January 6 Select Committee

Kendra

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Kendra »

Just realized something about the Ron Johnson episode that escaped notice yesterday. Johnson’s chief said he had to rush the false Wisconsin and Michigan certificates to Pence because the National Archives “didn’t receive them.”

But that’s not true.
Down thread:
So it appears RonJohn’s chief either misled Pence’s staff — or was misled himself — about whether the Archives’ received of the false elector certificates.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:55 am Jordan? Gym Jordan? I need a score card, who is this Mark Jefferson?
I believe he is the GOP party director or some such thing in Wisconsin, connected to Johnson.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Trump employee Devin Nunes says if Republicans retake the House, they should launch a “whole host of investigations, especially of the J6 Committee for “doctoring evidence” and “manipulating people.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:01 am
Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:55 am Jordan? Gym Jordan? I need a score card, who is this Mark Jefferson?
I believe he is the GOP party director or some such thing in Wisconsin, connected to Johnson.
Thank you!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep. Jamie Raskin told reporters that the original Jan. 6 hearings "would have wrapped up in June, but we are picking up new evidence on a daily basis with enormous velocity." "The schedule is fluid," added Rep. Stephanie Murphy.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Do they have to wrap the hearings up before election season goes full Monty? trump himself isn't on the ballot and I haven't heard which, if any trump/J6 supporting legislators are running for reelection other than Johnson. I know the butthurt will scream it's free political campaigning but that doesn't make it so. Especially since the overwhelming majority of witnesses are Republicans who will continue to vote Republican, no matter how horrible their candidate is.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 am https:// twitter.com/costareports/status/1539418226651762695
Per the senator, a House intern, name unknown, was able to get a packet of information on electors, author unknown, to the chief of staff of a powerful GOP senator. His. Who then nearly delivered it to the Vice President of the United States to consider.
I bet Pence would have ignored that info as the only legal votes are those he received in sealed boxes from the National Archive. But it would have left said GQP representant looking really stupid like ignorant of the procedures.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

roadscholar wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:54 am
28,000 GA voters skipped the presidential race, but voted down-ballot, which was enough to give the state to Biden.

Pretty sure that was 28K people who still wanted to vote for their local Rs but had been so disgusted by T-Rump they couldn’t bring themselves to vote for him and certainly couldn’t vote Biden, so there you go.
I may be misremembering, and I'll see if I can find the video, but I think I watched Ron Johnson state that's how trump lost Wisconsin. A lot of Rs skipped the presidential race and voted down ballot.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:27 am
roadscholar wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:54 am
28,000 GA voters skipped the presidential race, but voted down-ballot, which was enough to give the state to Biden.

Pretty sure that was 28K people who still wanted to vote for their local Rs but had been so disgusted by T-Rump they couldn’t bring themselves to vote for him and certainly couldn’t vote Biden, so there you go.
I may be misremembering, and I'll see if I can find the video, but I think I watched Ron Johnson state that's how trump lost Wisconsin. A lot of Rs skipped the presidential race and voted down ballot.
Analysis in AZ found that 60k Republican voters (meaning, they had voted for at least half Republicans in down ballot races) did NOT vote for tfg.

Hard to believe, I know.

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/maps-s ... 0-election
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So, Ron Johnson’s intern decided to commit sedition on his own and present a fake slate of electors for two states to the Vice President of the US in an attempt to subvert the will of the voters and install Trump to the presidency without his boss’s knowledge? That’s the story?
Clairez

Post by Clairez »

Not that hard for me to believe. I talked to my step-mother before the election, who is very Republican and was shocked to hear how badly she disparaged Trump.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEWS: Bennie Thompson tells us that after Thursday, the select committee will resume hearings in July. The panel is reassessing its schedule after significant new tranches of evidence have arrived — including documentary footage, NARA productions and new tips.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Clairez wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:28 pm Not that hard for me to believe. I talked to my step-mother before the election, who is very Republican and was shocked to hear how badly she disparaged Trump.
I remember skipping a governor race one year because I could not vote for the idiot dem candidate and I would not vote for Engler.

