Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

#Q #QAnon QCumbers Q-Tip "The Storm” "Any Day Now

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

#Q #QAnon QCumbers Q-Tip "The Storm” "Any Day Now

Post by Luke »

60 Minutes did a story on QCumbers last night, video is at https://www.cbsnews.com/news/qanon-cons ... 021-02-21/

The transcript is freely available:
QAnon's corrosive impact on the U.S.
Tens of millions of Americans believe QAnon's core -- and false -- theory that an evil cabal of Satan-worshipping elites commits atrocities against children and controls much of the world. Where does this movement stand and who has it impacted? Lesley Stahl reports.
2021 Feb 22
CORRESPONDENT Lesley Stahl

In just three years, the extremist ideology of QAnon has captured the minds and imaginations of tens of millions of Americans. Their core belief: a global cabal including Democrats, Hollywood elites, and members of what they call the "deep state" control much of our lives. The cabal commits atrocities including pedophilia, Satan worship, and canabalizing children, but it will be vanquished by Donald Trump in an apocalyptic day called "the storm."

QAnon was born when an anonymous character named "Q" began posting cryptic riddles in an online forum known for hosting hateful and racist content. The movement prospered in pandemic isolation -- its followers occasionally erupting in acts of violence, culminating in the assault on the Capitol. But the prophesied storm never happened, instead, Donald Trump left office and QAnon followers have found themselves at a moment of truth.

Elizabeth Neumann: Joe Biden gets sworn in and you started seeing chatter online, "I've been conned. This has all been a scam." And they were out. Which is great. That is rare for radicalized individuals.

Elizabeth Neumann was in charge of policy to counter domestic extremism at the Department of Homeland Security in the Trump administration.

Lesley Stahl: The prophecies did not happen. The storm didn't happen. Is there an opportunity right now to-- as we say "off-ramp" some of these people?

Elizabeth Neumann: Absolutely. For many, it was-- it was a light-switch effect. But for others, you see them struggling. They're trying to make sense of it. And so they're very vulnerable right now. They're vulnerable to being convinced about some of these newer theories. There's a new one that March 4th-- March 4th is the day that President Trump is gonna return. And he's going to be president again.

Lesley Stahl: If we're at a moment where some of these people are disillusioned and may be open to new ideas- are far-right extremists, white supremacists, even neo-Nazis jumping into this breach right now? And trying to peel them off and radicalize them even more?

Elizabeth Neumann: Yes. They see opportunity.

They have been posting guides on how to approach a disheartened QAnon adherent-- making it clear that you don't wanna make fun of their ideology, you don't wanna be too direct about your white supremacist views. You wanna be empathetic.

Neumann resigned in April because, she says, President Trump kept pouring fuel on the rising threat of homegrown extremism.

Lesley Stahl: At Homeland Security, when you were there, was QAnon on your radar as a threat?

Elizabeth Neumann: The general consensus at that time period was, "It could be a low-level policing concern, because we had a few incidents of people conducting violence. But by and large, its ideology is not one that promotes violence"-- at least at that time.

Lesley Stahl: What shifted? What turned QAnon into a more violent kind of conspiracy group?

Elizabeth Neumann: It didn't become a violence problem until Donald Trump lost the election, and then they felt like, "Oh, well, we better fix that, because otherwise Donald Trump can't fix this other big problem of the deep state."

QAnon supporters charged into battle with the crowd storming the Capitol on January 6. Some were easy to spot with their Q signs and Q chants.

Inside, Officer Eugene Goodman staved off rioters led by a man in a Q shirt. Ashli Babbit, killed at the Capitol, had previously tweeted a picture of herself in a Q tanktop. And then, there's the now famous Q-shaman.

Nearly one in ten of those arrested had a QAnon connection. And like the movement overall, they were men and women, often older. There was a federal employee; a business-owner who covered his store in a QAnon mural; and a real estate agent who arrived by private plane.

Some of the attraction of QAnon is their use of Christian symbolism and apocalyptic prophecies. A new survey by the conservative American Enterprise Institute found more than a quarter of White evangelical protestants and nearly one in five White Catholics believe the QAnon conspiracy.

