Post by Dr. Ken »

It wasn't just secret service

Big time cover-up
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dave from down under

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Dave from down under »

Failed coup..

Had it succeeded then those messages would have been kept to show loyalty to El Presidente King Donnie I
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Rusty Bowers, AZ House Speaker, is paying the price for his January 6th Committee testimony tonight. Things are looking bleak.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Well then, Alex's day just keeps getting worse :popcorn:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... a-1392270/
The January 6th House committee is preparing to request the trove of Alex Jones’s text messages and emails revealed Wednesday in a defamation lawsuit filed by victims of the Sandy Hook massacre, Rolling Stone has learned.

On Wednesday, Sandy Hook victims’ attorney Mark Bankston told Jones that his attorney had mistakenly sent Bankston three years worth of the conspiracy theorist’s emails and text messages copied from his phone.

Now — a source familiar with the matter and another person briefed on it tell Rolling Stone — the January 6th committee is preparing to request that data from the plaintiff attorneys in order to aid its investigation of the insurrection. These internal deliberations among the committee, which is probing former President Donald Trump’s role in causing the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, began within minutes of the lawyer’s revelation being heard on the trial’s livestream on Wednesday afternoon.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:09 pm Well then, Alex's day just keeps getting worse :popcorn:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... a-1392270/
The January 6th House committee is preparing to request the trove of Alex Jones’s text messages and emails revealed Wednesday in a defamation lawsuit filed by victims of the Sandy Hook massacre, Rolling Stone has learned.

On Wednesday, Sandy Hook victims’ attorney Mark Bankston told Jones that his attorney had mistakenly sent Bankston three years worth of the conspiracy theorist’s emails and text messages copied from his phone.

Now — a source familiar with the matter and another person briefed on it tell Rolling Stone — the January 6th committee is preparing to request that data from the plaintiff attorneys in order to aid its investigation of the insurrection. These internal deliberations among the committee, which is probing former President Donald Trump’s role in causing the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, began within minutes of the lawyer’s revelation being heard on the trial’s livestream on Wednesday afternoon.
From the article:
The documents were turned over after Jones’ attorney “did not take any steps to identify it as privileged or protected in any way and as of two days ago it fell free and clear into my possession,” Bankston told Jones in court Wednesday. “That is how I know you lied to me.”
If Jones' attorney had tried to claw it back Bankston would have had to return it all and keep his mouth shut. Sucks to be Jones' attorney.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:26 pm :snippity:

From the article:
The documents were turned over after Jones’ attorney “did not take any steps to identify it as privileged or protected in any way and as of two days ago it fell free and clear into my possession,” Bankston told Jones in court Wednesday. “That is how I know you lied to me.”
If Jones' attorney had tried to claw it back Bankston would have had to return it all and keep his mouth shut. Sucks to be Jones' attorney.
In the Alex Jones thread it was explained that Bankston notified Jones' attorney and waited the regular time (like 12 days?) for the sender to request stuff be returned. Eternal silence.
bob

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:26 pmIf Jones' attorney had tried to claw it back Bankston would have had to return it all and keep his mouth shut. Sucks to be Jones' attorney.
Part of me wants to believe this was an act of self-preservation by Jones' attorney.
Image ImageImage
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:44 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:26 pmIf Jones' attorney had tried to claw it back Bankston would have had to return it all and keep his mouth shut. Sucks to be Jones' attorney.
Part of me wants to believe this was an act of self-preservation by Jones' attorney.
Yeah, perhaps. When you know you're client's lying to the other side...
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Or it could be a cased of going to trial with your 7th round draft pick.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:33 pm Or it could be a cased of going to trial with your 7th round draft pick.
More like an undrafted free agent....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

bob wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:44 pm
Same here. This might be mitigation for any sanctions the judge might order for failure to provide discovery. Too, also, maybe he's hoping the judge won't refer him for disciplinary proceedings. Also, too, the texts may not be "privileged" if they were properly requested in discovery.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:42 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:33 pm Or it could be a cased of going to trial with your 7th round draft pick.
More like an undrafted free agent....
:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... og-report/
The Homeland Security watchdog now under scrutiny for his handling of deleted Secret Service text messages from the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol previously was accused of misleading federal investigators and running “afoul” of ethics regulations while he was in charge of a Justice Department inspector general field office in Tucson, according to a newly disclosed government report.

