Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Michael Hobbes @RottenInDenmark wrote: Important to point out that this isn't a "debate" driven by "valid concerns," it's straightforward bigotry. She's melting down over the existence of *greeting cards* for same sex couples.
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: OAN anchor Alison Steinberg flips out over Target’s pride section and inclusive greeting cards.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Duffy: I’ve looked around, I’ve looked everywhere, I haven't seen one white supremacist.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Did he check his mirror?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

He's doing what both of my sons did when told to look in their rooms for whatever they couldn't find. They closed their eyes and moved their heads as if searching. He then forgot to look in the mirror like Slim said.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slept through most of F&F, but did catch a bit where the couch creatures talked about Comer and upcoming meeting with Wray over this document and the horror of Wray defying a CONGRESSIONAL SUBPOENA!!! No mention of all the subpoenas ignored by Trump allies and R congresspeople ignoring subpoenas :whistle:

Bartiromo had some FL congresswoman on a few minutes ago talking Biden scandal. Her name was long, but the last name was Luna, can't remember the first two parts of it. :oldlady: I had to LOL as she got fired up and actually said Hunter Biden administration and Bartiromo naturally lets it slide.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:57 am Slept through most of F&F, but did catch a bit where the couch creatures talked about Comer and upcoming meeting with Wray over this document and the horror of Wray defying a CONGRESSIONAL SUBPOENA!!! No mention of all the subpoenas ignored by Trump allies and R congresspeople ignoring subpoenas :whistle:

Bartiromo had some FL congresswoman on a few minutes ago talking Biden scandal. Her name was long, but the last name was Luna, can't remember the first two parts of it. :oldlady: I had to LOL as she got fired up and actually said Hunter Biden administration and Bartiromo naturally lets it slide.
Isn’t Luna Florida’s version of George Santos?
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:57 am I had to LOL as she got fired up and actually said Hunter Biden administration and Bartiromo naturally lets it slide.
I’ve heard Hunter Biden administration a few times now, :shrug: I guess they are trying to make fetch happen.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

For that guy - Luna is short for Lunatic :twisted:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Chris Christie just wants to ‘bludgeon’ Trump, Fox News’s Hannity complains
Sean Hannity says ex-New Jersey governor lacks ‘inspiring agenda’ as he prepares new presidential run

Martin Pengelly in New York
Sun 4 Jun 2023 06.00 BST

Chris Christie has promised to take the fight to Donald Trump when he launches a long-shot Republican presidential campaign next week, but he seems likely to have to do so without help from one key voice at Fox News.

The former New Jersey governor just wants to “bludgeon” Trump, the primetime host and close Trump ally Sean Hannity said on Friday, adding that he did not want to give Christie any airtime.

“I have no problem giving airtime to any of the candidates who want to come on and give their point of view,” Hannity said.

“But I’m looking at Chris Christie, he left office as governor of New Jersey, 13% approval rating, 14% in another poll, and I’m looking at this and I’m saying, ‘OK, you’re only getting in this race cause you hate Donald Trump and want to bludgeon Donald Trump.’

“I don’t see Chris Christie actually wanting to run and win the nomination. He views it as his role to be the enforcer and to attack Trump.

“That’s not a very inspiring agenda, and I don’t even know if I’m interested in facilitating or listening to him babble on when he left office with nobody in New Jersey even liking him.”

Hannity facilitated a friendly hearing for Trump this week, hosting a recorded Iowa town hall.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... an-hannity
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:12 am Did he check his mirror?
He was at a phucking cross burning.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

FILE UNDER: shi*t that didn't happen

The lord has determined I am a woman. And my pronouns are U.S.A. Our nation’s soul is at stake. And we really only have a couple of choices, three, really: We can be bad at protecting the greatest nation on the Earth.

We can be average at protecting the greatest nation on the Earth. Or we can be elite at protecting the greatest nation on Earth. We know who we are. And we know whose we are.

For those of us who believe, we must be bold in our faith right now. When you gather in public spaces, pray thankfully over your food – even when the server gives you the stink eye or tells the manager that your peaceful grace is triggering them.

Had it happen to me. I’ve been asked to leave a restaurant for openly bowing my head in prayer hands. In America. It’s all good. They don’t deserve my money anyway. My faith determines my values. And I hope you’re living by your values and what brings you joy and peace and love.
Much younger version neon worked in restaurants and never once was I or staff offended by patrons praying or saying grace. She is full of sh*t. If she got booted, it was because she was creating a scene and making it uncomfortable for the other guests.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

hum I remember something about praying in a closet?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

"Had it happen to me. I’ve been asked to leave a restaurant for openly bowing my head in prayer hands. In America. It’s all good. They don’t deserve my money anyway. My faith determines my values. And I hope you’re living by your values and what brings you joy and peace and love."

What restaurant? Surely the viewers would want to know this tidbit of information so that the viewers can stay away from this blot upon the land?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Azastan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:07 pm "Had it happen to me. I’ve been asked to leave a restaurant for openly bowing my head in prayer hands. In America. It’s all good. They don’t deserve my money anyway. My faith determines my values. And I hope you’re living by your values and what brings you joy and peace and love."

