Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

SCOTUS

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: SCOTUS

Post by raison de arizona »

It's been pointed out on the twitters that Kavanaugh could simply travel to another state for dinner.

Also, why did he allow himself to get hungry in the first place?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Well played, twitterverse. Well played.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Morton’s could have issued a bland statement about their customers should be left alone. They made it hyper political.

Are the frat boy and the handmaid and their elk so out of touch they didn’t know how most Americans would feel about this dictate?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

LeGate☮️ (founder @ GoodPillow.co)
NEW: thousands of people are booking "fake reservations" for Morton's Steakhouse, after the steakhouse served Brett Kavanaugh & publicly berated pro-choice protestors
raison de arizona

That won't last long. They'll start taking credit cards to ensure the reservation. Lots of places already do that.

But yay for now! :mrgreen:

The booking on their website is down. Don't ask how I know. Imma be making a few calls.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:08 pm That won't last long. They'll start taking credit cards to ensure the reservation. Lots of places already do that.

Credit Card Required

This restaurant requires a credit card to secure this reservation. All credit card information will be processed securely. No-shows or cancellations less than 1 day in advance will be subject to a charge of $50 per person.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

neonzx wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:20 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:08 pm That won't last long. They'll start taking credit cards to ensure the reservation. Lots of places already do that.

Credit Card Required

This restaurant requires a credit card to secure this reservation. All credit card information will be processed securely. No-shows or cancellations less than 1 day in advance will be subject to a charge of $50 per person.
Didn’t someone post the credit card details of a certain theocrat on SCOTUS?

Could get some more usage…
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Too funny. Wonder if the head of reputation management is seeking new employment.

https://www.businessinsider.com/brett-k ... urn-2022-7
"Currently we are experiencing a massive wave (trending at #2 on social media now) of negative response to our comments yesterday as well as being bombarded at the local level with phone calls and fake reservations on Open Table," Scott Crain, the SVP and COO of Morton's, wrote to restaurant managers in an email obtained by Politico.

"I am making you aware of this because there is a good chance that your restaurants will also potentially have some people reaching out for comment and/or making (bogus) reservations over the next few days," Crain continued. "As I stated yesterday, our comment is always 'No Comment.' We don't respond, we don't retweet, we don't post on Instagram or Facebook, we don't do anything."

"Again, we do NOT insert our political beliefs at any time - not with an employee, not with a fellow manager, and most certainly NOT with a guest," he added in the memo.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Been to a Morton's once in my life and not on my dime. Pretentious and way overpriced.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:08 pm Been to a Morton's once in my life and not on my dime. Pretentious and way overpriced.
Same. I prefered Ruth's Chris.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:47 pm
neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:08 pm Been to a Morton's once in my life and not on my dime. Pretentious and way overpriced.
I'm a mortal. Outback is perfectly fine for me.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:57 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:47 pm
I'm a mortal. Outback is perfectly fine for me.
In fairness, my only two R.C. visits were paid for by someone else (respectively an old roommate who at least until recently made way more than I do and liked to treat me to nice food when he was back in town; and a very rich family friend). So was my sole Morton's visit. My go-to for buying my own steaks in SoFla used to be a nice little Argentine joint in Hollywood's Young Circle, a bit north of the Miami-Dade County line; on my assignment here in London, there's a French bistro down the street that makes a Bavette (flank steak) with a shallot-based jus that is hands down my favorite in the U.K., and reasonably priced enough that I was, for awhile, going weekly.

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:57 pm I'm a mortal. Outback is perfectly fine for me.
:like:
raison de arizona

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:57 pm I'm a mortal. Outback is perfectly fine for me.
I do frequent fancy steakhouses at times, but I think you can get a good steak for a good price at… Texas Roadhouse. :oopsy: I’ve had hit and miss experiences at Outback, but that may just be the particular one in NY we hit a few times with the in-laws.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:28 pm
I do frequent fancy steakhouses at times, but I think you can get a good steak for a good price at… Texas Roadhouse. :oopsy: I’ve had hit and miss experiences at Outback, but that may just be the particular one in NY we hit a few times with the in-laws.
I can do TX Roadhouse, too... But that has been hit or miss for me. I do enjoy the bottomless buckets of peanuts in the shell.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I've been to an Outback in Australia twice. Totally unacceptable from go to whoa. Won't be back.

A friend's daughter who had just graduated from Hospitality School, and was working in a firm that managed several smallish restaurant chains said "Don't worry, you're just not in their demographic". I guess that's so, but it doesn't justify crappy food and crappy service.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
keith wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:35 am
I've been to an Outback in Australia twice. Totally unacceptable from go to whoa. Won't be back.

A friend's daughter who had just graduated from Hospitality School, and was working in a firm that managed several smallish restaurant chains said "Don't worry, you're just not in their demographic". I guess that's so, but it doesn't justify crappy food and crappy service.
True story: The first time I was engaged, 28 years ago -- we're still friends today and laugh about this anecdote regularly -- my then-fiance and I had playmates all over the world due to that text-based internet multiplayer gaming form of MUDding (well, MUSHing, the RP version of text-dungeon MUDding, really). One of them was a fellow named Mark who lived somewhere in Oz. Mark was well known in our circle for being something of a health nut. One day, as a joke, Diana decides to regale him with tales of our previous night's dinner at the Outback, talking up such things as the Aussie Cheese Fries. She KNOWS what his response is going to be, but does it anyway. "Diana, that sounds revolting and we have nothing like that here." "But, Mark, you'd have been so proud of me, I drank what was basically an entire jug of water with dinner." And though Mark and I were more frenemies than friends, his reply to this day makes me chuckle: "Diana, I'd rather you have eaten the plastic jug and thrown away those fries."

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:03 pm
"Again, we do NOT insert our political beliefs at any time - not with an employee, not with a fellow manager, and most certainly NOT with a guest," he added in the memo.
This is such a fantastic example of how the right tends to see politics. _their_ stance isn't 'politics', it is just neutral and the correct order, while anyone else, well, THEY are being political.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Maybe Justice Kavanaugh needs to get his handmaiden wife cooking lessons so he does not need to venture out in public?

And I think delivery can bring his beer.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona

Right on, screw them. Also, great MAGA shirt! :lol:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

seriously why?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:05 pm seriously why?
No self-awareness that dude's the villain, I love it.

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:32 pm No self-awareness that dude's the villain, I love it.
In these circles, heros and villians are not about who you are or what you do, but if you win or lose.
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:05 pm seriously why?
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status ... 3029615616
“Justice Thamos”
Joe Biden done messed
around and found out
The only case I recall being about Biden directly was the EO one, where Kavanaugh and Roberts sided with "teh Libs" and ruled FOR Biden, against tfg and Justice CrazyWife. So screw yer victory lap buddy, who found out?

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”