Lauren Boebert - Carpetbaggin’ Vapin’ Yankin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

These people suck. They are bad people.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Rooting’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:12 pm https:// twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1427630473979781128
Lauren Boebert @laurenboebert
Aug 17, 2021
Those who think the Taliban IS NOT rebuilt under Biden forget that his policies led to the capture of more US taxpayer funded equipment than many of our NATO allies have…
He handed them over $80 billion in combat vehicles, aircrafts, helicopters, artillery, munitions, drones and other equipment.

Joe Biden did a better job building back the Taliban than he did the middle-class who got $0.16 cheaper hotdogs.
3:56 PM · Aug 17, 2021
No - Biden did no such thing. The Taliban picked up the armory of the Afghan forces, of course all of US origin.

The retreat initiated a couple of years ago included clearing all forward camps and operating bases and handing them stripped to the palisade structures and some barracks over to the Afghan forces. The stuff went into a depot at Baghram airbase. Valuable hardware was flown out over many months. What was decided to be left behind was reduced to scrap value. If the Taliban can find a source of energy they can start a smelter business and melt down the scrap to new steel.

On those $80 billion, that is not the price of the hardware, it's the cost of the whole operation since Republicans started the war following 9/11. It includes the cost of all US manpower stationed in the country, soldiers and contractors, building of the army and airforce infrastructure, all subsidies and bribes paid to the Afghan government, including an attempt to make them establish a modern army and small airforce. Also includes the cost for Afghan workers on the bases.

PS. I am not sure about the number, I did not waste my time researching it, but it may be the total post-9/11 military intervention, including the Iraq desaster.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:50 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:12 pm https:// twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1427630473979781128
Aug 17, 2021
Those who think the Taliban IS NOT rebuilt under Biden forget that his policies led to the capture of more US taxpayer funded equipment than many of our NATO allies have…
No - Biden did no such thing. The Taliban picked up the armory of the Afghan forces, of course all of US origin.

The retreat initiated a couple of years ago included clearing all forward camps and operating bases and handing them stripped to the palisade structures and some barracks over to the Afghan forces. The stuff went into a depot at Baghram airbase. Valuable hardware was flown out over many months. What was decided to be left behind was reduced to scrap value. If the Taliban can find a source of energy they can start a smelter business and melt down the scrap to new steel.

On those $80 billion, that is not the price of the hardware, it's the cost of the whole operation since Republicans started the war following 9/11. It includes the cost of all US manpower stationed in the country, soldiers and contractors, building of the army and airforce infrastructure, all subsidies and bribes paid to the Afghan government, including an attempt to make them establish a modern army and small airforce. Also includes the cost for Afghan workers on the bases.

PS. I am not sure about the number, I did not waste my time researching it, but it may be the total post-9/11 military intervention, including the Iraq desaster.
Republicans, especially idiots like Boebert, forget that, as recently as June of this year, Trump was taking credit for the drawdown in Afghanistan.

I well remember, twenty years ago, some pundits were warning that Afghanistan was a no-win situation. The British were there and failed, the Russians were there and failed, and now the US has been there and failed. I believe someone referred to it as "The graveyard of armies", or something like that.

Thank you Dubya.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

"Thank you Dubya."

And Cheny; can't forget Cheney.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dave from down under

Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

Post by Dave from down under »

Afghanistan is a notoriously difficult country to govern. Empire after empire, nation after nation have failed to pacify what is today the modern territory of Afghanistan, giving the region the nickname “Graveyard of Empires, ” even if sometimes those empires won some initial battles and made inroads into the region.

The Young British Soldier
Rudyard Kipling
:snippity:
When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
Gene Kooper

Re: Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

Post by Gene Kooper »

Lil Lauren is so acutely stupid it raises the obvious question, who took her GED exam! :doh:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Mr. Gneiss wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:19 am Lil Lauren is so acutely stupid it raises the obvious question, who took her GED exam! :doh:
Same person who took Orly's bar exam maybe :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Caught red handed! Or not. Wonder when the reimbursements were made, my guess would be right after they got wind of the investigation.
Federal officials press GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert over apparent personal use of campaign funds

KEY POINTS
  • Federal officials are pressing Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., for answers on the apparent personal use of campaign funds.
  • A letter from the Federal Election Commission to the treasurer of Boebert’s 2022 reelection campaign inquired about four Venmo payments totaling more than $6,000.
  • A spokesman for Boebert told CNBC that the personal expenses were already reimbursed but did not say what the payments were for.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/18/lauren- ... funds.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Mr. Gneiss wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:19 am Lil Lauren is so acutely stupid it raises the obvious question, who took her GED exam! :doh:
from what I understand, and I can no longer find the reference, she took the GED exam 3x failing all three times. On the 4th attempt, they simply gave it to her. But if I had to guess, Orly?
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:28 pm
from what I understand, and I can no longer find the reference, she took the GED exam 3x failing all three times. On the 4th attempt, they simply gave it to her. But if I had to guess, Orly?
To the best of my knowledge, that tidbit is false. She took a four-course review and then passed the test on the first try. I have seen that tidbit posted here and there, but I have never seen any proof.

On another note, my understanding is that she got preggers and prioritized family over finishing high school. I equate mocking her for this to mocking AOC for having been a bartender. Additionally, as someone who has an 8th grade education, I believe formal education can be highly overrated anyway.

I've got plenty to mock her on, I try to stay away from the GED issue, beyond a throwaway joke. :thumbsup:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:38 pm
To the best of my knowledge, that tidbit is false. She took a four-course review and then passed the test on the first try. I have seen that tidbit posted here and there, but I have never seen any proof.

