Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Bill Barr

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

Re: Bill Barr

Post by Kendra »

‘Donald Trump’s second attorney general, William Barr, is stupid, a liar, a bully and a thug, according to a hard-hitting new book by Geoffrey Berman, the US attorney for [SDNY] whose firing Barr engineered in hugely controversial fashion in summer 2020.’

Former US Attorney Geoff Berman has a tell-all about political pressure from the Trump White House in SDNY. https://nytimes.com/2022/09/08/nyregion ... -book.html
Notably, when he was asked about this by Congress after AG Barr fired him in 2020, he refused to answer, repeatedly
https://judiciary.house.gov/uploadedfil ... script.pdf
tek

Post by tek »

William Barr, is stupid, a liar, a bully and a thug
I didn't need to wait for the book to find that out.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

We should name him William Barr-Sinister. :biggrin:

Or Bill Barr-Sinister. Or Bill B-S.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Approved.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

We always knew there was more to the meeting with Bill Barr at the Pierre Hotel than uneaten sandwiches. Former SDNY US Atty saw improper partisanship at DOJ, and he is speaking out and revealing names in his new book. My review in
@WashingtonPost
Oh my.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

That was really interesting. I bet his book is fascinating, but not sure if there is anything left to tell. The WaPo article sure did cover quite a few bad deeds by Barr and Rosen. Kind of funny that Rosen pressured Berman to do Trump's bidding and in the end, he himself wouldn't do Trump's bidding.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:58 pm That was really interesting. I bet his book is fascinating, but not sure if there is anything left to tell. The WaPo article sure did cover quite a few bad deeds by Barr and Rosen. Kind of funny that Rosen pressured Berman to do Trump's bidding and in the end, he himself wouldn't do Trump's bidding.
Even evil has standards... :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... fs/671474/
Bill Barr has received approving nods recently for finally publicly turning against his former boss, rejecting Donald Trump’s claims of election fraud in testimony before the January 6 committee and repeatedly condemning on Fox News both Trump’s theft of classified government documents and the bizarre court decision letting a special master consider Trump’s absurd claims. While some have noted that this recent turn does not make up for his gross mishandling of his office over the 22 months he served as attorney general, most people give Barr credit for his recent dalliance with the truth.

Credit for moving the public discussion closer to reality is one thing, but no one should think that Barr is having second thoughts about the awful things he did in office. To the contrary, Barr’s recent trashing of Trump in a manner likely to greatly impair his presidential prospects makes perfect sense when one understands the driving convictions and objectives that have guided him throughout his adult life.

Remember that Barr sought out the opportunity to serve as Trump’s attorney general by submitting a memorandum in June 2018, expanding upon his long-held, breathtaking vision that the Founders created an all-powerful president immune from virtually any limitation on his powers. Those views had occupied Barr’s mind since the 1980s. In the memo, Barr applied that vision to Trump’s then-current obsession, arguing that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation was a wholly illegitimate intrusion on those powers.
Kendra

Bill Barr

Post by Kendra »

"When the Mueller Report came out, I feel like you mischaracterized it and I feel that was shady."

Watch
@BillMaher
press former AG William Barr on his handling of the special counsel's report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Bill Barr

Post by raison de arizona »

Barr really tears into tfg here.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”