Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

It's Georgia's turn! Time for a fraudit!

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Okay, I am no fan of Ari Melber on MSNBC, but he is tearing it up this week. First with Tacopina, then with Cohen, and tonight with Drew Findling, TFG's lawyer in GA, who wrote the Fulton Cty filing show above. He tore Findling into rice-grain-sized shreds; displayed them on the table; asked for any further explanation Findling would like to say, and then tipped the table to dump the shreds into the circular filing cabinet.

Highlight 1: Findling answering every question by saying that he and his team were positive that TFG had not broken the law. Seriously.

Highlight 2: When asked to at least state that he knew TFG had lost GA, Findling refused to answer.

This is a must watch. I'm sure it will be up in two shakes of a dead lambs tail.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:49 pm Okay, I am no fan of Ari Melber on MSNBC, but he is tearing it up this week. First with Tacopina, then with Cohen, and tonight with holy shit he just tore Drew Findling, TFG's lawyer in GA, who wrote the Fulton Cty filing show above. He tore Findling into rice-grain-sized shreds; displayed them on the table; asked for any further explanation Findling would like to say, and then tipped the table to dump the shreds into the circular filing cabinet.

Highlight 1: Findling answering every question by saying that he and his team were positive that TFG had not broken the law. Seriously.

Highlight 2: When asked to at least state that he knew TFG had lost GA, Findling refused to answer.

This is a must watch. I'm sure it will be up in two shakes of a dead lambs tail.
Thanks for the heads up, hopefully I can queue it up on Demand. He was great with Tacopina.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Still waiting for the on Demand to queue up, but here's a teaseer.

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:33 pm Still waiting for the on Demand to queue up, but here's a teaseer.

You can't tell me this isn't Peter Stormare playing a character.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Acyn has clips for us :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/Acyn
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Georgia prosecutors ordered to respond to Trump's effort to quash grand jury report

Kanishka Singh
Mon, March 27, 2023 at 6:11 PM GMT+2

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Georgia prosecutors have until May 1 to respond to former President Donald Trump's effort to quash a grand jury's final report into his alleged attempt to overturn his 2020 election defeat in the U.S. state.

Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney, who presided over the grand jury investigation, issued the order on Monday, two months after Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis said decisions on whether to charge Trump were "imminent."

Last week Trump filed a motion to quash the final report, excerpts of which were made public. The motion also sought to disqualify Willis' office from further probing the alleged interference.

According to the excerpts, the grand jury concluded there was no widespread fraud, despite Trump's claims the vote was rigged against him. It made recommendations to prosecutors on possible indictments for election interference, but none of these was made public.

In recordings of a January 2021 call made public, Trump asked Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to "find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have, because we won the state." Trump denies any wrongdoing.

"The District Attorney's Office is ordered to file a response to the motion no later than 1 May 2023," Judge McBurney said in the order filed on Monday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-pros ... 19708.html
tek

Post by tek »

MAY FIRST?
poking right along here.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fani Willis is now seeking to disqualify the lawyer who has represented many of the fake elector defendants together in the Fulton County 2020 election investigation.
bob

Post by bob »

An explainer thread:
Image ImageImage
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump’s Fake Georgia Electors Are Now Ratting on Each Other

Jose Pagliery
Tue, April 18, 2023 at 8:02 PM GMT+2

The fake GOP electors in Georgia that former President Donald Trump recruited as part of his failed attempt to stay in power are starting to point fingers at each other, court documents revealed on Tuesday.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, the Atlanta-area prosecutor who’s investigating Trump’s effort to upend American democracy there, laid out the details in a legal memo to a state judge—one that hints at criminal indictments to come.

According to the memo, prosecutors in July last year dangled immunity deals for “alternate electors” who were willing to cooperate with the investigation—but their defense lawyer is now accused of never telling them about the potential deal.

Following a special purpose grand jury recommendation in December that the DA seek indictments against some people involved in the fraudulent scheme, investigators have turned up the pressure.

It turns out, these Republican officials and political operatives are now starting to squirm, identifying illegal behavior by their colleagues while trying to save their own skin—a sudden pivot that came when Willis’ investigators met with these fake electors last week.

Wednesday and Friday, “some of the electors stated that another elector… committed acts that are violations of Georgia law and that they were not party to these additional acts,” Willis explained in her court filing.

That description means that certain Republicans are now identifying crimes committed by a colleague while distancing themselves from that criminal behavior.

But that situation has created what Willis calls “an impracticable and ethical mess,” because 10 of these fake electors are being represented by a single Atlanta defense lawyer—who can’t possibly advocate for clients who are simultaneously ratting each other out. The DA’s office is using those details to make the case that the judge should intervene and disqualify that defense lawyer, Kimberly Bourroughs Debrow, citing a conflict of interest.