In the 2013 report from the Justice Department’s inspector general, which was never publicly released, investigators said they did “not believe” Joseph V. Cuffari’s explanation for why he failed to inform his supervisors — against federal rules — about his testimony in a lawsuit brought by a federal prisoner.

Separately, they found that Cuffari broke ethics rules by referring law firms to the prisoner’s family, including firms where some of his close friends worked. “We concluded Cuffari’s actions violated the [inspector general] manual’s prohibition on unethical conduct,” said the report, which also noted that he may have violated guidelines by using his government email to lobby for a position as inspector general for the Arizona National Guard, among other issues.
Do read. Wow.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) tells
@juliemason

@SXMPOTUS
the Jan 6 committee still wants to talk to Alex Jones. “His advocacy of violence… quite clearly played a role on the 6th. We’d like to know more about it”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Seeing a note at the CNN sidebar (or whatever they call it). Says Liz Cheney's got an interview this evening with Anderson Cooper. 8PM eastern, which should be 5PM my time. Will she have comments about getting Alex's phone data? :batting:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Scoop: Doug Mastriano is threatening to pull out of a scheduled interview with the Jan. 6 committee, teeing up a potential court fight
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 37df565105

The U.S. Secret Service has given the House Jan. 6 committee a listing of all personal cell phone numbers belonging to agents based in Washington, D.C., for the period the panel is investigating, according to sources familiar with the matter -- an unusual step amid heightened scrutiny of the agency's cooperation with the congressional panel investigating last year's insurrection and the role then-President Donald Trump played in it.
The committee can now determine which agents' call records they may want to review and, if they decide to do so, could either request records from the agents directly or conceivably issue subpoenas to their cell phone providers, an official familiar with the situation explained.

MORE: Secret Service deleted texts from Jan. 5 and 6, 2021, after watchdog sought records
The Secret Service and Department of Homeland Security, which oversees the agency, have faced criticism in recent weeks for wiping text messages belonging to agents on and around Jan. 6, 2021. Congressional Democrats have accused the Homeland Security inspector general of abandoning efforts to collect text and phone records from that day.

Seeking and obtaining information from personal devices from federal workers is a "highly unusual" step by the committee, according to Don Mihalek, a retired senior Secret Service agent, and could reflect a renewed effort by the agency to further demonstrate its cooperation with congressional investigators.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:30 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA10nQis?

:snippity:

Seeking and obtaining information from personal devices from federal workers is a "highly unusual" step by the committee, according to Don Mihalek, a retired senior Secret Service agent, and could reflect a renewed effort by the agency to further demonstrate its cooperation with congressional investigators.
Personal devices, like bring-your-own, or personal like government issued to a federal worker? If used for government business the record retention requirements are to be followed on both kind.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:24 am
Kendra wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:30 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA10nQis?

Personal devices, like bring-your-own, or personal like government issued to a federal worker? If used for government business the record retention requirements are to be followed on both kind.
Even if BYOD, I can say that at least one federal agency has specific policies about what happens if we use personal devices to send or receive work-related emails. I can only imagine others do likewise since it's intended for compliance with laws on records retention and destruction.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
much ado

Post by much ado »

Is anything definitive known about the number and date range of the Alex Jones texts?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Doug Mastriano, who was on the restricted grounds of the Capitol on Jan. 6, is set to appear for a virtual deposition with the Jan. 6 Committee on Tuesday, his attorney confirms
@JulesJester

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”