Derek Kubilus: To see Christ used as propaganda for an insurrection - it drives a stake into my heart.

Derek Kubilus, pastor of a small Methodist church in northeast Ohio, has seen QAnon tear through his community.

Lesley Stahl: You have said that QAnon is a heresy.

Derek Kubilus: A heresy is something that is corrosive to the human soul. When you see the obsession and the paranoia that it inspires, it's hard to call it anything else.

For nearly a year now due to COVID, he's had to hold Sunday services in his church's parking lot, preaching from a makeshift hut into parishioners' car radios.

Pastor Derek Kubilus says most of them appreciate his speaking up, but not all.

Derek Kubilus: I think we may have had a couple folks that have probably left the congregation.

Lesley Stahl: Because of that?

Derek Kubilus: Yeah. There are-- there are churches in the area that won't challenge conspiratorial thinking.

Lesley Stahl: Is the church helping to spread QAnon's ideas?

Derek Kubilus: Unfortunately, in some places, yeah. Unbelievably, I think there are some pastors that promote QAnon.

The numbers of QAnon followers swelled during the pandemic, when people were isolated at home.

Elizabeth Neumann: The pandemic was creating this angst. And it was driving people to extremist ideas.

Lesley Stahl: Did DHS drop the ball on QAnon?

Elizabeth Neumann: It's a tough question. I think we really just didn't understand what was happening as it was happening.

QAnon was spreading under their noses in posts, memes, and videos on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. A lot of women were roped-in by appeals to rescue supposedly cannibalized children, and through unexpected ways: like popular yoga accounts on Instagram. The spread was also aided by then President Trump.

Former President Trump in White House Briefing: I don't know much about the movement other than I understand they like me very much.

Actually, he shared content from QAnon Twitter accounts over 300 times. It wasn't until October that several social media sites began aggressively banning – or deplatforming – QAnon content.

Lesley Stahl: If your motive is to sort of lure these people away from QAnon, does de-platforming help?

Elizabeth Neumann: It does help. And that's part of the big lessons out of 2020 that de-platforming didn't happen soon enough. It came too late in the game. And in part because we-- quite frankly, we'd never seen anything like this. We'd never seen-- what is largely just-- almost like a game, this fantasy-like game of "what ifs." And, you know, literally, it's like people deducing clues and, like, "Oh-- the president said these two words in his speech today. And I think he's referring to this conspiracy theory." It feels very much like a game for most participants.

For example, on a QAnon forum the president was asked to work-in the phrase: "tip top." And lo and behold...

President Trump: Tip Top…

Joel Finkelstein: Well, they had a messianic figure in a place of power that was responding to their cues.

At least that's what QAnon supporters believed, says Joel Finkelstein, director of NCRI, an organization at Rutgers University monitoring online misinformation.

Lesley Stahl: Is QAnon based on a game? Is it a game?

Joel Finkelstein: QAnon doesn't describe itself as a game but it has all the hallmarks of being an alternative reality game.

Lesley Stahl: They're solving riddles, right?

Joel Finkelstein: Exactly. The problem is that, over time, they started calling themselves Q-Army. So, we saw the-- a growth in militarization in the organization. Revolutionary ideas started taking over QAnon. The ideas of political revolt started growing within the organization and that became a part of the game.

Lesley Stahl: What's happening now? The storm didn't happen. Where is QAnon today?

Joel Finkelstein: Now, they've been rebranded.

It's morphing and doubling down – on conspiracies about COVID vaccines and masks. Finkelstein says it makes sense for them to be anti-vax.

Lesley Stahl: If the pandemic ends, and If enough people get vaccinated and we have herd immunity-- will this thing begin to shrivel?

Joel Finkelstein: Well, it's funny you mention that. Doesn't that make sense why-- why the new target of the conspiracies is the vaccine? Because that's exactly what gives the extremists powers, Lesley.

Lesley Stahl: You're saying they need the pandemic, they need the eyeballs – spending twelve and more hours a day. And if we can get rid of this pandemic and isolation and quarantine, then are you suggesting the oxygen is depleted--

Joel Finkelstein: That is the oxygen.

