Lauren Boebert - Carpetbaggin’ Vapin’ Yankin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

Post by raison de arizona »

RVInit wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:35 am I think the 21K also just happens to match an amount of money that she owed for something, can't remember what. That's convenient!
Yes, she just happened to randomly have tax liens against her restaurant for nearly that amount that got paid off shortly after she was reimbursed for the mileage. Coincidence?
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://gazette.com/politics/state/boeb ... cabaa.html
A former Democratic state lawmaker filed a formal complaint Tuesday asking the Office of Congressional Ethics to investigate payments from an energy firm totaling more than $900,000 over a two-year period to the husband of U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert, a Silt Republican and staunch advocate of the oil and gas industry.

Former state Rep. Bri Buentello, D-Pueblo, a persistent Boebert critic, alleges in the complaint that the payments — first revealed in a personal financial disclosure form filed last week by Boebert — could run afoul of federal bribery statutes and a House rule that forbids influence trading, pointing to legislation Boebert has introduced this year to boost the oil and gas industry, a major economic driver in her district.

Boebert reported that her husband, Jayson Boebert, received $478,386 last year from Terra Energy Productions for "consulting services" and received $460,601 from the same firm in 2019, while a previous filing listed her husband's income as "N/A." The disclosure was first reported by The Associated Press.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Bring her everyone! :bored:

Also, too:
Boebert removes name from business filings tied to husband’s consulting firm
The Garfield County Republican updated business filings to remove her name. It’s not clear if she is an owner of the company

U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert has removed her name from business paperwork linked to the oil and gas consulting firm run by her husband, Jayson, after drawing scrutiny for nearly $1 million in payments it received from Terra Energy, a drilling company operating in her district.

The Garfield County Republican was previously listed as the registered agent for JLB903 LLC, which in turn was the legal designee for Boebert Consulting, the oil and gas business run by her husband.

New paperwork filed last week with the Colorado Secretary of State’s Office by Boebert’s campaign treasurer Mike McCauley, a Salt Lake City accountant, removed the congresswoman’s name from JLB903. Instead, the company now lists itself as the registered agent, which is permissible according to the secretary of state’s website.

The changes, made after The Colorado Sun reported the congresswoman’s ties to Boebert Consulting, distance Boebert from the two companies, which are registered to the couple’s home in Silt. But it’s not clear what ownership or stake, if any, Lauren Boebert has in either company.

A spokesperson for Boebert’s congressional office did not answer a question last month about whether the congresswoman is an owner of Boebert Consulting, and did not respond to requests for comment Tuesday.

The filings with the Colorado Secretary of State’s Office also put both Boebert Consulting and JLB903 LLC, which were previously listed as delinquent, back in good standing.
:snippity:
https://www.durangoherald.com/articles/ ... ting-firm/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

When Glen Beck is the rational one. Good God, she's a whole landfill of stupid. She is saying, we impeach and remove (or somehow remove from Speaker even though the Dems control the house) until we get the President we want. What great love for America she has.
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm sure She and beck worked out those questions in advance.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Boebert said something stupid again, it must be a day that ends in Y. And Uproxx stole my thread title for their headline! I charge 25¢ for that, and I'm sending them a bill!
Rootin’ Tootin’ Lauren Boebert Attributed A Samuel Adams Quote To John Adams, And People Had A Field Day

A lot of people are good at Twitter. Rifle-Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) is not one of them. This week, she’s been called out for her praise of the Taliban, and that’s in addition to how she got roasted for a silly Siri question and dragged for a pronoun discussion, in which she attempted to be clever by shading trans rights. And Lauren Boebert has messed up again on Twitter, this time by attributing a quote to John Adams (the 2nd president of the United States) to Samuel Adams (also a founding father, but who’s arguably better known as the namesake of a beloved brewery).

Rootin’ tootin’ Boebert does run a bar and grill, and perhaps that’s why, when she spoke of being a “patriot,” that’s why her mind moved toward beer instead? Who knows. It’s probably best to not try and make sense of why she wrote this (in a now deleted tweet-image): “For true patriots, to be silent, is dangerous” while adding, “Always let your voice be heard, patriots.”

