Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

via a third party on YT

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... b258619f54
Fox News' hot take on why Dr. Oz lost is the dumbest thing you'll see today
Opinion by LGBTQNation - 37m ago

Fox News hosts are the frequent target of ridicule for their amazingly simple explanations meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator. But last night’s Fox & Friends election coverage took the standard to a new low with a hot take so dumb, the internet can’t get enough.
bob

Post by bob »

Check out the cited tweets in that story! :towel:
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:48 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... b258619f54
Fox News' hot take on why Dr. Oz lost is the dumbest thing you'll see today
Opinion by LGBTQNation - 37m ago

Fox News hosts are the frequent target of ridicule for their amazingly simple explanations meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator. But last night’s Fox & Friends election coverage took the standard to a new low with a hot take so dumb, the internet can’t get enough.
Hahahaha my comment made it into that article. Mine was the football reference about the quarterback.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Good one!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:13 pm
Who is that?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:36 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:13 pm
Who is that?
Steve Doocy of Fox and Friends, Peter Doocy's dad.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.wonkette.com/there-is-a-fla ... lican-plan
There Is A Flaw In Jesse Watters's 'Marry Women So They Vote Republican' Plan
Robyn Pennacchia

[Jesse Watters] said:
Also, single women are breaking for Democrats by 30 points. And this makes sense when you think about how Democrat policies are designed to keep women single.

But once women get married, they vote Republican. Married women, married men go for Republicans by double digits. But single women and voters under 40 have been captured by Democrats. So, we need these ladies to get married. And it's time to fall in love and just settle down. Guys, go put a ring on it.
First — let us note that he does not name any of these policies "designed to keep women single," because that is not a thing and it would be very weird if it were. Clearly what he's referring to are civil rights laws and economic reforms that make it possible for women to be economically independent and not have to rely on a man to survive. He just doesn't want to come right out and say we shouldn't be allowed to have our own credit cards.

Second — correlation isn't causation. It may simply be that conservatives are more likely to get married and to get married at a younger age. Probably because they tend to live in rural areas where there is less to do and more societal pressure to get married in the first place.

Third — there is one very big thing standing in their way, and that is the fact they are so incredibly unfuckable.
► Show Spoiler
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Moar stupid Fox takes on the midterms:

https://www.wonkette.com/greg-gutfeld-j ... s-midterms
Fox News Afternoon Bros Wilding Out Over Midterms, Thoughts And Prayers To All Them

JESSICA TARLOV (CO-HOST): Abortion is so much a part of health care, of family planning. There's so many people who are forced to have an abortion from wanted pregnancies. And those are the conversations that are going on all over this country.

GREG GUTFELD (CO-HOST): Are you campaigning for Planned Parenthood, or what?

GUTFELD: People who are pro-life actually do take the issues more seriously than you think, right? You want to talk about the quiet majority? Talk about the unborn. They don't have a word in this at all.

He just babbled and shrieked and swore that situations like Tarlov brought up, like the 10-year-old rape victim from Ohio who had to go to Indiana just to get healthcare, are "very rare, very rare, very rare!" He shouted over her — again and again! — because Greg Gutfeld does not need any woman explaining him about "abortion," like that sometimes you have to have one even when you don't want one, because the baby's messed up or it's gonna make you dead, NO, Greg Gutfeld DOES NOT NEED TO KNOW about THAT. In Greg Gutfeld's screams, the anti-choice people are the "nuanced" ones because they will let you have an abortion if you are actively dying (and not a minute before), and everybody else on the panel — hell, Jesse Watters wisely managed to keep his mouth shut — just hoped he'd be quiet and not stroke out.

So that was Greg Gutfeld's day. Reminder: Greg Gutfeld recently said he wouldn't want to go to college these days (again he's almost 60) because the women there aren't hot enough for him.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Well. CNN and MSNBC are still talking elections and flashing election results at the bottom of the screen. Watching a bit of F&F and notably absent from the bottom of the screen are election results. Hegseth and Caine just did a segment on all the investigations that will happen *should* Rs take control of the House. Oh, and last week Hegseth was all but anointing McCarthy as the next Leader to downplaying it happening with all the tensions and discussions going on (forget the exact word(s) they used).
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:33 pm https://www.wonkette.com/there-is-a-fla ... lican-plan
There Is A Flaw In Jesse Watters's 'Marry Women So They Vote Republican' Plan
Robyn Pennacchia

[Jesse Watters] said:
Also, single women are breaking for Democrats by 30 points. And this makes sense when you think about how Democrat policies are designed to keep women single.

But once women get married, they vote Republican. Married women, married men go for Republicans by double digits. But single women and voters under 40 have been captured by Democrats. So, we need these ladies to get married. And it's time to fall in love and just settle down. Guys, go put a ring on it.
First — let us note that he does not name any of these policies "designed to keep women single," because that is not a thing and it would be very weird if it were. Clearly what he's referring to are civil rights laws and economic reforms that make it possible for women to be economically independent and not have to rely on a man to survive. He just doesn't want to come right out and say we shouldn't be allowed to have our own credit cards.