But the end of the pandemic is far off, and in the meantime, families are being torn apart by QAnon. On Reddit, we found a group of over 100,000 friends and family sharing horror stories of losing loved ones.

While on another site, we saw believers posting that their severed family ties because of QAnon is proof of their moral superiority. Nate, a school psychologist in Minnesota, watched in pain as QAnon gripped his 70-year-old mother.

Lesley Stahl: Would you go so far as to say that your mother's detached from reality?

Nate: As of late, I would. She's not a crazy person. She's a very bright person. But this thing happens in a million little paper cuts.

Lesley Stahl: Was she a political person before this? Was she a big Trump fan in 2016?

Nate: No. In fact, we were Hillary supporters then. And my mom was even a Bernie Sanders canvasser in the primary in 2020.

Lesley Stahl: You're kidding!

Nate: Yeah.

Lesley Stahl: How do you explain the journey from Bernie Sanders to QAnon?

Nate: I attribute it more to my mom having a slow decline in trust. For media, trust for news. And then many threads of disinformation and ideas and conspiracy theories slowly started taking hold of-- of her overall worldview.

Lesley Stahl: Do you feel you're losing your mother?

Nate: I sometimes feel like I've already lost her. Because as somebody that works in psychology, I'm bringing everything I know to bear on how to reconnect with her. And I don't know what could bring her back. And it's devastating.

Derek Kubilus: We can show them that there's a whole world of purpose and meaning outside of those lies.

In Ohio, Pastor Kubilus started a podcast to reach out to those impacted by QAnon- after discovering adherents in his own family.

Derek Kubilus: When I first found out how deep they were into it, my initial emotion was one of anger. "How could you believe this? Why would you think this? This is crazy," you know. Well, we're past that now. These folks are in it, and it is reality to them. And now we have to do the very difficult work of untying this knot.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sad-cafe

Re: #Q #QAnon QCumbers "The Storm” "Any Day Now

Post by sad-cafe »

I call them Q-berts
mimi

Post by mimi »

I call them Q-bers.

Qanon Goobers.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

QCumber's is one of my favorite restaurants!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Wonder how much QCumbers hears about QAnon? :lol:

Big WaPo story about the cult:
Life amid the ruins of QAnon: ‘I wanted my family back’
An epidemic of conspiracy theories, fanned by social media and self-serving politicians, is tearing families apart.
By Greg Jaffe and Jose A. Del Real Feb. 23, 2021

She bought ammunition, camping gear, a water purifier and boxes of canned food. Then, Tyler’s mother started wearing a holstered pistol around the house, convinced that 10 days of unrest and mass power outages were coming. The chaos would culminate, she assured her son, in former president Donald Trump’s triumphant return to power on March 4, the original Inauguration Day before the passage of the 20th Amendment in 1932. Tyler, 24, had been living with his mother an hour north of Minneapolis since he graduated college in 2019. The paranoia and fear that had engulfed his home had become unbearable in the months since Trump began to falsely claim that the 2020 election had been stolen from him.

“Any advice for dealing with a qanon parent who thinks ww3 will happen during the inauguration?” Tyler asked last month on r/QAnonCasualties, a fast-growing Reddit group for those whose loved ones have been consumed by the bizarre and byzantine universe of baseless conspiracy theories known as QAnon. “Do they have weapons?” one of the site’s moderators asked. “Yep. A lot of them,” Tyler replied. “I would leave, but I don’t have anywhere to go.” He said he couldn’t imagine cutting ties to his mother.

In Washington, rioters, inflamed by unfounded allegations of a stolen election, had stormed the Capitol leaving five dead and triggering the impeachment of a president. Far from Washington, the falsehoods that had whipped so many into a frenzy were wreaking a different sort of chaos; one that was tearing families apart.