:snippity:
https://uproxx.com/viral/lauren-boebert ... ms-samuel/

Also worth pointing out:
Kurt Eichenwald
@kurteichenwald
·
18m
This is what you get with Congressfolk like
@laurenboebert
whose knowledge of history is from memes. It’s from a 1766 letter by Mass legislature THANKING King George, signed by Tom Cushing, James Otis, George Partridge, Joe Hawley, Joe Saunders, Sam Dexter & Sam Adams (not John)
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/stat ... 44643?s=20
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Some reporter should ask her about John Quincy Adams and really confuse her.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
filly

Post by filly »

Man this chica really goes out of her way to look (and think) like $arah Palin.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

filly wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:23 pm Man this chica really goes out of her way to look (and think) like $arah Palin.
Dear Zeus, until you said it I never realized how much she looks like Caribou Barbie.... :bag:

[Yet I always realized she thought just like her, hell the whole GQP does now...]
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

filly wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:23 pm Man this chica really goes out of her way to look (and think) like $arah Palin.
Palin looks downright scholarly compared to this seditionist b.... hmmm I will stop before the bad language continues.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That’s not a flattering photo.
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Well, Lil Lauren will start screeching and waving her guns around in 3, 2, 1....

The latest draft of the redistricting map for Colorado was released yesterday (Colorado will have one more district) and Buffalo Barbie would live in the Second Congressional District, not the Third!!! If the map is adopted it will mean that she will either have to move south or run against Joe Neguse for the Second Congressional seat.

This Colorado Public Radio news story shows the just released draft, a much different looking draft released in June, and the existing district map. One comment from Republican Frank McNulty who used to be the Speaker of the House back when Republicans controlled the state legislature (also he was the head of a group that sued Senator Hickenlooper for ethics violations just prior to last year's election in an failed attempt to kneecap Hickenlooper's run for the Senate) is precious:
“The idea of putting Northwest Colorado’s cattle ranchers with vegans in Boulder doesn’t make sense.”
Colorado’s Redistricting Committee Just Released A New Map, And It Looks Pretty Different From The Last One

I can only imagine the stupid coming out of Buffalo Barbie at an election rally in Boulder, CO next year. :rotflmao:
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

While I am not familiar with the political geography of Colorado, the proposed redistricting appears to have been drawn in a non-partisan manner. It doesn't partition counties between districts.

Buffalo Barbie can move Shooter's one county south (from Garfield County to Mesa County) to join Belinda and Tina and maybe stay in the game.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://www.facebook.com/laurenboebert/ ... 8990688013

Where she posts a picture of her touching a goat that is not looking very impressed at all, from arms length, and says "I made a new friend today."

Boebert..jpg
Boebert..jpg (128.02 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Hic sunt dracones
tek

Post by tek »

the expression on the goat is priceless :rotflmao:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

tek wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:56 am the expression on the goat is priceless :rotflmao:
It’s leaning away. I’ve never seen a goat lean away from a potential food source.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

The goat is NOT impressed, she looks like she isn't happy about it either. Goats are generally good judges of character.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:12 pm The goat is NOT impressed, she looks like she isn't happy about it either. Goats are generally good judges of character.
The goat also looks like it's looking for a way out
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

The goat is afraid he's about to be rendered into some of her signature tainted meat diarrhea sliders.
Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I guess if she loses in her new district her hubby's new career as an "oil and gas consultant" is over. They'll be back to wearing guns and carrying food to tables. I don't recall what her husband actually did before realizing that he could get millions of dollars from oil and gas companies in exchange for her pushing the oil and gas agenda in Congress, but I remember it wasn't very impressive or lucrative.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

RVInit wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:47 pm I guess if she loses in her new district her hubby's new career as an "oil and gas consultant" is over. They'll be back to wearing guns and carrying food to tables. I don't recall what her husband actually did before realizing that he could get millions of dollars from oil and gas companies in exchange for her pushing the oil and gas agenda in Congress, but I remember it wasn't very impressive or lucrative.
I believe it involved waving his penis at minors.

Or at least that's what the arrest report said.

I'm not sure if it was impressive or not, but I doubt it.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

IIRC Mr. Lauren used to be a field supervisor for an oil and gas company before realizing he was perfectly qualified to provide professional consulting services to the oil and gas industry.

Hey, come on now. This Murka where everyone can take their dog given talents and make a killin' as a consultant. :mrgreen:
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:55 am The goat is afraid he's about to be rendered into some of her signature tainted meat diarrhea sliders.
:yeahthat: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”