January 6 Select Committee

Kendra

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by Kendra »

JUST IN: Trump has formally asked the appeals court to immediately block the district court ruling giving Jan. 6 investigators access to his WH records.

Here is the schedule he proposes for the appeals court review of the matter:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

He’s desperate.

:lol:
much ado

Post by much ado »

I wonder what he has to hide? :think: :o :thumbsup: :rotflmao:
filly

Post by filly »

T***p's lawyers don't seem to understand how injunctions work. Legal stuff.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

filly wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm :snippity:

I guess that's what happens when you go with the lowest bidders :shrug: :rotflmao:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

trump atty: Retainer? We don't need no stinkin' retainer!

Accounting: Wait, whut?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
filly

Post by filly »

filly

Post by filly »

Millet and Wilkins are Obama appointees, Jackson a Biden appointee. :shrug:
raison de arizona

November 30th? Garg. The wheels of justice and all I suppose.

And color me astonished:
Mark Meadows says he won't cooperate with House January 6 committee until court rules on Trump privilege claim
:snippity:
"Contrary to decades of consistent bipartisan opinions from the Justice Department that senior aides cannot be compelled by Congress to give testimony, this is the first President to make no effort whatsoever to protect presidential communications from being the subject of compelled testimony. Mr. Meadows remains under the instructions of former President Trump to respect longstanding principles of executive privilege. It now appears the courts will have to resolve this conflict," Terwilliger told CNN in a statement.
:snippity:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/11/politics ... index.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

From an appellate-court standpoint, the cost-benefit is there: the delay is relatively minimal, and it is a novel question.

And a full-throated case stands a slightly better chance of passing the inevitable (shadow-docket) SCOTUS application.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:21 pm

I guess that's what happens when you go with the lowest bidders :shrug: :rotflmao:
Who are stupid enough to agree to net 30 billing.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
filly

Post by filly »

It’s a dumb issue. Due respect to Mike but he does not practice law day to day. While the ivory tower has a place I strongly disagree with him. Judge Chutkun addressed this bullshit issue very thoroughly in her opinion.
raison de arizona

Gregg wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:18 pm

Everything needs to be up front with tfg. He's done this for DECADES. Like fifty years or more. Anyone stupid enough to get snookered by him deserves it in spades.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

filly wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:31 pm It’s a dumb issue. Due respect to Mike but he does not practice law day to day. While the ivory tower has a place I strongly disagree with him. Judge Chutkun addressed this bullshit issue very thoroughly in her opinion.
While I think Trump is unlikely to prevail in the NARA executive privilege litigation, I think a brief stay while the CADC considers the issue on an expedited basis is probably for the best. Otherwise, there would be the very real possibility of an early intervention by the Supreme Court. While I doubt that the Supreme Court would address the merits of the executive privilege issue at this point, we could end up with some bad precedent on when stays pending appeal are appropriate in executive privilege cases. This could impact stays in other areas of the law, such as the governmental deliberative process privilege.
filly

Post by filly »

I don’t think this is precedential re stays pending appeal. If the purpose is to make the decision more bulletproof to SCOTUS I think that hope is misplaced. This “slight delay” is two weeks to hearing , God knows how long to the opinion, petition for rehearing en banc, and appeal to SCOTUS. That could take 6 months or more.

It’s obvious to me that the attempt to assert executive privilege here is made in bad faith. But it apparently will succeed in helping run out the clock.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Try living in my world of media buying. Net 30 is standard as is net 60
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

:popcorn:

Trump says it was ‘common sense’ for Jan. 6 rioters to chant ‘Hang Mike Pence!’
Former president Donald Trump said he considered it “common sense” for his supporters to chant “Hang Mike Pence!” during the Jan. 6 insurrection but that he never feared for his vice president’s safety.

Audio of Trump’s comments to ABC News’s Jonathan Karl were published Friday by Axios in advance of a forthcoming book by Karl.

In the exchange, Trump again took issue with Pence for not intervening to change the results as he presided over the count of electoral college votes by Congress. The count was ultimately interrupted after rioters breached the Capitol and Pence was whisked out of the House chamber amid threats on his life.

Asked by Karl if he was worried about Pence’s safety, Trump said: “No, I thought he was well-protected.”

“I had heard that he was in good shape,” Trump said. “I had heard he was in very good shape.”

After Karl pointed out that protesters were chanting “Hang Mike Pence,” Trump seemed to defend the chant as he repeated his baseless claims that he election result was fraudulent.

“Because it’s common sense, Jon,” Trump said. “It’s common sense that you’re supposed to protect. How can you — if you know a vote is fraudulent, right? — how can you pass on a fraudulent vote to Congress? How can you do that?”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

net 30 billing ? :confuzzled:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:52 am

Do you really have trouble? My experience has been that most companies pay their bills on time. Although enough don't that I suppose it is a hassle. We also had net 90 for our non-profit folk that took awhile to scrape together the bucks.
raison de arizona

Off Topic
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:59 am net 30 billing ? :confuzzled:
You get 30 calendar days after getting the bill to pay said bill before it is... Late!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:26 am
Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:52 am

Do you really have trouble? My experience has been that most companies pay their bills on time. Although enough don't that I suppose it is a hassle. We also had net 90 for our non-profit folk that took awhile to scrape together the bucks.
Some of my older QSR clients often have net 60-net 90 because they have really old franchisees who never pay their bills on time. Since most QSRs operate on franchised media, the media plan consists of a pool of money collected from the franchises.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
filly

Post by filly »

MsDaisy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:18 am :popcorn:

Trump says it was ‘common sense’ for Jan. 6 rioters to chant ‘Hang Mike Pence!’
Former president Donald Trump said he considered it “common sense” for his supporters to chant “Hang Mike Pence!” during the Jan. 6 insurrection but that he never feared for his vice president’s safety.

Audio of Trump’s comments to ABC News’s Jonathan Karl were published Friday by Axios in advance of a forthcoming book by Karl.

In the exchange, Trump again took issue with Pence for not intervening to change the results as he presided over the count of electoral college votes by Congress. The count was ultimately interrupted after rioters breached the Capitol and Pence was whisked out of the House chamber amid threats on his life.

Asked by Karl if he was worried about Pence’s safety, Trump said: “No, I thought he was well-protected.”

“I had heard that he was in good shape,” Trump said. “I had heard he was in very good shape.”

After Karl pointed out that protesters were chanting “Hang Mike Pence,” Trump seemed to defend the chant as he repeated his baseless claims that he election result was fraudulent.

“Because it’s common sense, Jon,” Trump said. “It’s common sense that you’re supposed to protect. How can you — if you know a vote is fraudulent, right? — how can you pass on a fraudulent vote to Congress? How can you do that?”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Sounds like somebody is waiving his fake privilege claims?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Has Pence ever commented one way or another that he feels the election was stolen?

I know a lot of ppl cloud the issue by using “irregularities” but that’s not the same as saying Biden stole it.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”