Family members spoke of their loved ones as if they were cult members or drug addicts, sucked in by social media companies and self-serving politicians who warped their views of reality. They begged and bargained with parents and partners to put down their phones for just a few days in the hope that the spell might be interrupted and they might return to their old selves.
Tons more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/i ... y-members/

The Reddit group is https://www.reddit.com/r/QAnonCasualties/ Warning: You may fall down a rabbit hole, there's tons of content and crazy stories there. The WaPo author posted there:
Posted by u/Greg-WaPo Verified Media Member 11 hours ago

Washington Post story that mentions QAnonCasualties

I'm spoke with quite a few people on this subreddit for this story and wanted to post it to so everyone could see the final product. I hope it helps raise some awareness about the strain that QAnon is putting on families and the importance of this subreddit as one of the few places people can go for advice and emotional support. Thanks to everyone for their help. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Life amid the ruins of QAnon: ‘I wanted my family back’
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

The folks who are seized by this cult deserve sympathy, respect and compassion as families and experts attempt to save them from their delusions.

There but for the love of my family, friends, dogs, cat, horse, granddoggies, grandcat, and the Fogbow, go I.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, it's easy to despise Q-berts until it's one of your closest friends. I still despise all the people I don't know, but losing J broke my heart.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

Very much agreed. It's tempting to just mock and deride the people who fall for this and plenty of them do deserve it (the scummy grifters who prey on the unwary for one) but remember that a lot of them are scared, isolated and confused individuals that have been preyed upon by a toxic community. I personally think it's gonna get much worse before it gets better as trump tries to expand his cult to exact vengeance and spineless republicans willing sacrifice the nation to his cause. We need to show compassion as well as a dedication to deprogramming them, I try to approach the issue with a questioning attitude which tends to make the person in question feel less attacked. Ask them why they feel the way they do and address the core of there concerns. For example when talking with my republican mom I ask here to give specific examples of what trump has down she approves of which makes her have to think on why she supports someone who is so contradictory to her expressed values rather than simply accusing me of "hating trump for no reason" and confronting her extremely pro life views with the fact that republican policies actually lead to more abortions than funding proper sex education and access to services that would both lead to a decline in unwanted pregnancies and abortions due to a feeling of desperation.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Here as well (unfortunately)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-25/ ... s/13184202

Key points:

QAnon is an extreme conspiracy theory movement based on message board posts made by a user known as Q
The movement falsely believed Donald Trump would be inaugurated on January 20 this year, despite losing the election
Meagan, an Australian woman, says she is worried for a life-long friend who recently admitted she believed in QAnon
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

I've said it before, and it applies here:

I have a burning hatred for the Liars. I have sympathy for the Believers.

This has guided my current attitude regarding the Fox Watchers and Q-cumbers:

Many are good people who hold crappy opinions based on the lies they have been told.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

I find it hard to be compassionate towards Qanon members. Why? I consider Qanon to be the most dangerous conspiracy group in American history.

To be honest though, I haven't had anyone close to me that is a Qanon believer. I live in hippieville USA, and those who are Qanon aren't as obvious here. But Qanon is alive and working hard in the more rural areas of Oregon. We're a hotbed for White Extremists, and they've been itching to engage in violent anti-government activities. QAnon gived them a group in which they can engage with other anti-government extremists even if they don't believe in Qanon.

That said, I agree with what y'all have said about the desperation and vulnerability that leads folks to believe in Q. QAnon is giving them something significant that has been missing in their lives for some time. I'm not exactly sure what void Qanon fills for them. The fact that there are so many americans needing to fill their internal void with such hateful beliefs should give us pause.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Luke

Post by Luke »

It's QAnon Eve! This is IT -- For sure this time! Foggy, have you planned any parties? 🥳🍾🇺🇸 Big big day, Miki Booth must be so excited.
QAnon believers think Trump will be inaugurated again on March 4
Law enforcement is preparing for potential threats, including from other violent extremist and militia groups, on Thursday.
By Nicole Narea @nicolenarea Updated Mar 3, 2021, 3:08pm EST

