RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

So I was listening to RWNJ radio this AM, apparently Hillary is definitely running in 2024, and the reason is "because sex sells" and she was a lingerie model in Brazil after a photog caught an upskirt of her and used it on billboards to sell lingerie. Which is why she now wears pantsuits. Apparently this is in her book, which I haven't read. But she's definitely running in 2024, because sex sells.

:roll:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

So wait, they didn't think Nancy Pelosi :lovestruck: would run in 2024 because sex sells? :think:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I've always thought that Hillary is quite attractive, but come on. The woman is 74.

This says a lot more about the people saying that than it does about Hillary Clinton.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:17 pm I've always thought that Hillary is quite attractive, but come on. The woman is 74.

This says a lot more about the people saying that than it does about Hillary Clinton.
I agree, it really does.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Akers is correct, Fox News just makes stuff up.
Travis Akers @travisakers wrote: I would like to inform @FoxNews and @foxandfriends that James Madison was NOT the third president of the United States and also did NOT sign the Declaration of Independence.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The November 2020 email from an anguished Fox News news producer to colleagues sent up a flare amid a fusillade of false claims.

The producer warned: Fox cannot let host Jeanine Pirro back on the air. She is pulling conspiracy theories from dark corners of the Web to justify then-President Donald Trump's lies that the election had been stolen from him. The existence of the email, confirmed by two people with direct knowledge of it, is first publicly disclosed by NPR in this story. Fox News declined comment.

Pirro was far from alone in broadcasting such false claims. In the weeks that followed Election Day 2020, other prominent Fox stars, commentators and their guests heavily promoted them.

A repeat target was Dominion Voting Systems, the election machine and technology company. Trump and his allies alleged on Fox that Dominion was engaged in a conscious effort to throw the 2020 race to Joe Biden. They implied and falsely asserted on Fox programs that Dominion's machines and software either discarded Trump's votes or transferred them to Biden. Dominion argues their false claims were frequently egged on by Fox's own stars.
Still reading.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

From the NPR story above:
In conducting the first interview of Trump after the election, Fox Business anchor Maria Bartiromo told Trump and her viewers, "This is disgusting, and we cannot allow America's election to be corrupted." In mid-December, Bartiromo announced that "an intel source" told her that Trump had won the election. She never followed up with any further material to substantiate that reporting. She is due to be deposed under oath on Thursday.

Asked by NPR whether Fox still considers Bartiromo a news anchor, and thus part of Fox's news and reporting division, rather than its opinion side, a network spokeswoman declined to comment. It is the first time Fox has not identified Bartiromo as a news-side journalist when directly asked by NPR.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:32 pm Akers is correct, Fox News just makes stuff up.
Travis Akers @travisakers wrote: I would like to inform @FoxNews and @foxandfriends that James Madison was NOT the third president of the United States and also did NOT sign the Declaration of Independence.
You'd think their own internal fact-checker----- :lol:

Sorry, let's try that again: You'd think their own internal fact-check---- :rotflmao:

Dammit. One more time: You'd think their own internal fact-ch---- :bwahaha:

Ah, fuggedaboudit.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Greg Gutfeld is one of the worst. I generally can't even listen to him, and I listen to some real degenerates. Anyway, I've seen this clip, but his commentary is just over the top.

equity /= equality
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It's the weekend, so I popped into Fox and Friends for a bit. Been a few hours and I wasn't awake then, but during the convo the three hosts were having about Queen Elizabeth's death they (naturally) brought up the Trump visit and how well the two got on together. They clearly don't like Harry and Meghan, making their points about how they don't work hard like some of the other royals and gosh by golly, Meghan didn't even attend that tea with the Queen she was so lazy said the vile Rachel Campos Duffey.

Paraphrasing there, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think none of the family wanted to attend that tea, but the Queen soldiered on because that's the kind of lady she was. Or was then Prince Charles there?

Later on, there was a segment with *legal expert* Jonathan Turley to run down the latest legal filings and why Trump certainly is getting screwed by DOJ. I believe I heard comment about the medical records stored there and there were just hundreds of pages of medical records. Who keeps that kind of volume of records in a not very secure storage area?

Not buying it. At all :fingerwag: :nope:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Kendra wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:58 am It's the weekend, so I popped into Fox and Friends for a bit. Been a few hours and I wasn't awake then, but during the convo the three hosts were having about Queen Elizabeth's death they (naturally) brought up the Trump visit and how well the two got on together. They clearly don't like Harry and Meghan, making their points about how they don't work hard like some of the other royals and gosh by golly, Meghan didn't even attend that tea with the Queen she was so lazy said the vile Rachel Campos Duffey.

Paraphrasing there, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think none of the family wanted to attend that tea, but the Queen soldiered on because that's the kind of lady she was. Or was then Prince Charles there?

Later on, there was a segment with *legal expert* Jonathan Turley to run down the latest legal filings and why Trump certainly is getting screwed by DOJ. I believe I heard comment about the medical records stored there and there were just hundreds of pages of medical records. Who keeps that kind of volume of records in a not very secure storage area?

Not buying it. At all :fingerwag: :nope:
Who keeps hard copies of their medical records at all? I just check my portal if I need to look something up.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm with Sugar on that, most people might keep instructions and follow up instructions but I was wondering, if he did have medical records, are they the ones the Secret Service took from Dr. Feelgood?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Do the medical records pertain to Trump's bout with Covid? Would some of those records qualify as presidential records and belong to the government?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true Judge Judy says. I get that they say he's not a computer kind of guy, but doctors have all that stuff if needed.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I suspect ANY medical records from the time he was president are government records. Classified, but the government owns them.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
June bug

Post by June bug »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:45 pm Do the medical records pertain to Trump's bout with Covid? Would some of those records qualify as presidential records and belong to the government?
I’d think tfg would be entitled to any of his own medical records, and may have needed them in paper form as he may not be able to access any federal medical portal.

Reason to take them in the search would likely be due to their intermingling with government docs.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Remember, the White House doctor is paid by the government, and any hospital visits are 100% government hospitals and doctors. I seriously doubt Trump ever hired his own doctor on his own nickel. Why would he, if Ronny Jackson was willing to give him whatever he wanted?
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

They throw shit out. Many try to explain it, and fail.

Repeat.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

You own your own medical records regardless of who pays the doctor. They can't refuse you access to them either.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, you're probably right, he has to at least have access. 'Course, like any other records, they can be duplicated. :think: :confuzzled:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:33 pm
Who keeps hard copies of their medical records at all? I just check my portal if I need to look something up.
He probably made Ronny Jackson put in writing that he was a perfect specimen so he could frame it.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I think having government records mixed in with your medical records is comparable to having government records mixed in with your passports. You can't claim you're the innocent victim of other people having poorly packed boxes and included documents you should not have. If classified documents are with your personal records, they are there because YOU put them there. It adds to the evidence of your guilt.

Return to “Current Politics”