Kendra

Re: Bill Barr

Post by Kendra »

Indicted says CNN.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Was his brief from Barr to go after Democrats?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't think anyone has heard much from or about him recently. Could he be one of the ones who has testified before the committee? Should DFO be worried?

:pray:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bob

Post by bob »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:01 pm Indicted says CNN.
I am not seeing that.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

filly wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:38 pm Speaking of Perkins Coie, I saw that Marc Elias has left the firm and set up his own shop.
@Bob. I think this is who I was talking about, not Barr. Been a couple of months though :shrug:
realist

Post by realist »

Kendra wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:43 pm
filly wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:38 pm Speaking of Perkins Coie, I saw that Marc Elias has left the firm and set up his own shop.
@Bob. I think this is who I was talking about, not Barr. Been a couple of months though :shrug:
Where in the world did you get the information (or idea) that Marc Elias had been indicted?

Or are you just saying he left Perkins Coie? Which is certainly true. And he did set up his own firm.
Image X 4
Image X 32
realist

Post by realist »

realist wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:47 pm
Where in the world did you get the information (or idea) that Marc Elias had been indicted?

Or are you just saying he left Perkins Coie? Which is certainly true. And he did set up his own firm.
Edit: Okay, I stand embarrassed. Apparently he was, sorta. Seems it's a political stunt, but nevertheless ...
Sorry. :cantlook:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Honestly at this point two months later, I'm lost at what I said and who was indicted. I think it was someone indicted by Durham? : :oldlady: :bag:
realist

Post by realist »

Kendra wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:58 pm

Honestly at this point two months later, I'm lost at what I said and who was indicted. I think it was someone indicted by Durham? : :oldlady: :bag:
See my edit above this post.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

realist wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:06 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:58 pm

See my edit above this post.
TY. I was willing to fall on the axe, :oldlady: excuse :bighug:
filly

Post by filly »

A partner at Perkins was indicted by John Durham about 2 months ago. He is no longer a partner there and everything I’ve read is that the case is very weak. Elias left Perkins shortly before the other guy was indicted and I haven’t seen any indication the two things are related.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Will this be in the fiction section?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Wintermute
Verified:

Post by Wintermute »

Fantasy section.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Who on Earth will buy this book?

Maybe Chris Christie--as an author swap.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Book tour should be fun. Can't imagine Fox and other rightwing outlets will be fans, and MSM will chew him up and spit him out.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Wait... this is a real book? I thought it was just a joke cover.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Maybe Rachel will invite him for an interview. :faint:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:pray:
Mr. Gneiss wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:19 pm Maybe Rachel will invite him for an interview. :faint:
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Actually, I can see Rachel reaching out to Barr and inviting him to come on her show when the book is released in March. Then for 3 or 4 nights, she will report that as of air time she had not received a reply from Barr.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Drats. I'm going to be washing my dog's hair.
NBC News PR @NBCNewsPR wrote: .@NBCNEWS EXCLUSIVE: @LesterHoltNBC will interview former U.S. Attorney General William Barr in a primetime special airing Sunday, March 6 at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT. The sit-down is Barr’s first TV interview since resigning as attorney general under the Trump administration.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:sick:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

fuck 'em.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:14 pm Drats. I'm going to be washing my dog's hair.
https://twitter. com/NBCNewsPR/status/1496907571499880451?s=20
NBC News PR @NBCNewsPR wrote: .@NBCNEWS EXCLUSIVE: @LesterHoltNBC will interview former U.S. Attorney General William Barr in a primetime special airing Sunday, March 6 at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT. The sit-down is Barr’s first TV interview since resigning as attorney general under the Trump administration.
Interesting timing. Barr has a book out on 3/8 according to the Amazon page.
One Damn Thing After Another: Memoirs of an Attorney General

The former attorney general provides a candid account of his historic tenures serving two vastly different presidents, George H.W. Bush and Donald J. Trump.

William Barr’s first tenure as attorney general under President George H.W. Bush was largely the result of chance, while his second tenure under President Donald Trump a deliberate and difficult choice. In this candid memoir, Barr takes readers behind the scenes during seminal moments of the 1990s, from the LA riots to Pan Am 103 and Iran Contra. Thirty years later, Barr faced an unrelenting barrage of issues, such as Russiagate, the COVID outbreak, civil unrest, the impeachments, and the 2020 election fallout. One Damn Thing After Another is vivid, forthright, and essential not only to understanding the Bush and Trump legacies, but also how both men viewed power and justice at critical junctures of their presidencies.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again,

Fuck Bill Barr

:oldlady:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”