QAnon is facing a turning point in the aftermath of President Joe Biden’s inauguration. The inauguration contradicted the movement’s baseless conspiracy theory that former President Donald Trump would return for a second term in order to confront a cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles running the Democratic Party. With Trump no longer in office, some followers have abandoned their beliefs, attempting to make amends with family and friends they had alienated along their twisting path to an alternate reality originally concocted on 4Chan message boards. But others have renewed their pledge of allegiance to “Q,” the anonymous poster who purports to be a Trump adviser and their leader. They have tried to rationalize Biden becoming president in increasingly outrageous ways, claiming that Biden and Trump are working together and even that Trump and Biden somehow switched bodies. And some are now looking to March 4 as the next big watershed moment for their movement — the date that they believe Trump will once again be inaugurated.
It’s unclear what will happen to QAnon once March 4 passes without the coup they have predicted coming to fruition. The movement could find itself increasingly shedding followers, who might be amenable to recruitment by white supremacist and far-right militia groups that share a common enemy in Democrats and political elites broadly. But it’s likely that the movement will not crumble entirely, given that following it in the first place has required adherents to push aside any cognitive dissonance. “Conspiracies always have a way to explain out of what’s happening, because the whole point is different versions of reality,” Amy Iandiorio, an investigative researcher at the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism, said.

QAnon disciples believe March 4 is the day Trump will return for a second term
QAnon followers started talking about March 4 beginning in early- to mid-January, after some were disappointed that the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol failed to bring about a series of predicted military tribunals and executions that they refer to as “the Storm.” But the latest conspiracy theory really began picking up steam in February, following Biden’s inauguration, and as QAnon followers sought “different ways to explain their way out of the current reality now that there’s a new administration,” Iandiorio said. Their rationale for this evidence-free belief — and the meaning behind the March 4 date — is, perhaps unsurprisingly, convoluted and based on a series of misinterpretations, conspiracy theories, and outright lies. But here’s how the theory goes:

QAnon believers claim that the US federal government secretly became a corporation under a law they believe passed in 1871 but does not actually exist, rendering every president inaugurated and every constitutional amendment passed in the years since illegitimate. But on March 4, the narrative goes, Trump will return as the 19th president, the first legitimate president since Ulysses S. Grant, with former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo as his vice president. Why March 4? It’s the original date that presidents were inaugurated. Inauguration Day changed to January 20 with the passage of the 20th Amendment in 1933 — the same year that Franklin D. Roosevelt ended the gold standard. This is actually relevant to the conspiracy theory: QAnon believers argue that in ending the gold standard, Roosevelt transferred power to a group of shadowy foreign investors who have since been controlling the US government. (Trump sought to bring back the gold standard while in office.) “Trump will be back on March 4. By Constitution. Read it. Read a book and educate yourself,” wrote user Wesley McBride on a Telegram channel for people who migrated from Parler after Amazon Web Services booted the right-wing social media site from its servers.

Of course, no part of their theory is true or even reasonable. It’s all disinformation, designed to explain why Biden is currently president — a reality that conflicts with their fantasy that Trump is some kind of messianic figure destined to bring about a new republic when, really, he’s a twice-impeached ex-president who lost reelection and would rather incite a mob than admit defeat. Part of the conspiracy theory echoes one from the “sovereign citizen” extremist movement, which is anti-government and anti-taxation, and has a history of racism and anti-Semitism. The FBI has identified the movement, which has been behind violence against police officers, as a domestic terrorism threat. It similarly believes in a conspiracy theory that shadowy government figures seized control of the system set up by the country’s founders in 1933 with the end of the gold standard — one in a long line of conspiracy theories designed to “cast aspersions on Jews in general,” as my colleague Zack Beauchamp writes.

But it doesn’t seem as though, at this point, there is significant overlap between adherence to the sovereign citizen movement and QAnon. “This seems to be a case of QAnon adherents mirroring the tenets of some sovereign citizen beliefs without necessarily sharing the same space,” Iandiorio said. The March 4 conspiracy theory has been spreading on both mainstream and alternative right-wing social media platforms alike. In the wake of the Capitol attack, mainstream sites like Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube have pushed to deplatform users who post conspiracy theories and violent hate speech, though on TikTok, a platform that skews toward a younger audience, posts about Trump returning for a second term on March 4 have still proliferated. Many QAnon followers have also migrated to largely unmoderated social media platforms like Gab, MeWe, Telegram, CloutHub, Rumble, and Parler, which recently came back online. Some users, though, have been skeptical of efforts to rationalize how Biden is now the president. “[Y]ou have to stop believing in that stuff ... The military isn’t arresting anyone. No one is being sent to Guantanamo Bay. No tribunals or hangings. Just move on,” said Telegram channel user Kevin.

