Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Well, one positive about losing an hour is I'll likely sleep in and miss this episode.

This #sunday don't miss a big
@SundayFutures

@FoxNews
10am et #LIVE
@SpeakerMcCarthy

@GovRonDeSantis

@RonDeSantisFL

@RepJamesComer

@GOPoversight

@govkristinoem

@KristiNoem
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:02 pm Well, one positive about losing an hour is I'll likely sleep in and miss this episode.

https://twitter.com/MariaBartiromo/stat ... 1271596044
Wow, what a lineup of diversity! I can't imagine why you would hope to miss it with the time change.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:58 pm
Kendra wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:02 pm Well, one positive about losing an hour is I'll likely sleep in and miss this episode.

Wow, what a lineup of diversity! I can't imagine why you would hope to miss it with the time change.
Well, it always gets replayed later in the day 8-)

Comments are fun, much more critical than I've seen in the past on her Sunday Morning tweets.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Great! A second chance to miss it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:58 pm

They have a (alleged) woman. Give them a break, Fox News normal idea of diversity is brown eyes.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Maria Bartiromo wonders why emergency authorization of a Covid vaccine was necessary when people could've just taken ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:shock: :o :eek: :brickwallsmall: they still don't get it? Or is this just playing the alternate reality for the sheeple? :cantlook:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

"Maria Bartiromo"

Mostly enough said by that alone, but she wants to be the next Tucker.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:34 pm
Maria Bartiromo wonders why emergency authorization of a Covid vaccine was necessary when people could've just taken ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine
And the other idiot there supposedly went to and graduated from a medical school and said nothing... :mad:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:48 pm "Maria Bartiromo"

I never thought I'd say this, but I think she might be too stupid to replace Tucker Carlson.
And the other idiot there supposedly went to and graduated from a medical school and said nothing... :mad:
Orly Taitz is a graduate of both Dental School and Law School. :smoking:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I guess the divorce from George has her mentally frazzled and she kinda can't think straight. :shrug:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Bartiromo needs to take both drugs daily as a prophylactic against covid. That will show us all how stupid we are.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Banner day over at Fox, where they left this misspelling of “another” on chyron for several minutes during the live studio audience version of Hannity’s show (notice the double football action on the left)
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Gregg wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:01 pm

I never thought I'd say this, but I think she might be too stupid to replace Tucker Carlson.
Maria is as dumb as they come.

Back in the day, when I was pushing stocks and Maria was still at CNBC, she had me on her show as a guest a dozen or so times to talk about Microsoft, or to talk about some issue that might affect the investment picture for tech stocks in general.

CNBC had some very sharp anchors back in the day -- I always enjoyed talking to Joe Kernen, Sue Cabrera, Mark Haines, Erin Burnett or Dylan Ratigan, who were all quite sharp and very professional. When Jim Cramer and Larry Kudlow (who later became Trump's often apparently intoxicated economic adviser) had a show together before Cramer became an unhinged cult leader, it was fun to go on their show. We often had a good discussion even if we usually ended up agreeing to disagree.

But Maria managed to pull the average down for all the rest. She was a diva, not unlike Meryl Streep in "The Devil Wears Prada," even though she was not the top-rated anchor there. The most amusing thing about Maria is how slowly her mind worked. You could see the little wheels turning and you could usually predict what banal and obvious question was coming next. It was always fun to go a little off script with her. Interviews aren't actually scripted, but you do a setup call a couple of hours in advance with the segment producer, where she (almost always a woman) asks what you think and briefs some potential questions. If you have an interesting angle on something, they'll write the questions for the anchor to bring that out. Depending on the show or the particular segment, the anchor may tweak the "script" a bit to highlight her opinion and try to get the guest to work with that. Maria always tweaked the script because the questions she asked looked nothing like what we discussed in the setup call.

Maria really didn't like it when I went off script. I could see the surprise in her eyes when I expressed my own opinion where she was instead expecting me to say something that confirmed her utterly pedestrian view of the situation. The wheels would start to turn, and the more I layered in more detail on my view, the more I could see her trying to find some "gotcha" question to ask me to try to undermine my conclusion and win the argument. I'm fairly quick on my feet, and it's very difficult to flush me out of the pocket in this sort of situation, so I was always miles ahead of her. I talked to a few of her producers afterwards, and she was known for storming back to the broadcast booth after the show and reaming them out, demanding to know why they didn't keep me on script. They were used to it, as I was not the only one.

To be honest, Maria deserves credit for some good work 25 years ago, during the late 1990s bull market and the Internet bubble. She was the first reporter (male or female) to broadcast live from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Back then, the market open at 9:30 was a frantic rush just like in the movies, where crowds of people are yelling at each other, waving order slips and generally engaged in mayhem. (These days, with computerization, even the open in the main trading hall is a snooze fest.) She got jostled and knocked around while she was trying to report the news. And I know she got singled out for being a woman; you could see guys aiming to brush up against her in a way that basically copped a feel. So she certainly paid her dues. She was also known for being able to get some really high-level people in business and in politics for long-form interviews who wouldn't normally have appeared on TV.

But when she got hired to anchor the fledgling Fox Business (Roger Ailes knew her well because he had hired her early in her career before CNBC), she fell under the reality distortion field and turned into the credulous Trump cultist we see today, who's sufficiently dumb that she probably actually believes in hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin, unlike Tucker Carlson, who is at least smart enough to know he's spouting lies.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Thanks for that perspective jc.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:46 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:01 pm

Maria is as dumb as they come. :snippity:
She sounds like a typical Trump acolyte-reputation outstrips accomplishments.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

bill_g wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:00 am Thanks for that perspective jc.
:yeahthat:

Fascinating.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Didn’t thé Ramones write a song about her?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:46 pm
To be honest, Maria deserves credit for some good work 25 years ago, during the late 1990s bull market and the Internet bubble. She was the first reporter (male or female) to broadcast live from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Back then, the market open at 9:30 was a frantic rush just like in the movies, where crowds of people are yelling at each other, waving order slips and generally engaged in mayhem. (These days, with computerization, even the open in the main trading hall is a snooze fest.) She got jostled and knocked around while she was trying to report the news. And I know she got singled out for being a woman; you could see guys aiming to brush up against her in a way that basically copped a feel. So she certainly paid her dues. She was also known for being able to get some really high-level people in business and in politics for long-form interviews who wouldn't normally have appeared on TV.
I don't remember which of her shows it was - maybe On the Money? - but it was aired on a local TV station like at 5am on Saturday mornings and my husband would record it. For what I could see, Maria seemed sensible at that point. I'm glad we never had cable so my sweetie could not follow her over to Fox News.

Another Fox personality - Harris Faulkner - spent a few years being a new anchor on a Twin Cities television station in the early 2000's. She did a fine job here and even won four local Emmy awards during that stint. Now she's just another Fox talking head. Sad.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Big show tomorrow
@FoxNews

@SundayFutures
join us #LIVE 10am et
@RepJamesComer

@GOPoversight

@JonathanTurley

@ByronDonalds

@RepDonaldsPress

@SenTomCotton

@TomCottonAR

@JohnRatcliffe

@SenRickScott

@ScottforFlorida

@RepJamesComer
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Tucker: In fact, settlements like this are common.. Paying people not to talk about things, hush money, is ordinary in modern America.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Tucker: “I do it all the time!”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:14 am
bill_g wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:00 am Thanks for that perspective jc.
:yeahthat:

Fascinating.
:thumbsup:

Return to “Current Politics”