January 6 Select Committee

W. Kevin Vicklund

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Foggy wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:32 pm The blue could work ... maybe with a different head. :P
I think someone needs to photoshop a stand with a bible on it in the picture with her in the pink. At first I thought she was swearing in for a trial.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Haven't seen a link yet, but Wolf Blitzer made brief comment that one of those recently subpoenaed by Commission has cooperated. I *think* he said one of those served last week, not the first round.

I believe for the first round, their drop dead date to respond is Thursday?
much ado

Post by much ado »

I'm sorry, but when I see her in pink, all I can think of is Dolores Umbridge. Is it just me?

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

much ado wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:00 pm I'm sorry, but when I see her in pink, all I can think of is Dolores Umbridge. Is it just me?

Why is there a picture of Betsy DeVos in this thread?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Apparently Dan Scavino has been hiding out ducking process servers
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/0 ... n-6-515324
Richard Donoghue — formerly the Justice Department’s second-in-command — appeared for a closed-door interview on Friday with the select panel investigating Jan. 6, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

The interview comes as the panel accelerates its probe of the events leading up to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Donoghue’s tenure at the Justice Department in the final days of the Trump administration has drawn scrutiny from congressional investigators as they explore the former president’s attempts to pressure the department to interfere in the 2020 election.

A spokesperson for the panel declined to comment. A lawyer representing Donoghue did not respond to a request for comment.

Donoghue also completed a closed-door interview with the Senate Judiciary Committee at the beginning of August.
That's all there is at the link.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Steve Bannon wasn't part of the administration on Jan. 6, 2020. He was a podcast host then under indictment for wire fraud. Can podcast hosts claim executive privilege?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:00 am https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/14 ... 001222165
Steve Bannon wasn't part of the administration on Jan. 6, 2020. He was a podcast host then under indictment for wire fraud. Can podcast hosts claim executive privilege?
He can claim to be a watermelon, doesn't make it so.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ooooh. Will they claim executive privilege?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:32 pm The blue could work ... maybe with a different head. :P
Looks like the car cover for a Ford Excursion to me.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

AKBAR! Saw the tweet above, but the story in his topic. That's so nice, maybe he can have study nights with Foggy's pal Amy Kremer. :P
Jan. 6 committee subpoenas 'Stop the Steal' rally organizer
Ali Alexander said in a since-deleted video that he worked with three House Republicans to pressure lawmakers to overturn Trump's election loss.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/0 ... zer-515608
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So, defiance from all four it seems. :?: Just who is going to pay their legal bills? Trump? Ask Michael Cohen about how well those promises went.
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

filly

Post by filly »

And of course the Twitter world is demanding Bannon's arrest by sundown. :roll: Twitter is not real life (although it is useful for disseminating official information).
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... 6-n1281120
WASHINGTON — The White House on Friday formally blocked an attempt by former President Donald Trump to withhold documents from Congress related to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, setting up a legal showdown between the current and former president over executive privilege.

In a letter to the National Archives obtained by NBC News, White House Counsel Dana Remus rejected Trump’s attorneys' attempt to withhold documents requested by the House Select Committee regarding the then-president’s activities on Jan. 6, writing that “President Biden has determined that an assertion of executive privilege is not in the best interests of the United States, and therefore is not justified as to any of the documents.”

“These are unique and extraordinary circumstances,” Remus added. “Congress is examining an assault on our Constitution and democratic institutions provoked and fanned by those sworn to protect them, and the conduct under investigation extends far beyond typical deliberations concerning the proper discharge of the President’s constitutional responsibilities. The constitutional protections of executive privilege should not be used to shield, from Congress or the public, information that reflects a clear and apparent effort to subvert the Constitution itself.”
filly

Post by filly »

Like everything else the T***p administration did in a half-assed manner, I have to wonder how carefully the White House phone logs were maintained. I also suspect that many of the phone calls between the miscreants were done on personal cell phones (or burners!) and not on official government phones. But there clearly are some records that are being turned over.

Bannon's claims that anything he was involved with are covered by executive privilege fail on their face as he was not part of the executive branch. I've also seen T***p's spokesperson claim attorney-client privilege. These claims also fail on their face.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

I don’t get how Bannon can even try to claim executive privilege for the events of 1/6/2021 when he wasn’t even in the employ of the executive branch since 2017. Is the argument that they were planning 1/6/2021 as far back as 2017? I don’t get it.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:05 am I don’t get how Bannon can even try to claim executive privilege for the events of 1/6/2021 when he wasn’t even in the employ of the executive branch since 2017. Is the argument that they were planning 1/6/2021 as far back as 2017? I don’t get it.
I don't think he believes it himself. He's just trying to burn the place down.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

No ask, no get.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”