There isn’t currently evidence of mass mobilization on March 4, but that could change
At this point, it seems unlikely that the QAnon community will be able to mass mobilize on March 4. Rates at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC, have spiked to more than $1,300 on March 4 (they start at $476 just a week later). But people aren’t organizing to come to DC in the kind of numbers that were expected for the January 6 “Stop the Steal” rally, for which Trump himself extended an invitation to his followers. What’s more likely is that militia groups could use potential QAnon protests on March 4 as a “cover for something nasty,” JJ MacNab, a fellow at George Washington University’s Program on Extremism, said on Twitter. But individual QAnon followers have resorted to violence in the past, including Matthew Wright, who is serving an eight-year sentence for engaging in an armed standoff with police at the Hoover Dam. Other followers have, since 2018, been behind two kidnappings, a kidnapping plot, a break-in at the residence of the Canadian prime minister, and at least one murder.
More at https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ry-militia
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

The blind idol worship of the Q supporters scares the shit of out me. Being a moderate for so long has put me in the position to see things from a good angle. Up until the Trump Administration, I had as many friends & associates on the right side of the aisle as the left. I lived in the Liberal heart of California, and also for awhile near the heart of the Midwest, and I could always relate in some aspects to both sides. That all changed with Trump.

When I started to warn people about Q and his ilk, (obviously all those on the "right" side of the aisle), I've seen opposition like I've never seen, and was shunned from nearly everyone I knew on that side of the aisle. These chumps are full of contradictions like no other political group I've ever seen before, and that's saying something when you're as ripe as I am.

What may suprise you, is that a great many religious (Christian AND Jewish) forums are inundated with these morons. I was nearly banned from a prominent one, by the "pastor" who runs it, for 'daring' to warn him about supporting these people. I left voluntarily, and yet he insisted that I explain my actions, IMO feigning empathy. When I explained, he said, "I still don't understand."
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

LM K wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:36 pm I find it hard to be compassionate towards Qanon members. Why? I consider Qanon to be the most dangerous conspiracy group in American history...

...That said, I agree with what y'all have said about the desperation and vulnerability that leads folks to believe in Q. QAnon is giving them something significant that has been missing in their lives for some time. I'm not exactly sure what void Qanon fills for them...
I agree completely with your asessment. But I don't think those outside of their sphere of influence realize just how many conservatives they incorporate. (See my earlier post). These chumps have the hearts and minds (I use the term loosely of course), of, in my experience, more than half of the Republican Party, although the majority of their Elected members will deny it.
...The fact that there are so many americans needing to fill their internal void with such hateful beliefs should give us pause.
Something I'm seeing so intently on both sides of the aisle. While I used to have quite a few associates who also claimed themselves as moderates as well, they are few and far in between these days. But think about that. Really, think about it. What would drive so many who are either sitting on the fence or who have unconventional and / or mixed feelings to choose sides to such an extreme? The answer is polarization.
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Today is the day That Asshole gets inaugurated as our 19th president, yay! :mrgreen:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
p0rtia

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by p0rtia »

Foggy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:22 am Today is the day That Asshole gets inaugurated as our 19th president, yay! :mrgreen:
We should like, have a party. A 5G virtual, only a wavy outline of light party.

That is all.

Or, as Mr. Shakespeare said: The readiness is all.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I don't get how they think the logistics are going to work. Is Chief Justice Roberts available to swear DGO in?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Happy Dislexia 3-4-2-1 Day!

Where will they possibly find all the fringed flags necessary for the ordination? Are there enough pocket Constitutions to go around?
Luke

Post by Luke »

They are off to a fabulous start:
‘DC Is Dissolved’: Trump Supporters Freak Out Because They Can’t Properly Read Google Maps
Published on March 4, 2021 at 08:20 AM ET By Travis Gettys – Raw Story

Qanon followers have become convinced that Washington, D.C., has been “dissolved” ahead of the purported re-inauguration of former president Donald Trump. Some conspiracy theorists believe the former president will be restored to power Thursday, on the March 4 date that had been Inauguration Day until the 20th Amendment was passed in 1933 and established that date as Jan. 20, and they’re pointing to the absence of “D.C.” on Google and Apple maps to support their clams, reported Newsweek.

