Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:15 pm

Covering the important stuff today.
Waiting for the follow-up story in which Kyle Rittenhouse challenges Harris or Biden to a game of b-ball.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Out of curiosity to see how Fox is spinning today's hearing and other events - 4PM my time and it's Jesse Watters. I switched back after ten minutes and he wasn't slowing down talking about Pelosi's husband's DUI :yawn:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

That's really bad for Biden.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

northland10 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:14 pm

That's really bad for Biden.
Yeah, when the WH squares off against the Golden State Warriors, he'd better not put Harris in the starting line-up. One for six ain't good at that level of ball.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

She still is probably outshooting what I could do, especially from the side. Without a backboard, I am even more uselesser.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I heard it on F&F this morning, now on to the more *cough* serious *cough* America's Newsroom. Apparently some kind of cheat sheet for Biden for what to do during some meeting was discovered and that's what they're leading the top of the hour with. Dragged in Reince Priebus to help the :horse: along and Biden's not only a dead duck, he's a lame duck says Priebus. :roll:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

A meeting 'cheat sheet'?

Is that kinda what I would call a meeting 'agenda'?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

Something like this? Better or worse?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

keith wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:47 am A meeting 'cheat sheet'?

Is that kinda what I would call a meeting 'agenda'?
It was a bit more than that, but not earth shattering news. Link below is broken, sometimes video on Fox articles autoplays.

https:// www.foxnews.com/media/biden-holds-notes ... -your-seat
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:02 am Something like this? Better or worse?
see that cheat sheet on his cuffs? He needs to be reminded which number impotus he is :twisted:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:21 pm see that cheat sheet on his cuffs? He needs to be reminded which number impotus he is :twisted:
No, it would be upside down from his perspective. It was so OTHER people could read it and be reminded of his number.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:34 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:21 pm see that cheat sheet on his cuffs? He needs to be reminded which number impotus he is :twisted:
No, it would be upside down from his perspective. It was so OTHER people could read it and be reminded of his number.
:biggrin: mean to say others had to read and remind him that he was way past Lincolns number.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:36 pm :biggrin: mean to say others had to read and remind him that he was way past Lincolns number.
:mrgreen: I'll allow it :D
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Checked out the first segment of The Five. No right was removed, the right was never there. It was simply a correction. Guns are totally different, unrestricted access to guns is guaranteed by the constitution, abortion, or health care for that matter, is not. Polling indicates that the majority of the country supports a ban on abortion after the fifteenth week, something-something sixth week. If you don't want to be vaxxed, you can move to Florida or Texas, if you want access to abortion, you can move to California or New York. This is how the tenth amendment works. :roll: RBG had deep problems with Roe v. Wade, despite supporting abortion, this isn't a conservative issue.

Flipped to the Hannity radio show, he had Senator Mike Lee on. They also were talking about RBG, but had taken it a step further. They were in complete agreement that had RBG still been on the court, she definitely would have sided with the majority in overturning Roe v. Wade. There would be no question. If the left were to do even the most cursory research into RBG, they would find that she didn't agree with Roe v. Wade and thought it should be overturned. BS about riots, the right has never rioted, and we still haven't done anything about the 574 riots (yes, I realize that is an oddly specific number, not sure where he derived it from) in the summer of 2020 that did billions of dollars of property damage, injured many police officers, and resulted in the deaths of dozens of people.

Flipped back to The Five. If you want to blame someone, blame Hillary. She is the one who rested on her laurels rather than campaigning against tfg. Most women support this. Something-something let's talk about leftists rioting. There are boards going up in the windows of stores in DC. This never happens with the right. The "liberal" on the panel (was on the radio, not sure who it was, I think they have Tulsi Gabbard on this week? Not sure.) pointed out that abortion clinics got the short end of the stick versus right wing violence in the 70s. Greg Gutfield shut that down, saying that if you want to go back in time all you have to do is go back a little further than that and you will find that all violence and riots have always been perpetrated by the left. Also, polling shows that abortion rights rank really low on the scale of what voters care about. It will undoubtedly be a non-issue for the mid-terms.

Also a free floating point from I didn't catch what RWNJ radio show, the left is decrying contraception and gay marriage. The opinion explicitly states that those are not in danger. Further, abortion pills are available in all fifty states. Also, it was the left that held the line against gay marriage, that was democrats that blocked that for so long, let's not get that twisted.

Le sigh.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My head hurts, I want to cry, and I'm going to bed early.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Me too. I had to turn off CNN/MSNBC since I'm so upset, and watching comfort TV. Gotta say, Adam-12 is just the ticket for comfort TV, since I've already been through Columbo and Charlies Angels :)
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:07 pm Me too. I had to turn off CNN/MSNBC since I'm so upset, and watching comfort TV. Gotta say, Adam-12 is just the ticket for comfort TV, since I've already been through Columbo and Charlies Angels :)
Adam-12 got me through the months after Sandy Hook.
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Whatever4 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:30 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:07 pm Me too. I had to turn off CNN/MSNBC since I'm so upset, and watching comfort TV. Gotta say, Adam-12 is just the ticket for comfort TV, since I've already been through Columbo and Charlies Angels :)
Hogan's Heroes on MeTV
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

My dad was a cop. He always said that Adam-12 was the most realistic cop show on tv.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

jemcanada2 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:35 pm
My dad was a cop. He always said that Adam-12 was the most realistic cop show on tv.
I loved Adam-12. I still have this comic.
Attachments
BCC0D819-7967-435C-97A2-5F6B213F7FCB.jpeg
BCC0D819-7967-435C-97A2-5F6B213F7FCB.jpeg (104.07 KiB) Viewed 755 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:bighug:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In the 12 hours since Roe v. Wade was overturned, Fox had at least 64 men on to talk about abortion.

Not one of these men mentioned the countless women who will die from this decision.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

No Ron Johnson? Is he so skeered that he can't even Bartiromo's softball questions?
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Pluto tv runs The Andy Griffith Show 24-7. That's my reason for getting by. Just for a while until I get my footing back.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:14 pm

Pluto tv runs The Andy Griffith Show 24-7. That's my reason for getting by. Just for a while until I get my footing back.
Hadn't thought of AG. I've been binging on Adam 12 for now. Dobie Gillis might be a good choice too.

Return to “Current Politics”