Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Re: Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by Kendra »

:torches:

Watters: Guy’s got a ton of integrity. She’s fresh out of college. Who do you believe? He has a lot to lose by lying. She has everything to gain by lying. Look at her. Shes the new it girl. She is going to get a job at CNN…
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:34 pm I don't give a flip about any two sources that don't take an oath and testify in front of the committee. If they don't testify, it didn't happen. Fuck all the way off with that already.
https:// twitter.com/Acyn/status/1542257370964922369
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Jeanine says she has two sources that say Hutchinson was low level and was not in the center of the room when major things were being discussed
Not being the center of the room does only mean not actively participating in a discussion, but one still can hear and mentally record what gets said, possibly even take notes.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:53 pm :torches:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1542260670657429505
Watters: Guy’s got a ton of integrity. She’s fresh out of college. Who do you believe? He has a lot to lose by lying. She has everything to gain by lying. Look at her. Shes the new it girl. She is going to get a job at CNN…
I believe the person that gets up in front of the committee and takes an oath. Somebody want to say something different? Get in front of the committee and take the oath. Otherwise STFU.

And besides that, we aren't talking about what a Secret Service agent said anyway, we are talking about what Tony Ornato said.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:58 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:53 pm :torches:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1542260670657429505
I believe the person that gets up in front of the committee and takes an oath. Somebody want to say something different? Get in front of the committee and take the oath. Otherwise STFU.
Agreed.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona

Rape is funny!
Lis Power @LisPower1 wrote: Kilmeade: Don't forget the Bible and bring a drunk girl home

Earhardt: Don't bring a drunk girl home

Kilmeade: No, no -- you bring a drunk girl home

Earhardt: Be responsible, take her to her house

K: We had Chris Janson, and he brought a drunk girl home

E: Responsibly
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Once again, fuck your two unnamed sources. We are past that, we are having hearings now. If your sources want to say something, they can take an oath and testify before the committee. Otherwise, ya got nothing. Less than nothing. Shut yer piehole.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Hannity says his sources tell him that Hutchinson was desperate to work for Trump. He then says she worked for Trump after his presidency.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Who told him that? DFO?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He looks more constipated than usual in that capture.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Top of the 5AM hour (Pacific time) at Fox and friends this morning. A good 15 minutes about the price of your 4th BBQ and then segued into liberal world agenda :notlistening:

Now they've got some guy on talking about fighting the cancellation of 4th of July :confuzzled:

I'll give them props to having them on location at West Point Academy, but from the future segments they've mentioned for this program, they're going to politicize and patriiotize (not a word, I know) the hell out of it :mad:

Haven't heard Hunter mentioned, but I also haven't heard mention of HEARSAY!!!! So of course she's a lying liar.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:29 am ...

I'll give them props to having them on location at West Point Academy, but from the future segments they've mentioned for this program, they're going to politicize and patriiotize (not a word, I know) the hell out of it :mad:

change approved
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

My enduring memory/opinion of Hannity was formed years ago during the Terry Schiavo debacle.

It was just one night in the protest. There were lots of crazy RWNJs in the streets
and Fox had sent him to cover it. In a hot mic moment caught by… someone, you hear him talking to two (probably blonde, this was Florida) women. He hits on them, finds out they’re there to protest the protest, they are not his usual audience. To impress them…

He absolutely trashed the Schiavo “movement”, Fox for sending him out there, the “brain dead people” (yeah he actually said that, with an astounding lack of awareness) who were in the streets because a preacher said to do it, or Jeb Bush maybe. The women agreed, they had a nice little bitch session, then they left. Without him.

You could hear him next talking to a group, saying the exact opposite of what he’d told the women.
Lying liars and the lies they tell.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fox-n ... ec655942e3
Legal experts believe that Fox News could be in real trouble for spreading baseless conspiracy theories about Donald Trump's election loss.

A judge ruled last month that Dominion Voting Systems could move forward with its lawsuit against Fox Corp., the conservative news network's parent company, for amplifying bogus claims that it rigged the election for Joe Biden, and Judge Eric Davis made clear the $1.6 billion suit was not frivolous, reported The Guardian.

