Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Twitter List of Fogbow Members - Join In!

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Re: Twitter List of Fogbow Members - Join In!

Post by fierceredpanda »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:31 pm Twitter...

Never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...
Only if one ignores Reddit, 4chan, 8chan, 8kun, Voat, and Parler.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I used Tweetdeck during the election to follow people like Marc Elias, Adam Klasfeld, Akiva Cohen, and Mike Dunford. It was great for seeing breaking news and analysis of the filings and decisions in the election challenge cases.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Add me to the list of non-Twitterererers. But, I purposely keep my digital footprint very small.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Sunrise wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:57 pm
SuzieC wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:45 pm Luv all of you but I'm not on Twitter and never will be. :biggrin:

Same here.
Ditto. I joined Facebook and have regretted it; not gonna make that mistake again.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
optimusprime

Post by optimusprime »

I am @ManwellHung_45
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:59 pm
Sunrise wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:57 pm
SuzieC wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:45 pm Luv all of you but I'm not on Twitter and never will be. :biggrin:

Same here.
Ditto. I joined Facebook and have regretted it; not gonna make that mistake again.
Twitter is way, way less invasive than Facebook.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gotcha, Manwell.

And definitely, Twitter is what you make of it. Lists make all the difference -- you can make a list for Broadway and just follow your favorites, those are the only tweets you see in that list. Or we have a Hurricane List with weather forecasters for storm season. Or like RC, the election litigation was excellent for that. You can make a list public or private, keeping it private means nobody can see it but you.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

orlylicious wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:15 am Gotcha, Manwell.

And definitely, Twitter is what you make of it. Lists make all the difference -- you can make a list for Broadway and just follow your favorites, those are the only tweets you see in that list. Or we have a Hurricane List with weather forecasters for storm season. Or like RC, the election litigation was excellent for that. You can make a list public or private, keeping it private means nobody can see it but you.
:yeahthat:

Yeah. I started following everyone who sounded interesting, but discovered that my timeline of tweets was way too big. Then I realized, for example, that while I like seeing news reports from local sources, I only need to read them if something is newsworthy locally, so I unfollowed the local reporters and put them into a Local News list. Now I can read them, and only them, when I want. I have a small list for Arizona, a list of financial advisors I find interesting, a list of pandemic experts, etc. I have one list - Top News - which only contains Aaron Rupar and Daniel Dale.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

If you are comfortable using a third party website, there is a website called twitterlistmanger.com

https://twitterlistmanager.com/

It allows you to slice and dice your lists and make sure that every one you are subscribed to appears in a list. I found it took a little getting used to at first, but it is really quite powerful. It does not ask for your password credentials, insead it verifies with twitter that you want to use it.

I am FiveAcres on twitter (surprise!).
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's something helpful, never knew how to do it. If there's a tweet you want to bookmark, which means it's on a list you can access later, at the bottom of each tweet is a share button. Click it and bookmark is one of the choices. The bookmark button has been subsumed into the share button, you won't see the bookmark button as below but it's in share which you'll see next to it.

Bookmark Tweet.JPG
Bookmark Tweet.JPG (32.56 KiB) Viewed 2018 times

Wanted to keep track of this beauty. And @RemindMe_OfThis is great, follow that account and then put a time like 6 weeks and it'll tweet when time's up. Put one of these after that tweet and a bunch of people liked it so they can follow along too also. :lol:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
wavey davey

Post by wavey davey »

Image Image ImageImage
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I got a 12-hour suspension this morning for being grouchy and suggesting one could make the world better by punching Piers Morgan in his smug fucking face.

Sorry, not sorry. :nope:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Luke

Post by Luke »

Rusty, the Space Force Squirrel, is back! Rusty isn't a Fogbow member but he's Fogbow curious and certainly supports our mission. He's not Rusty the Merciful and explained what happened... can think of way worse things to call Tomi.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He called her a Carrot?
Hic sunt dracones
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Squirrel explains their new profile pic.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I see I'm already on thy list. I spend most of my time dealing with conspiracy theorists and birthers

You guys can find me at Pogue moran
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

I used to go on Twitter to read Mike Dunford's tweets, but it stopped letting me in unless I joined. So I'm now @ESilverman80.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Don't forget to bring the snow shovel along when you migrate north this spring ;)
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Oh what costume shall the old man wear?
To tomorrow's jury lounging?

He'll come off the short bus and we shall see
By the way he must now pee.

what the hell does he do
He has no clue
When Monday rolls around???

He may be excused forevermore
And will go out and find a whore.
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Well, I made a new account and I’m back on twitter as @Phoenix5201.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:20 am Well, I made a new account and I’m back on twitter as @Phoenix5201.
So there have been 4,680 other @Phoenixes since your previous account? :o
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:20 am
Phoenix520 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:20 am Well, I made a new account and I’m back on twitter as @Phoenix5201.
So there have been 4,680 666 other @Phoenixes since your previous account? :o
FIFY
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

All the good Phoenixes were taken. :lol: 5201 is twitter’s compromise.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hey, noticed something last week and wanted to pass it along. If you're looking at Twitter feeds when not logged in, or in a private window if you're banned, after a number of messages you'll get a popup box wanting you to log in or sign up. Here's the fix: Click on log in. Then when it opens, just X the box closed. It will let you keep reading the feed. Then it might do it again after many more messages, just do the same thing. Worked every time. :P

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”