I suspect the Republicans not voting on the Presidential ticket rubs Trump worse than Biden receiving more votes. It is a betrayal.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/2 ... e-00041384

:snippity:
Thompson said he has already viewed some of the footage provided by Holder, who is slated to privately speak with the select committee Thursday, though he hasn’t seen all of it yet. He described Holder’s footage as “important” but declined to elaborate.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:27 pm https:// twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1539643047306469376
So, Ron Johnson’s intern decided to commit sedition on his own and present a fake slate of electors for two states to the Vice President of the US in an attempt to subvert the will of the voters and install Trump to the presidency without his boss’s knowledge? That’s the story?
What ought Pence do with a slate of electors, to note uncertified by the Secretary of State :think: He needs votes eg a number, not names. Even when the fake ones were intended to be a substitue for "disqualified" real votes, by objection members of Congress.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

It was like a basketball team being down by 20 points with 30 seconds left, the fake electors were just a way to keep fouling until something worked or the clock ran out.

Scenario 1, Pence says 'Ah, here are the REAL votes from Arizona, I can just round file the ones the Archivist sent over"
Trump wins because he gets all the votes that count

Scenario 2, Pence says "I iz confuzzled, I have two sets of votes from Arizona, so I'mma just set them aside, they cancel each other out and none of them count"
Trump wins because once six states no longer count, Trump has a Majority of the 44 that do.

Scenario 3, Pence says "I can't do this shit on a Tuesday, send all these things back and ask the state legislatures if they want to try again"
Trump wins maybe because if they had gotten this far how many states would have played along?

Scenario 4, Pence says "This is as twisted up as a spaghetti orgy, let's just have the House of Representatives vote on it"
Trump wins because when the house votes, each state delegation gets one vote and more Republican delegations (another one of the many times that 400 square miles of sheep get as much power as the entirety of Brooklyn because when the made the Constitution, mistakes were made)

Scenario 5, The Proud boys take the chamber, hang Mike Pence, install President Camacho as Maximum Leader for Life.

Note that in only one scenario and that the least likely does Pence count the fake electors votes. They were just a thing to point at to confuse the issue and foul the guy again to see if he misses both free throws and we get the rebound and score...
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

And Ron Johnson is as big a liar as he is a traitor.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

The "R congressmen" had some things in the works if they could get Pence just to say (unofficially or not) he has seen multiple slates of electors. At the time, a couple of them were already mentioning it in their TV hits, but it came off like, "WTF is he talking about?"
Jim

Post by Jim »

Sorry if already posted
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep. Lofgren was just on CNN with Erin Burnett. Apparently there will be some focus on pardons tomorrow, but wouldn't name names and said to stay tuned and watch tomorrow's hearing. :popcorn:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

northland10 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:01 pm
Clairez wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:28 pm Not that hard for me to believe. I talked to my step-mother before the election, who is very Republican and was shocked to hear how badly she disparaged Trump.
I remember skipping a governor race one year because I could not vote for the idiot dem candidate and I would not vote for Engler.

I suspect the Republicans not voting on the Presidential ticket rubs Trump worse than Biden receiving more votes. It is a betrayal.
Nah. He would never believe that.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:26 pm Rep. Lofgren was just on CNN with Erin Burnett. Apparently there will be some focus on pardons tomorrow, but wouldn't name names and said to stay tuned and watch tomorrow's hearing. :popcorn:
Slightly offtopic, but also on. I listened to a season of the podcast American Scandal about Iran-Contra and the hearings that followed. George H.W. Bush pardoned Caspar Weinberger, who had been indicted for lying to Congress and obstructing justice. Just days before the presidential election, a superseding indictment charged Weinberger with conduct which, if true, directly contradicted stuff Bush had said publicly. One of the DOJ prosecutors was interviewed on the podcast, and he said that while the pardon itself was valid, the fact of the pardon could be considered obstruction of justice if the DOJ could show that the pardon was offered in exchange for silence. Apparently, the potential for pardons was bandied about quite a bit in the last days of the Bush presidency (as in all presidencies, I imagine).

I just thought it was interesting that what happened with Iran-Contra was not all that different from either of the impeachment trials or the last days of the Trump presidency.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Trump pressured DOJ to falsely declare that the 2020 election was corrupt and investigate discredited claims of election fraud, Jan. 6 committee expected to show at fifth hearing tomorrow — and could raise Scott Perry pardon request.
@GuardianUS
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Reason 5,345,234,644 why I despise Trump. He creates small little moments where I am actually happy with Barr (i.e. when he blew off Trump regarding the election). I will never forgive Trump for that.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Is it time yet? :waiting:

Can't wait to see more. Don't know if the other networks are showing this clip, Discovery + apparently is the streaming service who got the film. D+ is now parent network of CNN.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”