tweet
Jacqueline Alemany
@JaxAlemany
· Jun 22
News: Lawmakers on Jan. 6 committee ramp up their security as threats increase. With @AmyEGardner @jdawsey1 >> https://washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/
Well, that's nice for the lawmakers. WaPo should interview the Freemans for comment. :fuckyou:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

at the meeting, participants demanded Clark show his evidence of fraud.

Rosen: after preliminaries, trump turned to Rosen and said "one thing we know, Rosen, is you won't do anything. YOu don't agree with the claims of election fraud. This other guy might do something."

Rosen: You're right, i won't allow the doj to do anything to overturn the election bc that's consistent with the facts, law and constitution....that's the right thing to do.

Donoghue: I want to make clear, one particular AG,(missed name) was told not to resign because they needed someone reliable in that position, even though he said he would resign.

Donoghue: (not dressed appropriately bc he was called hurriedly so he stayed in back .trump told him to come front and center. ) trump wanted to know how people felt about replacing rosen with clark. Early on trump said "what do I have to lose?"

You have a great deal to lose, what the country has to lose and depts has to lose. Everyone chimed in, consistent with how damaging it would be to the country and to him personally. At some point convo turned into whether clark was qualified/competent. In my mind he clearly was not. It was a heated convo. I felt it useful to point out clark didn't have teh skills or abilities to run the dept. Youre talking about putting a man in that seat whose never tried a case or conducted a criminal investigation, turn the place on a dime and produce results in a matter of days. It will fail. He's never been in front of a trial jury, grand jury, never been to Wray's office.

Clark tried to defend himself saying he'd been involved in significant civil litigation.

Kinzinger : Did anyone support clark?
Donoghue: No one.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Donoghue: (re mass resignations?) In response to "what do i have to lose?" "suppose I do this, suppose I place him with him, what would you do?

Mr President I would resign immediately. He's completely incompetant.

He asked Engel would you resign? Engel: ABsolutely, you leave me no choice.

Every single aid will walk out. Leadership will walk out within hours. It would have led to resignations across depts in Washing. You'll have hundreds and hundreds of resignations. What is that going to say about you?

Engel: (trump asked what would your reaction be?) Steve, you wouldn't leave would you? Mr prez I've been with you through four AGS, but i won't be part of this.

Cipollone said this is a murder/suicide pact.

Donoghue: Pointed out the DOJ would be a graveyard. Clark would be left leading a graveyard.

Engel: All Clark is doing by putting himself forward is blowing himself up and it would be a grievious error for trump as well.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

By the end of meeting, it was clear trump had changed his mind. Clark tried to change it back but trump said, no, his mind was made up.

trump called Donoghue later that night with a story about a truck in ICE security in GA. He was told that's a DHS issue.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

ON jan 6, Rosen was at the DOJ, on the phone all day with various people, congressional leaders, doj, dod, Pelosi, Schumer, McCarthy, McConnell cos, with congress is begging for help. He sent over abents to help restore order. He spoke to Pence twice, once to let pence know what he was doing. A conference call about 7 pm to address what time congress could reassemble. donoghue went to the rotunda and was able to tell ppl in person 8:00 would work.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Once congress was gaveled back in, and the building was swept for people hiding, explosive devices, etc, Donoghue left. He spoke to many people that day but not trump.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Pardon requests:

(two videos, two people, missed their names, were asked, "Who asked for pardons?)

"Matt Gaetz and unnamed others."
broad pardons "from beginning of time up until today."
Brooks asked for blanket pardons for all members of meetings _____ and Jan 21.
Biggs
Jordan's name came up but never asked for one.
Gohmert
Perry
No contact from MTG but it was said she asked the WH directly for one

hinted at a blanket pardon for everyone, all staff,

ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Clark pleaded the fifth 125 times before the committee.

ImageImageImage x4
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:18 pm
just gotta love the co-conspirators copping to co-conspiring
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:39 pm
So... They are saying Jordan did ask for one? :shock:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Very careful with their wording. This doesn't mean that they didn't ask meadows for one
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

You're talking about putting a man in that seat whose never tried a case or conducted a criminal investigation,

I wanna know how he had not already been made a Federal Judge.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

And ya got Mo Brooks asking for pardons for all the Republicans who joined the TX v PA lawsuit.

Now why would that be necessary if everything was on the up and up?

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Slim: thanks so much for your excellent recapping today.. I had to tear myself away from the hearings to attend happy hour with friends. During happy hour, we were still following the hearings on our phones. One friend was following Seth Abramson; I was following, of course, Fogbow.

