Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

pipistrelle

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by pipistrelle »

And Ali. Why is he still free?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

filly wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:10 pm IIRC "contempt of Congress" needs to be voted on by the House. Then enforcement would go to DOJ. Hopefully Merrick Garland will play ball. I should think the minds at the DOJ could come up with criminal contempt charges. That might get the attention of this miscreants.
You're right.

https://www.findlaw.com/litigation/lega ... lties.html

However, do you think that the Democrat-controlled House would have any trouble at all finding a majority to hold someone in contempt.

Merrick Garland, however, is another issue.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

noblepa wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:39 pm
Agreed, I know I'll get pitch forks and torches from the Fogbozers, but I'm glad that he didn't get the SCOTUS seat, Obama should have nominated someone with a spine to get declined....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:05 am
noblepa wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:39 pm
Agreed, I know I'll get pitch forks and torches from the Fogbozers, but I'm glad that he didn't get the SCOTUS seat, Obama should have nominated someone with a spine to get declined....
:torches: GORSUCH
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Member of the US House Select Jan 6 Committee tells me, "We're still awaiting on a response from those individuals" ... when I asked about the subpoenas to Mark Meadows, Steve Bannon
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:25 pm
Member of the US House Select Jan 6 Committee tells me, "We're still awaiting on a response from those individuals" ... when I asked about the subpoenas to Mark Meadows, Steve Bannon
:torches: lock 'em up! :mrgreen:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming:

Yes!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:14 pm And Ali. Why is he still free?
Its very possible Ali had a big mouth, soaked up griftbux, but in reality did fuck all to orginise anything.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Amy woke up. Buncho crazy on her timeline.

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Still hoping and expecting they'll get to Ali Alexander (born Ali Abdul-Razaq Akbar), Amy and Kylie's testimony should be helpful. Akbar is key to the congresspeople who participated, maybe that's all a later tranche.

And yes about Foggy's pal Amy... tried to brighten her day. Somebody had the nerve to tell her to quit! But J6 Committee is the opposite, DON'T QUIT, produce those documents and join your daughter for your depositions.
Amy Kremer @AmyKremer
They want me to quit.
I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE.
7:55 PM · Sep 30, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

OrlyLicious @Orly_licious 1m
Replying to @AmyKremer
Amy, That's awful, who are "they"? Thankfully the #J6 Committee issuing you & @KylieJaneKremer subpoenas are the opposite. They *don't* want you to quit, but to produce documents about the #CapitolRiot by Oct 13. And to appear for #MotherDaughterDay depositions Oct 29. #YouGoGirl

She's upset the GOP isn't reaching out to her... reminded her that her Democratic friends are reaching out.

Here's Amy's letter in Word:
► Show Spoiler

Amy's also hit Orly Taitz' magic number -- $20,000! FEC fines. Didn't see a comment from Orly yet. :P

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

'Course you're not going anywhere, babydoll. 'Course you're not gonna quit.

You're going to FIGHT HARDER THAT'S WHAT. You're going to FIGHT LIKE HELL!

Nobody's going to call my pal Amy a quitter. :fingerwag:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Amy has not yet begun to fight! Her pinned tweet now is with photos of her insurrection rally because she's so darn proud of it. Legally, we all know that continuing to post on social media and shoot off our mouths is the best preparation for a deposition or criminal charges. Foggy, did you give her that learned advice, or did Amy and Kylie come up with that on their own?

Foggy, Think of all the memories you'd be treasuring if you had been on that bus with your pal Amy. That's the only sad part.

Amy Bus.JPG
Amy Bus.JPG (86.32 KiB) Viewed 1000 times

PS: The fruit of Amy's loins, Kylie Jane, reminded her they did hear from one more republican -- Louie Gohmert. So that makes it MQG, Chip Roy and Gohmert. Only the best.
Amy Kremer @AmyKremer 12h
@KylieJaneKremer reminded me…@replouiegohmert too.

He is always a #freedomfighter!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

Oh my. As everybody knows, Roger Stone is on Team Ali Akbar. They were all mad at Amy and said she was grifting... Akbar had a lot of beef with Amy and Kylie.

Now Roger posts this. Foggy, you may have to stick up for your pal Amy here:

Roger Amy.JPG
Roger Amy.JPG (162.43 KiB) Viewed 994 times
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I may be misremembering, but wasnt Clarence Thomas's wife somehow connected to the rally?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:50 am I may be misremembering, but wasnt Clarence Thomas's wife somehow connected to the rally?
she spoke.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

Flatpoint High wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:59 am
Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:50 am I may be misremembering, but wasnt Clarence Thomas's wife somehow connected to the rally?
she spoke.
There were rumors that she helped organize and fund buses, but both WaPo and NYT found those to be unfounded. She did end up apologizing for some inappropriate messages on the Supreme Court clerk email list though.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEWS: The Jan. 6 committee took a rare, little-noticed step yesterday — turning its subpoena power on a House staffer who works for
@RepCarolMiller

It's an eye-opening step taken in an unprecedented investigation.

Story w/
@Olivia_Beavers
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 am Oh my. As everybody knows, Roger Stone is on Team Ali Akbar. They were all mad at Amy and said she was grifting... Akbar had a lot of beef with Amy and Kylie.

Now Roger posts this. Foggy, you may have to stick up for your pal Amy here:

Roger Amy.JPG
Oh, my. Oh, Amy, you poor thing. Just remember, dear, only one of you was arrested and convicted of SEVEN FELONIES SO THERE MISTER FANCY PANTS.

He needed a pardon or he'd be the one in prison, babydoll. You just keep that in mind. :daydreaming:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke

Post by Luke »

Foggy's pal Amy needs our help! She's excited about her #MotherDaughter depositions with Kylie Jane, but it's not too early for the most important question: What will she wear?

Hands down we like the pink over the blue (though the belt on the blue is really cute). Suggested she leave the leopard at home, that will just remind the Committee of her J6 insurrection. Posted a tweet to her, she really needs to start planning this! But Foggy's thoughts will carry way more weight with her.

Amy Pink 2.JPG
Amy Pink 2.JPG (42.73 KiB) Viewed 736 times

Amy Blue.jpg
Amy Blue.jpg (359.82 KiB) Viewed 736 times

Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

The blue could work ... maybe with a different head. :P
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:09 pm But Foggy's thoughts will carry way more weight with her.
Just how much more weight is she supposed to carry?

(Sorry, I know we avoid fat jokes here, but really, with a setup like that I am constitutionally, viscerally, and contractually unable to just walk away, so I'll show myself out, then come back in again, using Frater's revolving door.)
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug:
somerset

Post by somerset »

Estiveo wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:14 pm
orlylicious wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:09 pm But Foggy's thoughts will carry way more weight with her.
Just how much more weight is she supposed to carry?

(Sorry, I know we avoid fat jokes here, but really, with a setup like that I am constitutionally, viscerally, and contractually unable to just walk away, so I'll show myself out, then come back in again, using Frater's revolving door.)
(I was thinking exactly the same thing ;) )

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

One does oneself a disservice by adding to the perception that fat/ugly/disabled/different/you-name-it = morally bad. Doubly so because it adds to the perception that it is socially neutral to do so.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”