“Did maps always just say Washington?” said popular Qanon conspiracist @GhostEzra on the Telegram encrypted messaging app. “Thought it said Washington DC?” Google doesn’t label the nation’s capital with D.C., but it does identify the District of Columbia on state boundaries. “I just searched Washington DC on my iPhone Apple Maps & it just shows Washington, no DC. This is the same for Google maps & mapquest,” one follower responded. “DC is dissolved.”

Trump supporters complained that Google and Apple maps were not providing direction to Washington ahead of the Jan. 6 “Stop The Steal” protest that turned into the deadly insurrection, but independent fact-checkers have debunked those claims.
https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.c ... ogle-maps/

Maybe calling them QCumbers is too generous.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:50 am Maybe calling them QCumbers is too generous.
I like cucumbers. And cucumbers may just edge them out in the common sense department as well. QBalls? Dunno.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke

Post by Luke »

Larry Sabato --

And yeah, too generous. This "We The Media" Telegram channel is for die-hards https://t.me/WeTheMedia

Even Poso is mocking them and they don't like it!

Jack Q.JPG
Jack Q.JPG (90.69 KiB) Viewed 10333 times

Jack Q 2.JPG
Jack Q 2.JPG (97.73 KiB) Viewed 10338 times

Sterly Dot, [04.03.21 11:15]
[In reply to We The Media]
Remember: On inauguration day, Jan 20, only SIX Supreme Court justices were in attendance. Guess where the other three were and what they were doing.

Felix XIII, [04.03.21 11:16]
[In reply to Sterly Dot]
Tell us, what were they doing?

Sterly Dot, [04.03.21 11:16]
[In reply to Felix XIII]
Swearing in the real president

Felix XIII, [04.03.21 11:16]
[In reply to Sterly Dot]
Do you have proof of this? If true that would be awesome!

Sterly Dot, [04.03.21 11:19]
[In reply to Felix XIII]
Only circumstantial: Three justices were not in attendance, and “coincidentally” several blacked out Suburbans were seen entering Mar O Lago that day. There’s much more than that, but it gives you the gist.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Look, if idiots want to believe that Trump is secretly running the country from Mar-a-Lago, I say let them believe that. If he's already the President-for-Life and Fuhrer anyway, then there's no need for him to appear on the ballot again. They get to live with their delusions, and the rest of us get to have a sane person for a Commander-in-Chief. Win-win.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

People who have no clue how things work.

No clue at all.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Jacob Wohl and Ali Akbar Alexander are friends. It seems pretty common knowledge Akbar is gay, wouldn't be a surprise if Akbar thirsts. Jakey forwarded a message from Akbar on Telegram.

JACOB WOHL, [04.03.21 13:00]
[Forwarded from ALI ALEXANDER 🇺🇸]
The Qanon community says Donald J. Trump is going to get inaugurated today.

He is not.

I hate these lies which take advantage of God-fearing patriots and our military.

Selling hope like opium is a trick of the devil. False prophecy appeals to some because it co-opts our Heavenly (and patriotic) language but fills it with ego, world desire and elusive outcomes.

Note how no major Democrat is trying to unmask Q? Tells you everything.
How is Akbar not in jail?
ALI ALEXANDER 🇺🇸, [03.03.21 12:02]
Another Capitol shutdown? Now, any internet rumor is going to shut down the US Capitol?

What a complete totalitarian joke the politically-appointed leaders of the FBI and US Capitol Police have transformed our country into. This is all being done without the consent of the people.

There is no mandate to shutdown the peaceful assembly of the people when the very unpopular Joe Biden steps foot outside the White House. The guy with the most votes in American history? Guy who should be surrounded by adoring mobs?

It’s like they’re doing everything they can to make the US Capitol building a trophy for whackos and ironically make it a symbol of a parasitic bureaucratic state absent of the people.

That is dangerous. The state is using terror to cause mass hysteria.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:04 pm How is Akbar not in jail?
There's a question. Although he seems to have been smart enough not to go inside the Capitol.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Return to “QAnon and StopTheSteal whackos”