Critical Race Theory

Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Critical Race Theory

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

It's on like Donkey Kong in Oklahoma! Sorry Okies! Let the investigations begin!
Governor Kevin Stitt @GovStitt wrote: Today I am calling for a special audit of Tulsa Public Schools and the potential mishandling of public funds. I'm also concerned TPS may have violated state law by teaching critical race theory.

We will get to the bottom of what’s going on at Tulsa Public Schools.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Based upon one complaint that the state’s new anti-CRT law was violated at a staff training seminar, OK Gov Kevin Stitt announces today he is launching an investigation of the Tulsa Public School system.
Full clip:
► Show Spoiler
I couldn't find any details of the alleged infraction, but offhand I suspect conflation of CRT with DEI. Which is unfortunate.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:55 am I couldn't find any details of the alleged infraction, but offhand I suspect conflation of CRT with DEI. Which is unfortunate.
That' a feature, not a bug. Anti-CRT laws are about protecting white privilege. DEI is a threat to white privilege so you have to call it CRT.
101010 :towel:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

northland10 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:58 am
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:55 am I couldn't find any details of the alleged infraction, but offhand I suspect conflation of CRT with DEI. Which is unfortunate.
That' a feature, not a bug. Anti-CRT laws are about protecting white privilege. DEI is a threat to white privilege so you have to call it CRT.
Cuz it still involves talking about *those* people. Shhhh.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

DEI is a big initiative for some companies. Will it be outlawed in the private sector?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:40 am DEI is a big initiative for some companies. Will it be outlawed in the private sector?
DeSantis was trying to in FloridaLand. I can’t remember the status, but I want to say it passed? I can’t imagine that even this SCOTUS would uphold outlawing DEI in a corporate environment, but :shrug: maybe that’s states right. I think it is called the anti-WOKE act or something.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:20 am
pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:40 am DEI is a big initiative for some companies. Will it be outlawed in the private sector?
DeSantis was trying to in FloridaLand. I can’t remember the status, but I want to say it passed? I can’t imagine that even this SCOTUS would uphold outlawing DEI in a corporate environment, but :shrug: maybe that’s states right. I think it is called the anti-WOKE act or something.
Stop WOKE Act. And there's some lawsuits still pending, I think.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”