Rachel made the excellent point that DOJ attorney Steven Engel finally got through to Trump by telling him that the bigger story--page 1--would be that Trump had appointed an unqualified stooge as his third AG in two weeks, not that the stooge had sent out a letter pressuring Georgia.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

hmmm some corrupt Justice's wife knows the new player Ken Klukowski
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.mediamatters.org/donald-tru ... nistration
Breitbart.com writer Ken Klukowski has joined the White House’s Office of Management and Budget. The right-wing pundit and lawyer has a history of pushing anti-LGBTQ commentary, including telling readers there’s a “homosexual agenda” moving forward in the courts and falsely claiming that research proves that same-sex parents are bad for children.

Klukowski has worked for a variety of right-wing organizations, including Breitbart.com, the American Civil Rights Union, First Liberty Institute, Liberty University School of Law, and Family Research Council. As a lawyer, Klukowski has filed numerous briefs supporting right-wing causes. He joined the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) as a special counsel in late August. OMB, which is under the direction of Mick Mulvaney, “oversees the performance of federal agencies, and administers the federal budget.”

Klukowksi was previously the director of the Center for Religious Liberty at the Family Research Council. Family Research Council is an influential and extreme anti-LGBTQ group with high levels of access to the Trump-Pence administration. The organization has compared LGBTQ people to pedophiles and advocated for the discredited and harmful practice of conversion therapy. It also states on its website: “Family Research Council believes that homosexual conduct is harmful to the persons who engage in it and to society at large, and can never be affirmed.”

Klukowski is also an ally of the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), another of the most influential anti-LGBTQ groups in the country. Sarah Posner wrote in The Nation that “Klukowski has said that he attended ADF legal trainings, and he also authored a rosy profile of the organization for Breitbart in 2012, in which he lauded its ‘massive and growing impact in courtrooms across America.’” He joins numerous other ADF-allied lawyers who have held government positions; Media Matters has identified more than 100 such allies who worked in Congress, federal agencies, state and federal courts, city and state governments, and local school boards in 2018.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

PUBLISHED 09/04/19
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Clark and Klukowski got the outlines and points in their Georgia letter from someone. I don't think Eastman acted alone. I strongly suspect Ginni Thomas and her right-wing network were behind it.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:35 pm
PUBLISHED 09/04/19
I know that. Media Matters had him in their sites when he first joined the DOJ. (If not sooner.)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He seems nice.

ImageImageImage x4
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Jeff seems to have lost his iPhone. :biggrin:

https://twitter.com/petestrzok/status/1 ... 7562062852
Clark phone.jpeg
Clark phone.jpeg (55.99 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:31 pm https://www.mediamatters.org/donald-tru ... nistration
Breitbart.com writer Ken Klukowski has joined the White House’s Office of Management and Budget. The right-wing pundit and lawyer has a history of pushing anti-LGBTQ commentary, including telling readers there’s a “homosexual agenda” moving forward in the courts and falsely claiming that research proves that same-sex parents are bad for children.

Klukowski has worked for a variety of right-wing organizations, including Breitbart.com, the American Civil Rights Union, First Liberty Institute, Liberty University School of Law, and Family Research Council. As a lawyer, Klukowski has filed numerous briefs supporting right-wing causes. He joined the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) as a special counsel in late August. OMB, which is under the direction of Mick Mulvaney, “oversees the performance of federal agencies, and administers the federal budget.”

Klukowksi was previously the director of the Center for Religious Liberty at the Family Research Council. Family Research Council is an influential and extreme anti-LGBTQ group with high levels of access to the Trump-Pence administration. The organization has compared LGBTQ people to pedophiles and advocated for the discredited and harmful practice of conversion therapy. It also states on its website: “Family Research Council believes that homosexual conduct is harmful to the persons who engage in it and to society at large, and can never be affirmed.”

Klukowski is also an ally of the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), another of the most influential anti-LGBTQ groups in the country. Sarah Posner wrote in The Nation that “Klukowski has said that he attended ADF legal trainings, and he also authored a rosy profile of the organization for Breitbart in 2012, in which he lauded its ‘massive and growing impact in courtrooms across America.’” He joins numerous other ADF-allied lawyers who have held government positions; Media Matters has identified more than 100 such allies who worked in Congress, federal agencies, state and federal courts, city and state governments, and local school boards in 2018.
He's officially on my dildo gift list.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Watching a panel on MSNBC and Stephanie Ruhle posited that the reason the co-conspirators didn't get their pardons was bc someone explained to trump they then would be unable to plead the fifth if forced to testify.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”