On another note, my understanding is that she got preggers and prioritized family over finishing high school. I equate mocking her for this to mocking AOC for having been a bartender. Additionally, as someone who has an 8th grade education, I believe formal education can be highly overrated anyway.

I've got plenty to mock her on, I try to stay away from the GED issue, beyond a throwaway joke. :thumbsup:
I said it was "my understanding" not as a statement of fact, and she did say she got pregnant and dropped out. I've never mocked anyone w/a GED. I was mocking her for being not bright enough to pass the exam.
I still say Orlytook it for her.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:41 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:38 pm

I said it was "my understanding" not as a statement of fact, and she did say she got pregnant and dropped out. I've never mocked anyone w/a GED. I was mocking her for being not bright enough to pass the exam.
I still say Orlytook it for her.
:thumbsup:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I have it on good authoritay that Boebert can't even spell GED. [/obvious throwaway joke]
Image Image Image Image
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

I've heard her talk, and hr comments on various things lead me to believe that she couldn't pass a GED if someone spoonfed her the answers. Dumb as a rock doesn't even come close to covering it. She may actually be dumber than Gomer.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

noblepa wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:19 pm Republicans, especially idiots like Boebert, forget that, as recently as June of this year, Trump was taking credit for the drawdown in Afghanistan.

I well remember, twenty years ago, some pundits were warning that Afghanistan was a no-win situation. The British were there and failed, the Russians were there and failed, and now the US has been there and failed. I believe someone referred to it as "The graveyard of armies", or something like that.

Thank you Dubya.
Graveyard of Empires but, basically, same diff.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/19/lauren ... a-mystery/
Last Friday was the deadline for members of the House of Representatives to file their 2020 financial disclosure reports to the Clerk of House. It passed without Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., the firebrand pro-gun conservative, filling on time. On Tuesday of this week, the congresswoman filed her 2020 disclosure, but a Salon investigation revealed that she has failed to file the mandated reports for previous years, including 2019.

With Boebert's financial dealings from both 2019 and 2020, for the most part, remaining unclear, one fascinating question has emerged: What happened to the plane? Specifically, to the red Aviat Husky, a two-seat light aircraft that Boebert either did or did not own at one point.

On Tuesday, Boebert filed her "new filer" disclosure form, a few days late, which detailed financial dealings for the 2020 calendar year. To begin with, the lawmaker's salary last year from Shooter's Grill, the gun-themed restaurant she owns with her husband, Jayson, in Rifle, Colorado, is listed as exactly $1. Jayson Boebert, however, brought home nearly half a million dollars working for the energy firm Terra Energy Productions in 2020 and is on track to earn $768,000 in 2021.

With Boebert earning an additional $174,000 as a member of Congress, the couple is on track to earn almost $1 million in 2021, placing them within the top 1% of earners in the United States, as well as in the upper echelon of the wealthy Colorado mountains, where they live. Tuesday's filing outlined that Boebert currently owns no stocks, bonds or income property and that her personal assets in a checking account were valued at less than $15,000 with Shooter's Grill valued between $50,000 and $100,000.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:03 pm https://www.salon.com/2021/08/19/lauren ... a-mystery/
:snippity: Jayson Boebert, however, brought home nearly half a million dollars working for the energy firm Terra Energy Productions in 2020 and is on track to earn $768,000 in 2021. :snippity:
The willy waver makes 3/4 of a million/yr? Nice. Who is Terra Energy Productions, when did they hire him, and what (if any) are Lauren's ties to it?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

I'm shocked, shocked I tells ya! :eek:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Grifters.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I think this part did not receive proper mentioning

in https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/08/lau ... orruption/
Lauren Boebert is facing serious allegations of financial corruption

She also faces questions about her campaign reimbursements for travel expenses.

She billed her campaign for mileage driven during the campaign that total one and a half trips around the Earth: over 38,000 miles.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

She's a sovcit Rethug so she is running true to form. Hopefully a jail term is in her future as well.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:43 am I think this part did not receive proper mentioning

in https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/08/lau ... orruption/
Lauren Boebert is facing serious allegations of financial corruption

She also faces questions about her campaign reimbursements for travel expenses.

She billed her campaign for mileage driven during the campaign that total one and a half trips around the Earth: over 38,000 miles.
Since members of the House of Representatives are elected from districts, not the entire state, she didn't even have to drive the whole state. Colorado has seven districts. She only needed to cover one of those seven. Its hard to imagined racking up 38,000 miles in a single district. At an average speed of 60 mph, that's over 600 hours behind the wheel. How long does it take to drive across her district?
bob

Post by bob »

In Boebert's defense, CO-3 is huge; it is basically the western half of Colorado.

I presume there were multiple vehicles; one car driving 40k is very different than 5 cars driving 8K each, for example.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:35 pm In Boebert's defense, CO-3 is huge; it is basically the western half of Colorado.

I presume there were multiple vehicles; one car driving 40k is very different than 5 cars driving 8K each, for example.
Yeah, but if it were five different people doing the driving, why would she be reimbursed for all 38,000 miles? Shouldn't the reimbursements have gone to those who actually did the driving?

It is my understanding (perhaps mistaken) that she was personally reimbursed by her campaign for 38,000 miles. The federal mileage reimbursement rate for 2020 was $0.575. That's more than $21k.

Now, if her campaign paid $21k in total for mileage reimbursements for all campaign workers, then the whole issue is a big nothingburger. But the news stories all seem to indicate that she personally received reimbursement for 38k miles.

And, if she was reimbursed for miles she didn't actually drive, that would constitute tax fraud as well. It would be unreported taxable income.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I think the 21K also just happens to match an amount of money that she owed for something, can't remember what. That's convenient!
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”