“These allegations support a reasonable inference that Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch either knew Dominion had not manipulated the election or at least recklessly disregarded the truth when they allegedly caused Fox News to propagate its claims about Dominion,” Davis said in his ruling.

That doesn't guarantee Fox News or the Murdochs will be held liable, but legal experts agree the suit poses a real threat to conservative networks that spread the conspiracy theories.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:violin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Couldn't happen to a nicer fascist news organization. :twisted:
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I always wonder how many of their bobbleheads believe their own bullshit and how many know better but are in it for the $$$.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

What strikes me as a valid argument for Dominion to make is the fact that the Wall Street Journal and New York Post are also owned by the Murdochs.

Those publications did not advance the Big Lie or have their writers and editorial board promoting any so-called election irregularities. Please tell me counselor, how do you reconcile this hypocrisy? :boxing:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll: :horse:

I watched a bit of Fox this morning. No mention of the IL shooting. They did manage to find time to discuss Boris Johnson's resignation in between border crises and inflation crises.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

irony was murdered, resurrected, and then killed again about 5 different times in this clip. a classic
Fox & Friends obliviously criticizing Boris Johnson for being untrustworthy, refusing to leave office, creating chaos, and mishandling Covid -- after years of running interference for you know who -- is pretty rich
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Fox & Friends: Monticello is making “Thomas Jefferson a bad guy in his own home” by talking about slavery too much
Rachel Campos-Duffy: “This is a diabolical plan on their part to populate these positions that have influence over how America tells its story”
PETE HEGSETH (CO-HOST): We're talking about Thomas Jefferson and the cover of today's New York Post is "Pursuit of wokeness: Jefferson's legacy dissed in his own home." What are we talking about? Well you can go to Monticello, you could see the house Jefferson designed, where his library was, where he read and wrote some of those famous words in our country's history: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." Well, if you actually go there today and take a tour, the story you hear of Thomas Jefferson -- it's not about that. It's about how terrible Thomas Jefferson was because he was a slave owner. And all of us here have acknowledged you acknowledge all parts of the past good, and bad, but they've made it a one-sided point of view that makes Thomas Jefferson a bad guy in his own home. And the Post is writing about it this morning.

RACHEL CAMPOS-DUFFY (CO-HOST): Right, and it's not really caring about people who are going on vacation to these places, they want to feel good about America. There's a reason why you stop at Monticello or any of these other houses. I went to James Madison's house, and also experienced something very similar to this. The sign if you walk into Monticello by the way, says: "Is 'all men are created equal' being lived up to in our country today? When will we know when it is?" And after you leave the museum tour, which again makes you feel guilty and not so great about America, at the end there's a gift shop where you can buy Ibram X. Kendi's how to be a racist, how to not be a racist book --

JOEY JONES (CO-HOST): This is a racist human being who writes books about hating white people.

CAMPOS-DUFFY: Right, and all of these sort of books that are damning of America and suggesting that were still a racist country are for sale in the gift shop. :snippity:
https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/f ... ut-slavery

Oh My, wait until they learn about what Thomas Jefferson did with one of his slaves...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Campos-Duffy is vile.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Tuned in about half way trough this discussion, but F&F hosts were all fired up over Saudi Arabie and the Khashoggi murder and MBS being responsible. Only talking about this because how could Biden possibly meet with this horrible person after the horrible way it was done? Because it's Biden. I don't recall any outrage from Fox after the murder, nor any outrage over the way Trump & Co. brushed it under the carpet, nor any outrage over Jared getting all cozy with them. Perhaps I missed all that outrage and it happened when I changed the channel... :whistle:
raison de arizona

How quickly they forget where Kushner’s last $2B came from, I guess.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:02 am How quickly they forget where Kushner’s last $2B came from, I guess.
Yep. Mnuchin too I think?
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:15 am
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:02 am How quickly they forget where Kushner’s last $2B came from, I guess.
Yep. Mnuchin too I think?
Yup, he extracted ~$1B investment from Saudi Arab I believe.

Not to :horse: even more, but here's why that's bad for Biden...

Return to “Current Politics”