Kendra

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Kendra »

:biggrin:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Donoghue Dec 27 convo: The president became more urgent and more adamant we weren't doing our job We need to step up and do our job.

I made it very clear to the president what our investigations (actual witnesses, actual review of documents) these allegations had no merit. A lot of people were whispering in his ear with these allegations. He hoped (Donoghue) he could make trump understand 90-2 hr convo, saying :No, that's false. That's not true, as trump danced from theory to theory.

theories The MI report about the 68% error rate, which was hand recounted and compared to machines, and, for the ballots counted by machine, there was one ballot error. .003% error rate. Made it very clear to trump, bc he was so fixated, that, in fact, our invest revealed the error rate was 0.003%, what people are telling you, Mr prez, are not true.

the truck driver theory: Also incorrect. they investigated and found nothing. The driver may have believed it, but it wasn't true.

"There were a series of others, mostly in swing states" He wanted to talk a lot about Georgia. trump said "fraud is staring you right in the face."

Donoghue took hand written notes taken during these meetings bc, at teh onset trump made an allegation he had not heard. more than 200K ballots were certified in PA but not actually cast. Sometimes trump said 205K sometimes 250K.

going to look at notes.

"Where is DOJ?" I tried to explain to trump on bunch o'days, we are not quality control on the states.bottom line is if the state ran their election incorrectly, that state is supposed to fix it, or their legislature fix it. but its not in the DOJ job description. "the DOJ does not have standing. We tried to explain that to prez on numerous occasions."
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

just covered the "Just announce election corrupt and leave the rest to me and R congressmen."

trump: We have an obligation to tell the public this was an illegal and corrupt election.

Donoghue - trump was more agitated than on Dec 15. He was adamant he won and we were not doing our job.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Rosen: I told him our review had not shown the election corrupt. We had an extended discussion with him urging the doj should be doing more re: election fraud.

He mentioned Clark's name in passing. "peculiar reference" Did I know Jeff Clark. I said I did. Then the convo moved on. When I hung up, i was quizzical as to how trump knew Clark.

Meadows tweet: Several members of congress finished meeting in OO to fight back against mounting evidence of voter fraud.

ImageImageImage x4
much ado

Post by much ado »

I really hope someone makes a fairly detailed timeline of Trump's conversations and actions since the election. I hope NYT or WaPo will undertake it.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Scott Perry brought a doj official, named Clark, to see trump on 12/22. "when trump asked if I would make an introduction, I obliged."

Why clark?
clip of rudy: Beyond the president, I do recall saying to ppl that somebody should be put in charge of doj who isn't frightened of what is going to be done to their reputation bc ....is filled with that.

Cassidy Hutchinson clip: he wanted mr Jeff Clark to take over the doj.

Rosen called Clark and asked if there was something he shoiuld know. He finally acknowledged he'd gone to a meeting with trump, which surprised me. I aske dhow it happened. He was defense, said it was unplanned, talking to someone he called "General Perry" (not congressman) Found himself in the OO and was sorry he didn't tell Rosen first (which he should have cleared first). He never did tell Rosen, Rosen brought it up.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Only the AG and DAG should speak with the presz about criminal matters.

Engel: This is so the DOJ can carry out their investigations freely, which is difficult if potus is gabbing away with, say, environmental lawyers. (paraphrasing)

Kinzinger: Cipollone told Clark to stand down and he didn't. Perry was telling Meadows to elevate Clark.

texts: Perry - 11 days to Jan 6 and 25 to inauguration. We have to get going.

Meadows: Let me work on it.

Perry: Did you call Jeff Clark?

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

trump told Donoghue that people don't trust the FBI. PA certified more votes than actually cast.

Donoghue:
Mr. Perry said he had a great deal of information. Investigations done. Some type of forensic report that would be helpful.

Sir, if you have something you think is relavent to the doj, send it to me.
Perry sent it.

I looked at it and then forwarded to the AG WD PA. They looked at it,but he got back with a pretty clear explantion there was no foundation for concern. They did not certify more votes than cast. The problem was that several counties were slow uploading their results which made it appear more certified than cast at that time.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Dec 28, the fake doj letter that they found fraud.

Donoghue had to read the letter twice. He had to sit down and compose the perfect response. He wanted to give a prompt response rejecting the letter out of hand.

Not our job to tell states how to select electors but more importantly, it was not based on fact.

If it happened, spiral into constitutional crisis. Clark did not appreciate the response.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

had a meeting with Clark. "What you are doing is nothing less than the USDOJ meddling in the outcome of a presidential election. " "It was a very contentious meeting."

Clark continued to push afterwards despite what he was told.

Clark began calling witnesses and conducting his own investigation.

Re foreign interference. He was told there was none, but he still thought they should send the letter.

Clark was confronted about conducting his own investigations. Clark was confrontational and defensive.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:55 pm Why clark?
clip of rudy: Beyond the president, I do recall saying to ppl that somebody should be put in charge of doj who isn't frightened of what is going to be done to their reputation bc ....is filled with that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:05 pm had a meeting with Clark. "What you are doing is nothing less than the USDOJ meddling in the outcome of a presidential election. " "It was a very contentious meeting."

Clark continued to push afterwards despite what he was told.

Clark began calling witnesses and conducting his own investigation.

Re foreign interference. He was told there was none, but he still thought they should send the letter.

Clark was confronted about conducting his own investigations. Clark was confrontational and defensive.
Clark was trying to run his own shadow justice department. Jeez
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

new name (to me) Klukowski - arrived a few days before Jan 6, assigned to work under Clark.

Klukowski was working with Clark and Eastman to overturn the election.