What restaurant? Surely the viewers would want to know this tidbit of information so that the viewers can stay away from this blot upon the land?
No details (date, city, restaurant). It is just fabricated red meat for the viewers. It did not happen. Sounds good to them.
Jim

Post by Jim »

What did she expect, the whole restaurant to quit eating and pray with her?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jim wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:10 pm What did she expect, the whole restaurant to quit eating and pray with her?
I wonder if she perhaps said things to other diners that didn't pray?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

She's full of it.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This is a complete lie by
@HARRISFAULKNER
. Utter and total falsity. You would think these fools would have some shame after paying Dominion hundreds of millions of dollars.
Faulkner: You know, we didn't actually close schools in 1918, during the Spanish flu pandemic. We didn't even have penicillin back then. We did sacrifice. We suffered, but then we pressed on.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Faulkner says Doctor Director Christopher Wray could go to prison
Pssst, Harris, ask how long it's taken Steve Bannon to serve his contempt of Congress sentence, and that's IF DOJ will pursue it.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:39 pm hum I remember something about praying in a closet?
She was praying in a restaurant, not a street corner so it's all good. The bible is 120% literal, and it says street corner, not restaurant. It is not about the intent of the line in scripture but the exact command. Those who believe you should not use prayer to show off your righteousness and importance are woke, and commies.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.semafor.com/article/06/06/2 ... ive-events
THE SCOOP
Fox News is keeping one of its most visible figures on a tight leash as she promotes her new book, infuriating her publisher and some Christian conservative activists.
Over the last several weeks, The Five co-host Jeanine Pirro has been on a tour to promote her new book Crimes Against America: The Left's Takedown of Our Republic. But two people with knowledge of the situation told Semafor that the network has severely limited Pirro’s promotional appearances by strongly discouraging her from appearing at multiple conservative religious and political events.
In a statement shared with Semafor, a spokesperson for Pirro’s publisher, Winning Team Publishing, said that the former New York judge was “prohibited from speaking at Turning Point USA, church services, and various other events.”
“We are extremely disappointed that Fox News would censor one of their biggest stars,” the spokesperson said.
https://45books.com/pages/about-us
Donald Trump Jr is the co-founder of Winning Team Publishing. Trump has authored two best-selling titles, including a #1 New York Times Best Seller. As an Executive Vice President at The Trump Organization, Trump works to expand the company’s real estate, retail, commercial, hotel and golf interests. Trump received his Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Real Estate from the Wharton School of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

My favorite popular history of the 1918 influenza is "The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History" by John M. Barry.

Has a lot of info about Philadelphia which was the worst affected American city.

After a slow start to the city's response to the flu, Philadelphia did close the schools and the churches, the theaters and all other places of "public amusement". Masks were mandated by law. Spitting was made a crime.

Things in Philly got so bad that the city government ceased to function. It was effectively replaced for a while by a committee of leading citizens. Relief efforts were not well coordinated. Private businesses, universities, religious groups and others did what they could where they could without much direction from the city.

Other cities that adopted strict measures immediately after their first cases appeared suffered about half the death rate of Philadelphia.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperi ... a's%20fire.

https://www.jefferson.edu/alumni/connec ... -home.html
Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:49 pm
This is a complete lie by
@HARRISFAULKNER
. Utter and total falsity. You would think these fools would have some shame after paying Dominion hundreds of millions of dollars.
Faulkner: You know, we didn't actually close schools in 1918, during the Spanish flu pandemic. We didn't even have penicillin back then. We did sacrifice. We suffered, but then we pressed on.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:36 pm
Jim wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:10 pm What did she expect, the whole restaurant to quit eating and pray with her?
I wonder if she perhaps said things to other diners that didn't pray?
No, no, no, no, she jumped up on the table, screaming at the top of her lungs, and went full Kenneth Copeland after the salad came.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/compl ... 34ee&ei=12
After firing its star host, Tucker Carlson, Fox News has been scheduling its other anchors to fill in as guest hosts on a week-by-week basis, with some viewers, if not network brass, seeing these as auditions.

This week Harris Faulkner, host of the far-right network’s “The Faulkner Focus” and co-host of “Outnumbered,” filled in during what was once Carlson’s slot.

Reaction online has not been positive.

On Monday, Faulkner claimed she had been kicked out of a restaurant for praying, in what The Wrap called a “blistering, biblical monologue about the ongoing ‘attack’ on the Christian faith in America.”

“We know who we are. And we know who’s we are,” Faulkner told the dwindling Fox News audience. “For those of us who believe, we must be bold in our faith right now. When you gather in public spaces pray thankfully over your food, even when the server gives you the stink-eye, or tells the manager that your peaceful grace is triggering them. Had it happen to me. I’ve been asked to leave a restaurant for openly bowing my head in prayer hands. In America. It’s all good. They don’t deserve my money anyway.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

What does she think Canada can do? I am sure when we were gobsmacked with smoke coming from Canada in the Pacific NW a few years ago, Fox wasn't covering it at all, let alone asking what tfg was doing about it.

I think Judge Jeanine Pirro wants Biden to declare war on Canada over their forest fires.

"No! You are the president of the United States! They have done something that has harmed people in the United States. Another president would say, what are you doing to stop this?"
:crazy:

Return to “Current Politics”