Second — correlation isn't causation. It may simply be that conservatives are more likely to get married and to get married at a younger age. Probably because they tend to live in rural areas where there is less to do and more societal pressure to get married in the first place.

Third — there is one very big thing standing in their way, and that is the fact they are so incredibly unfuckable.
► Show Spoiler

This woman voted as soon as I turned 18. Got married at 22 he was 20. He votes the was I advise
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So, watched me some F&F Weekend today. They're still trying to wrap their heads around how to spin the election results (they were quite sober and no jumping up and down for joy and excitement on the big couch). Rachel Campos Duffy, Will Cain and Hegseth tried to spin that while yes, everyone who can vote should vote, but shouldn't these voters also be up to date on the issues and not allowed to just blindly circle in the candidates for their party of choice? I mean seriously, how does this early voting work when they couldn't possibly know how events changed up to election day? How dare they?

Paraphrasing of course, I nodded back off to sleep after those dumb ass comments. Like, did it never occur to them that some MAGA idiots might do the same thing they were complaining about uneducated Dem voters were doing, except that the MAGA peeps would just wait to vote in person and not be educated on the candidates and issues.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Idle thought that risks opening the can of worms:

Has anyone heard anything from Lou Dobbs lately? I mean, thinking about all the red wave disappointment made me think of ol' Lou for some reason.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:24 pm Idle thought that risks opening the can of worms:

Has anyone heard anything from Lou Dobbs lately? I mean, thinking about all the red wave disappointment made me think of ol' Lou for some reason.
Checking on Twitter... he's around --

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://thehill.com/homenews/3736093-tu ... -fox-news/
Tulsi Gabbard has signed a deal with Fox News to become a contributor on the network.

Gabbard, a former Democratic representative from Hawaii, ran for the Democratic nomination for president in 2020, and has emerged as a leading critic of liberals since, campaigning with a number of Trump-backed Republicans during the recent midterm elections cycle.

The former congresswoman has made regular appearances on the network over the last several months and on Monday served as a guest host of “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” the channel’s top-rated prime-time program.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Fox’s coverage of violent crime dropped after the midterms
Weekday violent crime segments decreased by 50% in the week of the election compared to the weekly average since Labor Day

Fox News significantly decreased its volume of violent crime coverage in the week of the midterms, down 63% from the week prior.
:snippity:
MIGRANT CARAVAN!!!
https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/f ... r-midterms
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll:
raison de arizona

Sponsored by the Golden Corral. :rimshot:

Oh wait, really? Cool then.

That whole montage is just sad.

And creepy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:52 pm Sponsored by the Golden Corral. :rimshot:

Oh wait, really? Cool then.

That whole montage is just sad.

And creepy.
Pathetic.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:52 pm Sponsored by the Golden Corral. :rimshot:
:eek:

Sadly, when I am home in Florida on home leave from living abroad, the Golden Corral weekend morning breakfast buffets is one of my go-tos.

Not any more. I can't.

I'll just throw in an additional two days a week where I hit my favorite mom-and-pop instead. Or maybe Original Pancake House for a Dutch Baby.

But, dammit, Golden Corral, you were the source of so many good memories from the halcyon days of my now dissolved marriage, of lazy Sundays sitting with my then-wife and at least two out of the three of the main SoFla papers' Sunday editions (Palm Beach Post, Miami Herald, Sun-Sentinel), discussing news and opinion items while chowing down happily and being goofy. Why you gotta take this from me?

I haz a sad. :cry:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Sorry about that Ben. They did give $198 to Pelosi, but other than that, it’s pretty bleak.
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/golden ... D000034105
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:33 am Sorry about that Ben. They did give $198 to Pelosi, but other than that, it’s pretty bleak.
That was a token contribution so they could say they are nonpartisan.
2022-11-19 09.41.08.png
2022-11-19 09.41.08.png (72.1 KiB) Viewed 348 times
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:44 am
raison de arizona wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:33 am Sorry about that Ben. They did give $198 to Pelosi, but other than that, it’s pretty bleak.
That was a token contribution so they could say they are nonpartisan.
2022-11-19 09.41.08.png
Wow.

I haven't been to a Golden Coral in 10+ years. I amused myself by thinking it a Dinner Theater production with the other guests unknowing they are the entertainment. :bag:

I really expected them to close and go bankrupt with Covid lockdown (other national chain buffets did). But not GC. :cry:
raison de arizona

neonzx wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:24 pm Wow.

I haven't been to a Golden Coral in 10+ years. I amused myself by thinking it a Dinner Theater production with the other guests unknowing they are the entertainment. :bag:

I really expected them to close and go bankrupt with Covid lockdown (other national chain buffets did). But not GC. :cry:
I believe they took millions in PPP money that they then got into hot water with for not using properly. But I imagine those are franchises, so some probably ate it, and some couldn't.

Return to “Current Politics”