Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:22 pm Maggot Media Outlets reports that Dominion interviewed crisis actors ... :liar: :twisted:
:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:bored: C'mon law-speakin' folk: what do you think of Tribe's conjecture that Dominion could succeed in their motion for summary judgment in their favor? So :hittingthefan: for Fox?

:shrug: I mean, heavens, what is the point of a forum jammed to the rafters with lawfolk if you don't do some lawsplainin' and statutory wrangling? Are you relying on Mike D. to do the analysis?

Is Fox News soon to become Dominion News, the best source for discount codes for Dominion Pillows? $1.6B is lots of moolah.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I ain't no law folk.

I believe I read that a plaintiff's request for summary judgement in a defamation case has not occurred before. If the trial judge does grant summary judgement, then you can bet that Fox will appeal and appeal and appeal.

Then there is the question of damages. I think Fox has filed a counterclaim against Dominion stating that their damages request is inflated. Apparently Fox' counsel asserts that Dominion's business has not suffered.

Now, I don't know if punitive damages are appropriate in these sorts of things. I don't know if Dominion can take away some of Fox' revenue that can be logically connected to their publishing of these lies.

Personally, a ninety-day period of a test pattern with immediate and permanent termination of all news department personnel would be a good start.
bal-wmar-test-pattern--19471028-4064981089.jpg
bal-wmar-test-pattern--19471028-4064981089.jpg (488.74 KiB) Viewed 994 times
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I would be very happy if the fact that Fox’s business model is LYING is somewhere in the trial record and becomes a headline somewhere.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Is there any way people who actually watch Fox News have heard about this? Has it even been mentioned?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:33 am Is there any way people who actually watch Fox News have heard about this? Has it even been mentioned?
Even it were mentioned to their audience many times their audience would not hear it. Their hearing is quite selective.

If it got so loud they could not completely ignore it, it's fake news.

In other words, it never happened.
101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:

CULT! CULT! CULT!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: Laura Ingraham took a speech Pres. Biden gave out of context. She implied he brought up things like racially motivated lynchings often. I found the transcript for the speech she featured - It was from the day the Congress passed Emmett Till Antilynching Act. I have receipts
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

There's plenty I loathe about the vile Brian Kilmeade, but can he just learn to pronounce people's names properly? I don't even tune in to F&F that often, yet it's noticeable. Today, instead of Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown, it was Sherrard Brown. One would think he's got an ear piece with a staffer that could correct him and he could apologize, but no...
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:26 am There's plenty I loathe about the vile Brian Kilmeade, but can he just learn to pronounce people's names properly? I don't even tune in to F&F that often, yet it's noticeable. Today, instead of Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown, it was Sherrard Brown. One would think he's got an ear piece with a staffer that could correct him and he could apologize, but no...
Yeah, one would think a broadcast professional would be able to get a well known name right. Sherrod Brown is not a new kid on the block. Many people had trouble fumbling/tumbling and tongue-tied over Pete Buttigieg's name at first (myself included) when he came on the national stage, but Sherrod has been around for decades.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The disrespect is the point. I never forget that.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:

I don't remember who, but I remember when Brown first ran for the Senate, one of the talking mouths (may have been Limbaugh) laughed at the name, assuming that it was the name of a black man.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

You can’t be a Xtianist nation without guns!!

These profoundly unserious people had better be indicted soon before they do something really insane.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

neonzx wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:53 am
:snippity:

Yeah, one would think a broadcast professional would be able to get a well known name right.
I dunno about that. My expectations are pretty low in that regard.

Australian presenters, not one of them, can pronounce the name 'Martinez' correctly.
(slight walkback - this year HALF the broadcast commenters on the Tour De France got it right this year.

They can get Martina Navratilova perfect, but not Conchita Martinez and she was twice a finalist at the Australian Open, won Wimbledon, and competed for decades. Martinez is a LOT easier to pronounce than Navratilova. They cannot get Premier League coaches right no matter how long he has been coaching. And they cannot (mostly) get cyclist Daniel Martinez name correct even though he been on the protour for 10 years, won a stage at the TdF and won a stage race and the Dauphine.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Speaking of Kilmeade, he had a Louisiana legislator on his radio show this AM. I didn't catch who it was, but it sounded like Sen. Kennedy. Anyway, apparently the whole East Palestine problem is the result of Ds blocking pipelines, which is the safe way to transport hazardous chemicals. :brickwallsmall:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

They are all vile, but she is one of the vilest IMHO.

Duffy: Think about the environmental activists.. They weren't there. This is an Erin Brockovich moment.
Watters: Erin Brockovich is in East Palestine
Duffy; She is but where is Julia Roberts?!? Where is Greta Thernbug?!?

Duffy: Goya is there and Trump water is there. This is classism and this is racism. This is political retaliation.. Those corporations, many of them maybe want to help but they know that this administration is highly vindictive and they could sick the EPA or FBI or IRS on them
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Who is that woman?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:47 am Who is that woman?
:?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Campos-Duffy
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Where were the state government officials. Where was Republican Gov Mike Dewine?
Where were all the environmental activists/celebrities?

Um, they stayed away because it is an environmental disaster. And they were not looking for a McDs photo-op.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

IOW, a self inflicted wound. My advise to Fox admin and talent is to avoid swimming in the ocean for some time to come. Sharks can smell blood from miles away.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

i see white people

Kilmeade desperately trying to find someone in a FL diner who wants Desantis for president. It doesn’t go well.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:47 pm They are all vile, but she is one of the vilest IMHO.

Duffy: Think about the environmental activists.. They weren't there. This is an Erin Brockovich moment.
Watters: Erin Brockovich is in East Palestine
Duffy; She is but where is Julia Roberts?!? Where is Greta Thernbug?!?

Duffy: Goya is there and Trump water is there. This is classism and this is racism. This is political retaliation.. Those corporations, many of them maybe want to help but they know that this administration is highly vindictive and they could sick the EPA or FBI or IRS on them
Duffy knows Julia Roberts is an actress right? She only played Brockovich in the movie. Does she know Julia Roberts isn't really a call girl?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MORE: In newsletter shared by Jan 6 defendant in DC jail.. defendant questions if FOX is best media organization to show Jan 6 police video

'Do we trust Rupert Murdoch who used Fox to call Arizona for Biden on election night in Nov. 2020? So was the video released? We shall see"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:59 pm https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 0582963221
MORE: In newsletter shared by Jan 6 defendant in DC jail.. defendant questions if FOX is best media organization to show Jan 6 police video

'Do we trust Rupert Murdoch who used Fox to call Arizona for Biden on election night in Nov. 2020? So was the video released? We shall see"
Enjoy your wait :lol: It was not one video, it was 44'000 hours of clips from hundreds of cameras, to be reviewed for what may be an extract of a few minutes, the Faux News viewership has a short attention span. :twisted:

Return to “Current Politics”