Clark on video:
(missed ?)
"Fifth and ex priv."
Did you continue to work to overturn the election after being told by Barr there is no fraud? (paraphrased)
"Fifth."

ten minute break.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

WaPo is discussing AG responsibilities, ie have to be impartial despite being appointed by such and such president. Also that Clark was totally unqualified to be AG. He had zero experience required for such a position.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

The GA letter: The Eastman/Klukowski corroboration news just broke today. Since Clark had no such experience, Klukowski and Eastman sussed it out.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Clark had already, essentially, been told by trump he would take over as AG, until Rosen and Donoghue rushed back to the OO (one of them muddy from running) to stop what would have become the "Sunday Night Massacre." trump backed down once they convinced him it would backfire.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

trump had a lawsuit document prepared for him by someone but doj refused to file.

it was written by people who dont know the law or scotus.

They had to prepare talking points to help explain this to trump (I got the impression by "talking points" they meant "dumb it down."

trump wanted a state AG appointed to a fraud special counsel, which is unusual, but not unheard of.

Barr, then Rosen, refused and said there was no reason for it. Barr clip saying he has no plan to do so.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

trump offered special counsel job to Squidney, via clip of her.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks, Slim! :thumbsup:

Thanks to all posting clips and comments.

:bighug:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

trump rushed back from FL on dec 31 on NYE with Rosen and Donoghue.

The president was a little more agitated than he had been on the 15th. He discussed variety of election matters. He did say this sounds like the kind of thing that would warrant special counsel.

prez said something about "Why don't you guys seize machines?"

Rosen said they'd seen nothing improve about machines....it was not appropriate. Also, no legal authority.

Donoghue: When told they wouldn't seize, trump was agitated. trump wanted DHS.
trump to staffer: "Get Cuchinelli on the phone!!" he then yelled at Cuchinelli, I was told it's your job to seize machines and you're not doing your job.

Rosen: I never told him that.

per Donoghue - trump: People tell me I should get rid of both of you. Maybe with Jeff Clark and something will finally get done.

Donoghue: You can have the leadership you want, but the DOJ position won't change.

Meadows sent emails to Rosen to ask doj to look into set of new allegations:

1. signature match anomalies in Fulton County - send Jeff Clark.
Rosen: we didn't do it but it was the first Rosen saw the corroboration)

2. doj lawyers should investigate fraud in New Mexico.
Rosen: concern about emails bc it was from a campaign. its now our job to function as part of anyone's campaign.

3. Italian satellite switched votes - (came from deep within the internet and found its way all the way to trumpj) Why can't we just work with the Italian government? Now playing youtube CT video

Donoghue impression of video: I emailed the AAG and said "Pure insanity."

Meadows called Rosen and asked to meet with Mr Johnson and I told him the whole Italy thing has been debunked and I'm not meeting with anyone. Why won't you meet with him, he has evidence. Rosen said tell him to take his evidence to any FBI office.

Meadows: Johnson is working with Giuliani and Rudy is offended that Johnson has to go to an FBI office. Why can't you just meet with him?

Rosen: No way I'm going to do that. Not going to meet with Johnson or Giuliani. Dont raise this with me again.

Donoghue got a call from Kash Patel in DOD - Patel said do you know anything about this Italy thing? Donoghue: We looked into it a little bit. That individual is in custody in Italy for cyber offense. The whole thing was very murky at best and the video is absurd. We won't have anything to do with it.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1 ... 6251234306

George Conway🌻
@gtconway3d
"In the past 24 hours, there has been an uptick in the number of violent threats against lawmakers on the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, and all lawmakers on the committee are likely to receive a security detail.
"
Quote Tweet
Jacqueline Alemany
@JaxAlemany
· Jun 22
News: Lawmakers on Jan. 6 committee ramp up their security as threats increase. With @AmyEGardner @jdawsey1 >> https://washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Rosen: i told clark he's making a colossal error in judgement but also hoped to persuade him to be more rational and understand there's no factual basis for these assertions. Furhter discussions with prez despite being told not to talk directly to prez. Clark was chastized for being out of line and not honoring his own representations. Clark again said he thought the GA letter should go out and Rosen/Donoghue said no.

The next day Clark told them trump had asked him if he wanted the AG job, trump offered him the job and he'd accepted.

Rosen: I wasn't going to accept being fired by a subordinate so i wanted to talk to trump directly.
i wanted to try to convice prez not to go down the path clark was advocating. Rosen didn't mind being replaced with a qualified indiv, but not Clark.

I did four things when clark left sunday jan 3
1. called mark meadows to see prz asap. meeting set 6:15 that day.
2. called cipiloone and told him what was going on. He said he would be sure to be at the meeting to support doj
3. called steve Engel at home and asked him to go to meeting, which he did. He was quite helpful.
4. asked Donoghue and (???) his cos, to get senior leadership on a call to let them know what was going on. Herschman called to say he would be at the meeting and would support doj.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

when clark told Rosen he would be replacing him, he asked to see Rosen alone so he could offer Rosen the job to stay on as his deputy. He responded "there was no universe in which I would do that."
"I did not accept that offer." (chuckles)

Clark wouldn't stfu about the GA letter.
Clark said he wouldn't take the AG job if Rosen wouild sign GA letter but Rosen and Donoghue were adamant they wouldn't sign the letter.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

DOJ wanted to enlarge the circle of those who knew what trump/clark was trying to do and wanted them prepared in case trump fired Rosen/Donoghue for Clark.

Need to inform AGs to let them know what might happen/need to know asap what responses would be if clark is made AAG. It sounds like all the AAGs they could reach agreed they would all resign.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

by 4:19 on Jan 3, the WH was referring to Clark as acting attorney general.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”