Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Re: Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by Kendra »

January 6 hasn't been mentioned a single time during today's edition of Fox News's Outnumbered show. But they have found time for these hard-hitting stories.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Oliver North is still alive. He says that if Biden doesn’t honor his commitments to Ukraine, China will invade and take over Iran. (I think he meant Taiwan, but Fox audience won’t notice).
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Elise Stefanik says the J6 hearing was “a political circus” because it was held at night. “A typical serious congressional hearing happens during the day, typically starting at 10 AM.”
So, we have hearings this week that ARE starting at 10AM. What's she going to call those?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

It's bad enough these asshat media outlets post bullshit, but it drives their idiot viewers to this.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2022 ... 55148486-1

PolitiFact reporters face online harassment; we keep fact-checking anyway
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm dying. Popped over to Fox to see what they're reporting. Jesse Watters is all over Pelosi's husband's DUI problem and reading off emails from viewers. OMG, I knew Wenatchee is a challenge for out of staters, but damn, he just took the prize for butchering it. It was like WAAAAHnatchee. :roll: :brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Hey so I was watching OAN on Rumble and their new business model is subscribe to OAN Live (which is presumably online) for 4.99 per month. A fraction of the cost of cable, sez they.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hannity says he would like to go back to the policies under Trump and stop sucking up to Saudi Arabia
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

OK, so I've listened to almost an hour of Fox's America's Newsroom so you don't have to :bighug:

Not one mention of yesterday's hearing. Not. One. They're all over the economy and stock market (yeah, that's important, but still...). Big focus on security for Supreme Court justices (yeah, that's important), but they went on and on and even a clip of McCarthy preaching speaking on about it and the big mean lefties that protest at judge's houses (I am not a fan of protesting at private homes). All over protests and vandalism at Pro Life clinics. Didn't hear anything about Hunter's laptop, so for once they weren't beating :horse:

But not one word about yesterday's hearing that all the other MSM shows are covering full stop :shrug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You receive the Fogbow Medal of Valor, Kendra, and free access to our very own Fogbow mental health expert LM _K! :clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:00 am You receive the Fogbow Medal of Valor, Kendra, and free access to our very own Fogbow mental health expert LM _K! :clap:
:lol:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

and a Costco size bottle of Extra Strength Tylenol.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The name "Eastman" hasn't been said on Fox & Friends this morning; the program's sole coverage of yesterday's hearing is this 20-second news brief.
I forgot one VERY IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS ITEM I saw on America's Newsroom. They broke in to show Sen. Tim Scott speaking live at some Faith and Freedumb forum. For realz. He started it off with "I have a dream". :mad:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The sole mentions of Eastman after the 6 p.m. hour yesterday were Mark Levin saying that he was right.
raison de arizona

Caught some of the Faulkner Focus on Fox News coming back from dropping kiddo off at camp. I won't bother wading into the weeds here, but suffice to say, everything good that happened while Trump was president happened solely because of Trump, and no other president could have done it, while everything bad that happened under Trump was inevitable, and would have happened without regard to who was president. In contrast, everything good that has happened under Biden was inevitable, and would have happened without regard to who was president, while everything bad that has happened under Biden happened solely because of Biden, and definitely would not have happened were Trump president.
:roll:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I flipped over for a small bit. They're all fired up over crime in I think San Francisco and also shooting and not even safe to go to church.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Poor Matthew Gertz, just one letter from a really infamous congresscritter. :(
Out from under. :thumbsup:
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:12 pm I flipped over for a small bit. They're all fired up over crime in I think San Francisco and also shooting and not even safe to go to church.
If only there was something that could be done about gun violence like the GOP voting for some sort of gun regulations. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona

jemcanada2 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:30 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:12 pm I flipped over for a small bit. They're all fired up over crime in I think San Francisco and also shooting and not even safe to go to church.
If only there was something that could be done about gun violence like the GOP voting for some sort of gun regulations. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
You misspelled "more parishioners being armed" and "hiring armed security."
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:32 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:30 pm
You misspelled "more parishioners being armed" and "hiring armed security."
:blackeye: :blackeye: :doh: :doh:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Many of the republicans and people in general have a lot of legitimate complaints about how they've been treated and what's going on in the country--poverty, taxes, lack of opportunities, etc. What drives me crazy is that these TV purveyors of fake news have convinced them over the last 25 years that the Democrats are the cause. I don't think you have to pay a lot of attention to understand that that's generally not true, but when the only news you trust is faux, you will never know.

I am not saying the Democrats don't share blame. All you have to do is look at the fact that they never legislated the right to an abortion.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:08 pm Many of the republicans and people in general have a lot of legitimate complaints about how they've been treated and what's going on in the country--poverty, taxes, lack of opportunities, etc. What drives me crazy is that these TV purveyors of fake news have convinced them over the last 25 years that the Democrats are the cause. I don't think you have to pay a lot of attention to understand that that's generally not true, but when the only news you trust is faux, you will never know.

I am not saying the Democrats don't share blame. All you have to do is look at the fact that they never legislated the right to an abortion.
Bongino is fond of saying, "Republicans aren't necessarily the answer to your problems, but Democrats are the cause of them."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Is this Fox shifting the goalposts and trying to get the narrative away from the Loudermilk kerfuffle? I kid you not, the very first story of the day as F&f opened was this.

Background: https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/17/politics ... index.html
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

OMFG, they were filming comedy routines after the building was closed and they were going to make fun of elected people in the United States Congress.

That's death penalty for certain. Those poor schlubs. :violin: :crying:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I can't say 100% this is a fact, because I was dozing while Fox was on, but a mention was made that Boebert may have been the congress person who called in the complaint - so grain of salt.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Well Joe Biden fell while getting off his bike this morning, so that’s pretty much going to be the only thing on right wing social media today. Good times.
:batting:

Return to “Current Politics”