Cinco De Mayo

Post by neonzx »

:fiesta: :fiesta:

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Cinco De Mayo

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Dos cervezas frias, por favor! :bar:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

What happened to Dos Equis? :confuzzled:

:fiesta: :fiesta: :fiesta:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:03 am What happened to Dos Equis? :confuzzled:
Good question. I haven't seen anyone drink a Dos Equis in many years. Even in my diverse community with immigrants from Mexico, central, and south America, Modelo and Corona are the popular beers at gatherings -- never seen a Dos Equis. :think: Honestly, I can't remember I last saw a Dos Equis -- I used to serve them when I worked at Chi-Chi's back in my college days -- but since then, I dunno.

Me, I'm cheap ... I drink Natural Light (Bud Light if I'm gonna splurge :P ).
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:20 am
AndyinPA wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:03 am What happened to Dos Equis? :confuzzled:
Good question. I haven't seen anyone drink a Dos Equis in many years. Even in my diverse community with immigrants from Mexico, central, and south America, Modelo and Corona are the popular beers at gatherings -- never seen a Dos Equis. :think: Honestly, I can't remember I last saw a Dos Equis -- I used to serve them when I worked at Chi-Chi's back in my college days -- but since then, I dunno.

I like Modela and Corona, but I'm most likely to order Dos Equis Amber. That said, I'm not a big beer drinker. I probably don't have four beers in a year. We have a Hofbrauhaus here, and I have a favorite beer there. I always try to get there for the Oktoberfest every year for the Oktoberfest beer as it's the exact same one they are serving in Munich. My favorite beer is actually a French beer, but only on tap, so as far as I know the closest place I can get it is Montreal. I might luck out and get it in Toronto. :confuzzled:

Anyway, we missed it last year, but we'll be heading for a Mexican restaurant tonight. They have a big covered patio, although the weather is marginal for sitting out today. I'll use any excuse to drink a Margarita. Or not.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:07 pm I like Modela and Corona, but I'm most likely to order Dos Equis Amber. That said, I'm not a big beer drinker. I probably don't have four beers in a year. We have a Hofbrauhaus here, and I have a favorite beer there. I always try to get there for the Oktoberfest every year for the Oktoberfest beer as it's the exact same one they are serving in Munich. My favorite beer is actually a French beer, but only on tap, so as far as I know the closest place I can get it is Montreal. I might luck out and get it in Toronto. :confuzzled:
I misspoke when I said my splurge is Bud Light. It's actually Yuengling (same price as Bud Light) (PA beer -- "oldest continuously operating brewery in the USA"). I can drink that lager at room temp. :lovestruck:
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

I bought a case of Modelo at Costco. I drink a bottle if I make a hamburger or chili and when I can't fall asleep. So far, I think I have had 5 or 6 bottles out of the case I got 6 months ago. I better speed it up.
May 5.jpg
May 5.jpg (38.27 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:20 am

I think this beer snob just stepped into the wrong thread. I will back out now.
101010 :towel:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

woodworker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:13 pm I bought a case of Modelo at Costco. I drink a bottle if I make a hamburger or chili and when I can't fall asleep. So far, I think I have had 5 or 6 bottles out of the case I got 6 months ago. I better speed it up.May 5.jpg
I'm the same way. You can put a six pack in my fridge, come back next year, and help yourself to a cold one.

One has to ask: if you keep your condiments in the kitchen basin, where do you put your dirty dishes?
► Show Spoiler
Tiredretiredlawyer

Love me some Dos Equis Ambar and Modelo Negra!!!

Yo quiero los Dos Equis Ambar y Modelo Negra!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

northland10 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:29 am
Which beers do you prefer?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

There are only two beers:

Guinness and Killian's Red.

The rest is dirty dish water.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I started my Cinco off late then got a text that my best friends father had a heart attack and passed earlier in the day so I ended up having a few drinks before bed. I'll be getting on a plane early Saturday morning to go back to California for the week
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:24 pm I started my Cinco off late then got a text that my best friends father had a heart attack and passed earlier in the day so I ended up having a few drinks before bed. I'll be getting on a plane early Saturday morning to go back to California for the week
woah.. sorry. this is not the way 5 May is supposed to work. :( :grouphug:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

neonzx wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:31 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:24 pm I started my Cinco off late then got a text that my best friends father had a heart attack and passed earlier in the day so I ended up having a few drinks before bed. I'll be getting on a plane early Saturday morning to go back to California for the week
woah.. sorry. this is not the way 5 May is supposed to work. :( :grouphug:
I know. Previously it was the anniversary of the day I quit a job I hated
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:14 pm There are only two beers:

Guinness and Killian's Red.

The rest is dirty dish water.
I don't drink beer much - maybe two per year - but there are some incredible craft beers in this town that are very, very excellent. Come up here some day and I'll expand your horizons.

Sorry to hear about your best friend's father, Dr. Ken. :bighug:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:03 am Love me some Dos Equis Ambar and Modelo Negra!!!

Yo quiero los Dos Equis Ambar y Modelo Negra!
Thats a man who knows beer his beer, but XX Obscura is better than Amber. We can get Negro Modelo in Australia, but not XX Obscura, only amber, to my decades long regret.

By compensation, Australia has Coopers, with some of the best beers in every category. And also a lot of very nice boutique beers too in addition.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:06 am
northland10 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:29 am
Which beers do you prefer?
I tend to do the IPA thing the most, usually with stuff from Bell's (Two Hearted Ale, Double Two Hearted, Hopslam, etc), Three Floyds, Deschutes, Dogfish Head (90 Minute IPA), Greenbush, Revolution brewing etc.

Great Lakes has great stuff as well (their Christmas Ale and Octoberfests are some of my favorites).
101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer

I've tried IPA's and wheat beers, but prefer the ambers and dark beers.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 pm I've tried IPA's and wheat beers, but prefer the ambers and dark beers.
I like pale ales. Sounds like we could safely store each other's stash knowing it wouldn't be Bogarted.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Good point! Also, too, Bogart just drank hard liquor in his movies. :biggrin:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 pm I've tried IPA's and wheat beers, but prefer the ambers and dark beers.
:thumbsup:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”