The DA also accused Debrow of highly unethical behavior, noting how several fake electors interviewed last week revealed that they’d never been told about the potential immunity deals—because Debrow never conveyed the message. The DA said that failure “is in direct conflict” with what Debrow’s fellow defense lawyer, Holly A. Pierson, told the judge in August last year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fake-g ... 46745.html
(original: The Daily Beast)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fani Willis tells local law enforcement indictments in Trump probe, if any, would be issued between July 11 and Sept. 1, per
@ajc

@TamarHallerman
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:58 pm https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/ ... 923031045
Fani Willis tells local law enforcement indictments in Trump probe, if any, would be issued between July 11 and Sept. 1, per
@ajc

@TamarHallerman
You forgot your trademarked :waiting:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:59 pm
Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:58 pm https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/ ... 923031045
@ajc

@TamarHallerman
You forgot your trademarked :waiting:
:biggrin:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I do not understand the purpose of having used the special grand jury that has no authority to indict. Is there some strategy or reason for using a special grand jury and then a "normal" grand jury? To me it seems like just a waste of time, but that may be just because I don't understand prosecutors various strategies.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:29 pm I do not understand the purpose of having used the special grand jury that has no authority to indict. Is there some strategy or reason for using a special grand jury and then a "normal" grand jury? To me it seems like just a waste of time, but that may be just because I don't understand prosecutors various strategies.
No term limits for the special and focused on one topic, regular grand jury, every felony crime and its over after two months [back when I had to serve it was 3 months....]
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:11 pm
RVInit wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:29 pm I do not understand the purpose of having used the special grand jury that has no authority to indict. Is there some strategy or reason for using a special grand jury and then a "normal" grand jury? To me it seems like just a waste of time, but that may be just because I don't understand prosecutors various strategies.
No term limits for the special and focused on one topic, regular grand jury, every felony crime and its over after two months [back when I had to serve it was 3 months....]
OK, so the special grand jury could take their time and collect as much as possible. Then Ms. Willis can introduce the best evidence she has for the specific charges she believes should be filed, and it saves time because she's done the base work to begin with. OK, thank you for your explanation, it makes more sense to me now.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Judge extends deadline for Georgia DA to respond to Donald Trump motion

By Joe Fisher
MAY 1, 2023 / 7:05 PM

May 1 (UPI) -- A Superior Court judge in Fulton County, Ga., will allow District Attorney Fani Willis until May 15 to respond to a motion by former President Donald Trump seeking to expel her from the investigation into alleged election interference.

The motion filed by Trump more than a month ago required a response from Willis on Monday. The judge extended the deadline to allow arguments from both parties to be heard, WSB-TV in Atlanta reports.

Willis opened the investigation into potential election interference by Trump and allies in 2021. A special grand jury investigation has since heard testimony from about 75 witnesses, including Sen. Lindsey Graham, former Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani, and Trump's former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows.

Attorneys for Trump have argued that Willis should be disqualified from the case because of a political conflict of interest. They also say that any interviews conducted by Willis are tainted, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The motion also reportedly seeks to block the release of the report from the special grand jury.

The decision from the judge comes a week after Willis notified the Fulton County Sheriff's Office that it should prepare for a decision on a potential indictment to come in the summer. In a letter to Sheriff Patrick Labat, Willis said the announcement of a decision, such as one to indict the former president, may provoke a public reaction that goes beyond "public expressions of opinion that are protected by the First Amendment to engage in acts of violence that will endanger the safety of our community."

Cathy Latham, who purported herself to be an alternate elector in South Georgia following the 2020 election, reportedly filed a motion in step with Trump's on Friday. Latham is a former chair of the Coffee County GOP and is one of more than a dozen phony electors who allegedly claimed they were official electors for the state in December 2020. A criminal investigation ensued but Latham has not been charged.

"The actions of the Fulton County District Attorney's Office as set forth in the Trump motion have violated Mrs. Latham's constitutional rights, have tainted the evidence allegedly gathered by the [special grand jury], and have intruded upon the traditional independence and safeguards of the institution of the grand jury itself," attorneys for Latham wrote in the motion, reported by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

What's the alleged conflict of interest?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

She’s not a Republican. :roll:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
realist

Post by realist »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:52 pm
Why in the world would she give immunity to so many of them?

:confuzzled:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

So they’d rat out the others, of course.
I also think she’s cutting them some slack because they were the tools and not the tool’s users.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

2nd motion to disqualify and motion for sanctions: https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000187 ... defb3d0000
(dated 5/5/23)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:52 pm
Gifted link to the WaPo article cited:

https://wapo.st/3HLTYyJ
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/sta ... 4323725316
Joyce Alene
@JoyceWhiteVance
Prosecutors don't hand out immunity deals just for nothing. This signals the cooperators have significant evidence to offer, whether about an internal Georgia conspiracy re fake slates of electors or a larger conspiracy involving Meadows, Guiliani, Trump, etc remains to be seen.

Jenna Johnson
@wpjenna

BREAKING NEWS: Eight Georgia Republicans who convened in December 2020 to declare Donald Trump the winner of the presidential contest despite his loss in the state have accepted immunity deals from Atlanta-area prosecutors, @AmyEGardner @hollybdc report. https://washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/ ... -immunity/

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”